Book(s) you pick up again and again

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kaijueiga, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaijueiga Jedi Knight

star 1
    We watch the movies over and over again. Which book or books do you find yourself picking up and reading again and again?
  2. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Star Wars?

Starfighters of Adumar is the only one that I find myself rereading very often, though the Wraith trilogy rates highly as well.

EDIT: I don't watch the movies over-and-over either. I haven't seen ANH or RotJ in nearly a year, ESB in about six months, and TPM in two months.
  3. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Who's this "we"? I don't watch the movies again and again...
  4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I've read every Star Wars book at least 4 times. I've read a few of the better novels (X-wing, Zahn stuff) as many as 10-15 times each.
  5. -Vergere- Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, I'm certainly impressed. Even the NJO?
  6. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    The book I've read most since childhood is Michael Ende's NeverEnding Story. It's still one of my favorites. Also, I've reread most of the huge fantasy sagas many times because each time the next book in one comes out I reread the previous.
  7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Yep, including the NJO. What can I say? I'm a fast reader. It takes me no more than a day to read a book the first time, and it takes no more than about 5 days the second time.

Sometimes, I can read a book I've read before in the span of a day. I recently read all of Solo Command while I was waiting for my laundry to get done.
  8. Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I,Jedi, all of the NJO books, the X-Files books, and the Indiana Jones books. My family still wonders who I can read the same book over and over and still get exited about it.

9. jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, the books I pick up over and over are the EoV books. They're the only NJO books I have. :(
  10. Garik-Face-Loran Jedi Knight

star 1
    i like reading the x-wing series over and over again!! im going to the library today to see if they have any books i havent read :)
  11. dark_jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    zahn books and the second Han Trilogy
  12. RikAntinney Force Ghost

Rogue Squadron, Paradise Snare (whole Han Trilogy really), and the Zahn books.
  13. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    I read most SW books over and over. The exceptions would be the JAT, the BFC, Darksaber, POT, and COTJ. I also read my other favorite books over and over: the Tales of Alvin Maker by Orson Scott Card, the "Anne" series and the "Emily" books by Lucy Maud Montgomery, everything by Louisa May Alcott (yes, even the moralistic, sappy tales like Poppies and Wheat), and, well... Everything else I liked enough to buy...
  14. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Conquest. 5 times. It was swell. :D
  15. MAD6121 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have never re-read a Star Wars book. I tried to read I, Jedi but just couldn't get into it again. I usually don't re-read books. But I have re-read "The Charm School", "Plum Island" and "The Lion's Game". All of them were by Nelson DeMille.
  16. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    The Zahn books come to mind.Not much other than that.Probably because I don't have that many books.
  17. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    I, Jedi is my absolute fave SW book, so I read it more often than the others, but I read my all-time favorite book, Rose in Bloom, even more often.
  18. Nichos_Marr Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd have to say Heir to the Empire, I, Jedi and the DE trilogy (DE, DE II, EE)
  19. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Starfighters of Adumar and Darksaber
  20. GavinsGirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    The X-Wing series, I, Jedi, YJK books, and the Zahn books. I haven't read the NJO books yet and I'm still debating if I want to or not. (Chewie's my favorite character.)
  21. Balance_Point Jedi Master

star 4
    I've read the YJK series at least three or four times, mostly because even though there are books I like better, they're fast reads and I always enjoy them. A few of the other books I've read more than once (not the NJO, although I plan to reread all of them in order after I get SbS, just to go over what's happened thus far), but not many. Non-Star Wars books: Harry Potter. I don't know what it is about them, but I never get tired of them. :)
  22. Galleon Jedi Knight

star 2
    All of the X-wing serie and the Tales from the Empire , Its weird though I really want to reread some other Star Wars books but after the first fifty pages I just stop
  23. Jedi-Rascal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The two books I read most frequently are The Godfather and Stephen King's The Stand. I read some of the bantam books twice, but apart from those my Star Wars books have only been read once. Perhaps before the NJO finishes I'll read EVERYTHING from start to finish. Or maybe not.
  24. Corellian_Rogue Jedi Knight

star 3
    Would have to be the entire X-wing series! especially Starfighters of Adumar cauz the original four are back together(the Fanastic Four???!!!!), Rogue Squadron, Wraith Squadron trilogy cauz I luv the Wraiths and well...I guess the entire series. :) I, Jedi is a good book in that it is written from Corran's point of view and is good for a change.
  25. Kier_Nimmion Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Hmmm...I've read Splinter at least 3 times, the first Solo trilogy at least 3 times, I, Jedi twice. However, I plan to read ALL five Zahn books again just to see if I still dislike them or if I do like them after all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.