1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive [Book] 'You Can Draw: Star Wars' - Coming Winter 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by LAJ_FETT, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I have to agree with LAJ's assessment of the book. I got it today as a gift and I have to say, I'm quite impressed. This is no mere kid's book like I first envisioned it. This thing actually goes in-depth with basic human anatomy(muscle and skeletal structure, hands, portraits and action poses) and even delves into perspective, folds in clothes and lighting objects. It reads like a regular artbook and I'm really surprised at what I saw. It's definitely worth picking up - not to mention the art inside is to die for. ;)
  2. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    I do believe I will have to look into buying this...
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    HS29 - since you have the book can you check something for me? I have a UK edititon which I am pretty sure is just a reprint of the US edition. In the Creating a Comic section the sample script on page 90 mentions Jango Fett, and the sample comic panels on pages 91-93 picture him. Yet the text on pages 92-93 mentions Boba Fett. I am just curious if your edition has the same error as it is quite a glaring one!
  4. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    i finally picked up mine. I have to say that I was just a little disappointed, I mean I was hoping that it would be bigger. But all in all it is a great book.
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    LAJ, I'll check the book when I get out of class. I don't have it with me at the moment.

As for being disappointed, I can see where some things can be expanded upon, but I guess they needed to make this user friendly for the kids and stuff. I'm still impressed with the information they did include, so I'm not going to complain about it. :p

EDIT: Yes, the error is in the US version as well. :oops:
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Thanks..whoever did the proofreading on that chapter was sleeping on the job!
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.