main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Book(s) you pick up again and again

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kaijueiga, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Any and all of JA and Vector Prime. I especially love the duel between Anakin & Jacen and when Jacen saves Danni.

2. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Thrawn Trilogy
    Any X-wing novel

3. Dark_Jedi_Skywalker

Dark_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2001
    Probably the Zahn trilogy, and I, Jedi. In fact I'm about to read I, Jedi again, just to tide me over until Star by Star comes out.

4. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Hard Merchandise. I pick it up over and over, only to put it back down wondering whatever possessed me to try again.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Basically, everyone I own. And I own all the Bantam novels, all the NJO so far released with the exception of SbS (still can't get over the fact that so many got it early who weren't folks who won it in the contest), The novelizations to all four movies, SotME, the OT in one book, the Han Solo Adventures, the Lando Calrissian Adventures, DM:SH, RP, YJK Lightsabers and Darkest Knight, the second edition to the WEG RPG, the DE sourcebook, all the Essential Guides with the exception of the new character guide (is that even out yet or still coming out?) the second edition A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, the DM Journal,the Tales From/of books, the Annotated Screenplays to the OT, and the X-wing Strategy Guide.

Mostly I pick up the Essential Guides again and again. But since I post excerts from certain books at times, I tend to pick all of them up again and again in order to get my excerts.

Of course that's most likely not what you meant. It would probably take me a year or two to reread my entire collection since it usually takes me about a week per book.

6. Duran_Filewn

Duran_Filewn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2001

I have reread the thrawn trilogy, and the NJO up to B.P. I have read I, Jedi several times. I am rereading TPM again right now. My alltime favorite book that I have read probably twice a year for the past twelve years is The Hobbit, I never get tired of it.

7. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    If I like a book, I'll read it till my eyes bleed if it so suits me! I read so much, I get in trouble in class for it! I have to hide my true trivia knowledge of Star Wars from people. I act like I don't know as much, because they just don't understand.

8. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    I re-read the books over and over again. Especially while waiting for a new one to come out. I?ll re-read ?Rebirth? this weekend. Last night, I had a stressful evening so I read ?Wraith Squadron? before going to sleep because it?s funny. I own all but Paradise Snare and Splinter in a Mind's Eye so I can pick up any book when the mood strikes me.

9. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    What is the X-wing Strategy guide like? Is that where the cartoon pics on Rebelpilots.com from? You know the ones with the orange background and have two characters and their helmets on it? Does anyone know what I'm talkin' about???? :)

10. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Doesn't anyone here read anything other that Star Wars?...

The books i read over and over again are ones like:

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
    The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
    Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
    The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury
    Farenheit 451 also by Ray Bradbury
    1984 by George Orwell

The last two are worth re-reading especialy now in this era of restricted freedoms in excange for a fasade of security in a rapidly developing police state...FYI: The only branch of the three in the US left operational in this anthrax scare is the overly religious executive branch...now only shrub has any sembalance of control......anyway......

11. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
    The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch by Philip K. Dick

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Heir to the Empire, by Zahn. :) I've read it about five times in the past two years. It's my favorite!!!

13. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I reread every single one of the books in my shelf at least a dozen times. SW books, LOTR, and all my other faves i have read many, many times more than that. i love to read, so i read a lot...but the sw book i read the most would have to be probably DFR. Or TLC. Or HttE. Or SotP. Or VotF...basically...Zahn.

14. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    I've read Lord of the Rings several times, and Bob Salvatore's Icewind Dale and Dark Elf trilogies a few times each.

15. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Uhh... Ender's Shadow... anything in the Bean Quintet is very rereadable.

16. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Star Wars books:

Thrawn Trilogy
    Shadows of the Empire
    I, Jedi

Other books:

The Rainmaker (John Grisham)
    Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
    The Enchanted Forest Chronicles (Patrcia C. Wrede)
    Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
    Summon the Keeper (Tanya Huff)
    The Forever King (Molly Cochran and some other guy)
    Enchantment (Orson Scott Card)
    Beauty (Robin McKinley)
    Briar Rose (Jane Yolen)
    The Knight of the Word trilogy (Terry Brooks)
    Counte of Monet Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
    Les Miserables (Victor Hugo)
    Harry Potter books (J.K. Rowling)

That is all I can think of, though I am sure there is more...
    (I have no social life)

17. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Vector Prime and ALL the Jedi Apprentice books. I love the Jedi Apprentice books :D .

18. Master_Halcyon

Master_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    one time i reread I, jedi because i thought it would be quick and not really really thinking i did the same thing about 3 weeks later so i ended up reading the book twice in a month

19. Rhaegar

Rhaegar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2001
    Although I do enjoy the Star Wars books, I find they are not quite worthy of multiple re-reads. Books that ARE worthy of constant re-reads are Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and... well, that's all I can come up with right now.

20. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I love George R R Martin's books. That is so cool!

21. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Hm...of Star Wars, I've reread TTT, and Starfighters of Adumar. I think I reread SotP and VotF, too.

Other books...most of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern books (except for Renegades of Pern, Dolphins of Pern, All the Weyrs of Pern, and Skies of Pern, which I only have reread when I had to for a trivia contest.) Also her "PartnerShip," "The Ship Who Searched," "The City Who Fought," and "The Ship Who Won." David Eddings's Belgariad, Mallorean, Elenium and Tamuli. All Margurite Henry's horse books, almost all Walter Farley's Black Stallion books.

22. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Novels I revisit often are Dune series, Hyperion series, Salem's Lot, Babylon 5 novels, and Vacuum Diagrams. Great books every damn one of them. Why...because I said so right here and now...wolf...wolf.

er...sorry...move along nothing to see here...now...move along...move along.

23. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Here are all the novels I have read more than 3 times:

I, Jedi
    X-Wing Series
    Darksaber
    Corellian Trilogy
    Tales of the New Republic
    Tales of the Empire
    Thrawn Trilogy
    Hand of Thrawn Duology
    All Quiet on the Western Front
    Red Badge of Courage
    Rainbow Six
    Bear and the Dragon

There's probably a lot more, but those are my favorites.

24. Rogue_Ender

Rogue_Ender Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2001
    I read the rogue squadron series about 6 times each and all the other books about 4 times each

25. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I read a book once, remember every little detail, and then go back to read my favorite parts. There are a few exceptions though...

Two summers ago, I went to Turkey for my summer break (really pretty place) but I hadn't packed any books! I was wandering a mall with my aunt, uncle, and two-year-old witch cousin (she threw my CD player out the window of the 3rd floor because she didn't like the song it was playing!) and we were passing a bookstore. I looked over and saw a big sign that said HARRY POTTER and I was like "OOOOH." I grabbed a british copy of the second and third books (even though I had them at home), bought them, and read them 3 times over that summer (only tree weeks were left at that point). I swear, although I can't stand british punctuation, I loved every damn english word in that book. It makes you appreciate the fact that you live in a place where you are familiar with the language ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.