main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Are we in LA or Ord mantel????

Common sense people, don't act like a victem.

2. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    I was quoted $134 for two twin beds.

Still no confirmation number...[face_whistling] I hope I gave them the right email address. As I wait, I can dream of how fun it will be!

A big thank you to everyone in this thread. It was a great help!

Lufta

3. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    I was given a confirmation number over the phone, but I forgot it!!!!! I'll have to call back.

4. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    I called the Figueroa Hotel last night and booked a room with twin beds for $134 a night. I just received my hotel confirmation e-mail today.

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    My room with 2 double beds was $154 a night. Also, LA is not as bad as everyone is afraid of. I have been to LA and it was just myself and my husband and we had no problems. Now we did not walk around at 2 in the morning or anything, but from the hours of 7 a.m and 12 a.m. were just fine for us, and we were in downtown LA. You do have to be vigilant, but I am from the Youngstown, Ohio area and I have been trained well. I have never had any trouble in my area or LA so just stay vigilant.

Also, alot of people have been talking about the hotel ratings and I would not be worried too much at this hotel. The reason I say this is because this hotels pool area has been rated as #1 in LA. Alot of hollywood after parties have been held here. I very much doubt that if the brass of hollywood goes here after premieres and the Oscars that it is a poor hotel. It is an older building that is haunted, but it is a very nice place, and the decor is Moroccan and very stylish.

I think that even though LA is far away for me and not very affordable, us eastcoasters will have a blast. It is well worth it!!!

6. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Amidala, I am from Youngstown too and I will be going to LA. Does not scare me at all. Now all I have to do is come up with the money[face_money_eyes]

7. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Money was a problem for me last time when it was at Indy, but I got there. It will take a little bit more for those on the east coast, but how can one miss this convention? I know I can't. LOL

8. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    YODAKARMA...what part of Youngstown...awesome to know someone else from here is going...woohoo, I am not the only strange one.

9. yodakarma

Nov 9, 2004
    Youngstown, south side, right along Boardman border, actually a very nice street right of Midlothian

10. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    About the Figueroa...you make reservations with a credit card and they don't take the money out right away, correct? I've heard of some hotels in AC wanting take the money off your card immediately. Well, I can't afford that now. I'm asking because I've read quite a few negative reviews about the place, one of which is extremely wild on the "Trip Advisor" site - so much so that I'm sure it was made up - something crazy like the owner throwing a couple and their infant child out of the hotel after midnight in the pouring rain. Rubbish! :rolleyes: Plus, I hear what you're saying about people more likely to leave negative reviews than positive comments. Anyway, the most important thing to me is the distance from the LACC. I'm coming from Philly; I don't know anyone in LA and if I go on this trip I'll be squeezing every dime. But I must go! [face_dancing] So I won't be clubbing or shopping or taking in many sites at all. I'd love to explore Cali but this trip is all about Star Wars for me. I just want to be able to attend each day at the convention early or very late and not have to worry about traveling long distances to and from. So don't take all the Fig rooms please; leave one pour moi! ;)

11. yodakarma

Nov 9, 2004

The rooms are not prepay. In fact most of the hotels will not be prepay unless you specifically book one of their prepay rates, go through a travel website ( such as expedia, even then it won't be all the rates ) or the opaque travel sites ( Hotwire or Priceline ). Hotel reviews are not always reliable as they related to the individual's expectations. I am sure the hotel will serve its purpose.

12. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    WOW, we live in eachothers backyard. I live in Struthers off of Sexton, small world.

13. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Just received my reservation confirmation email for the Figueroa. :D So far, so good with the trip planning!

Yes, the pool is supposed to be highly rated. The pictures are lovely. I wonder how the food and the bar are? Looks like a cool place - very other-worldly, which is so appropriate!

14. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I agree, where did you get your padme amidala insignia, I have been looking for one of those for ages?

15. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    It was one the choices found here a few (four, five, six,???) years ago. Maybe it still is available? :confused: I haven't checked out any new ones.

"Lufta Shif", by the way, was an educational regent who served with Amidala on Naboo according the the DK EP1 Visual Dictionary. I am a teacher and thought it was an appropriate name and insignia.

Anyone out there from the "big Denver disaster" the night before C3? United cancelled our connecting flight from Denver to Indy and a bunch of us were stuck for the night. It would be awesome if we could all stay at the Figueroa!

Lufta

16. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    That is so funny I am a teacher too. I currently stay at home with my kids because jobs are in extinction here until all these LEVIES pass. So I am going to wait until my kids get bigger and then go look for a job.

I am staying at the Fig...I think we should get together one night and celebrate.

I will be looking for that insignia...thanks!!!

17. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    I agree we should all get together for a celebration! LOL Also for those who are a ways away, I hear the convention will be sending out shuttle busses to get fans to the center. So don't worry to much. But I understand the need tobe close. LOL
    http://groups.myspace.com/celebration4

18. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    I was just there in March for Wizard World LA.. This hotel is absolutly GORGEOUS! Some of my fellow artists were staying there(we were across the street at the Holiday Inn) and the party al ways ended up in the Figueroa bar..it is beautiful!

19. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Glad to hear it, although I personally was not worried, but some on the post were so thanks for the personal experience.

20. BrunoFett

BrunoFett Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    Anyone out there from the "big Denver disaster" the night before C3? United cancelled our connecting flight from Denver to Indy and a bunch of us were stuck for the night. It would be awesome if we could all stay at the Figueroa!

Actually I am a victim of that disaster! My brother in Law was flying in from Denver and suppose to check into the hotel. I was taking the red eye out of Vegas and rolled into the hotel about 5:30 am. Since he did not check in the night before, the hotel gave our room away. I ended up sleeping, or at least trying to, on the hotel lobby couch. AH Good Times!

I am staying at the Figueroa for C$ and driving in!

21. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    Wow a lot of us are staying at the Figueroa me including. I hear this is an awesome hotel but this will be my first trip to LA. I am very excited. PARTY AT FIGUEROA!!!!!

22. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    From the sounds of it; the Fig should be rocking the whole weekend. We really should get some kind of party happening.

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh YAY!!!!! First hand fan (positive) accounting! This is what I was hoping to hear.

You know, I think even when the 'room blocks' open up, I'm sticking with the 'fig'. It's still mega close to the convention center, it's booked and it has CHARACTER. I can stay in a box any time, this is LA, C4 (but I like C$ too! [face_laugh] )and it's a hotel with a bit of history - Since it was once a YWCA, I wonder how many 'wanna be starlets' stayed there during the Golden era of Hollywood?

*must reserch the building a bit more*

24. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    It's not pre-paid, I was told they will charge my card when I arrive (good news for me). You said you were from Philly? I was raised within the Philadelphia metropolitan area, born right across the river in South Jersey, and raised in the northern suburbs of Wilmington, DE. Both parents were born and raised in NE Philly.

EDIT: As many others have said, it does seem the Figeuroa Hotel (which is one of the very few available places to stay that is close to the convention) is going to be filled with SW fanatics! I say we have a huge social gathering at the bar/restaurant.

25. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    With all these SW nuts at the Figueroa it won't look so out of place walking through the lobby in costume :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.