BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    While I'm at it, let's start a list of who is booked where. We can use this thread over the next year to get to know each other ;)

Here's us

The Figueroa

Kim & Kieron from Bryan, Ohio
  2. Lufta Shif Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry about these slow responses. Last night we had a mini-emergency at home with a broken pipe to our lawn sprinkler system and I rushed away from the computer...

Amidala081499 ? Glad they still had the Amidala insignia offered. I am honored to ?share? it with another teacher!

Gatodama ? Thanks for the positive review of the Fig! It is great to hear such a positive first-hand opinion of our future SW home for a week!

BrunoFett - Ask your brother-in-law if he was with our group?after United said we could not get out on another United flight until late the next day, we all booked a flight on ATA ($$$). We spent the night on the floor of the Denver Airport near the ATA check-in counter. I will never forget it. We were total strangers until that flight was cancelled, but we banded together and helped each other out. We finally made it to Indy around 9AM.

Yes, the Fig sounds more like quite a find, instead of merely a backup now...I am so excited. [face_dancing] This thread (or another if someone creates it) will be a great way to get to know everyone...

3. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    Um...the Figueroa never asked for my email address. And thus I never got an email confirmation. All I got was a confirmation number over the phone. I spoke to Uno. Do I need to call back? :confused:
  4. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *shrug*
    All we got was a confirmation email, not a number, so who knows?
  5. movieboy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Add me to the list:
    Neil Shivelle
    Richmond, KY
  6. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    Add me as well:

Dallas Kempo
    Virginia, USA
  7. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Figueroa

Kim & Kieron from Bryan, Ohio

Neil Shivelle
    Richmond, KY

Dallas Kempo
    Virginia, USA

Is everybody here in this thread so far at the Figueroa? There is a separate thread going for that but its good to know where fellow SW fans will be spread out. ;)
  8. Lufta Shif Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmmm...I do not know for sure. Maybe you could email them, as I am sure they are still flooded with phone calls. (Their address is on their website; I cannot recall it now...) I think that if you have a reservation number, then you are all set. I had no reservation number and no email (until last night) so I was nervous, but I think you will be OK.

Lufta
  9. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright. I'll let it go for now. Maybe later on when some of this activity dies down I'll shoot 'em an email.

When I booked a Holiday Inn room on Long Island for I-CON, the front desk told me they'd canceled my reservation and given my room to someone else because I had canceled it. :mad: I had done no such thing--two weeks before all I did was call to double-check that they had given me the right size of room. Whoever had answered my call had been stupid enough to confirm my reservation to my face [or rather, ear] then turn around and cancel it when I hung up. So I've had the old switcheroo pulled on me before. Certainly don't need that again, especially when I'm traveling so far. At least an email confirmation is printable and irrefutable proof--with just a number over the phone it's my word against theirs.
  10. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    I called the hotel to get my confirmation number again (since I forgot it, and didn't write it down), and there was no problem in getting my number. I have a strange feeling all of our confirmation numbers are the same.
  11. movieboy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why do you think that?
  12. Tethys Jedi Knight

star 1
    I too am at the Figueroa. I have booked a Queen room (double) but it may have room for a mattress if any female wants to share costs with me. Warning - I am english!
  13. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    I just posted this in the Figueroa thread but I thought I should post it here too

14. buggyvirus1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    That is awesome to see what we are up against. How long did the walk take you on average to get there?
  15. jbrianchamberlin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think I'm getting my room at the Holiday Inn. It's cheaper... like $119 a nite. Not too bad and it's the closest hotel to the convention center.
  16. movieboy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good luck getting a room there; from what everyone has said it is booked full that weekend.
  17. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    While I'm at it, let's start a list of who is booked where. We can use this thread over the next year to get to know each other

Here's us

The Figueroa

ADD me to the list:

Connie, Shane and kids
    Struthers, Ohio

Thanks...
  18. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    We already have two seperate threads dealing with who is staying where.
  19. Darth_Nevoc Jedi Master

star 1
    Add me to the Fig list. I got a king size bed for $134 a night. What irks me is I got a confirmation email, but there was no number in the e-mail...and they shortchanged me a night. I asked for the 23rd through the 28th, and the e-mail read through the 27th. I e-mailed them back. I hope i'm not on the streets for the last night.

all this anticipation is keeping me up. i should be in bed....
  20. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    How can the Holiday Inn be booked already? They won't even accept reservations sooner than 350 days in advance, and we're at about 355.... I'm confused.
  21. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    They probably have the rooms blocked off for the convention. I will be trying next weekto see if they accept reservations.
  22. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    I emailed Uno and got my confirmation in electronic form at last. :) The Holiday Inn is cheaper and marginally closer, but...I just can't help wanting to stay at such a cool-looking hotel. I feel like splurging on myself. :p I have plenty of time between now and then to save up for it. I'll be sharing my room anyway--I booked for an extra guest and I have no shortage of friends I can offer a spot to.

I'll see how things play out with the HI, but I think I might wind up keeping my room at the Fig.
  23. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    My thoughts exactly~

I might SAVE a bit more at the HI, but the fig has character... and as a fellow small business owner well.... [face_blush]
  24. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    Unless he has a fantastic memory (or can type EXTREMELY FAST) all I gave was my name, and a half a second later (right after I said my last name) he gave me my confirmation number. There was no break or anything, it's as if they have one confirmation number for everyone booking on that date. I don't know, hope he wasn't pulling a trick on me (I doubt it, but still).
  25. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Priceline will have some kick ass deals. For roundtrip airfare from SW Virginia and 5 nights in the Biltomore 4 star hotel downtown, (and I could only get quoted for March since it will be a few months before I can get quotes for May) They quoted me at something in the range of $600-$700 per person for 5 nights and roundtrip airfare, and that includes taxes!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.