main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Booking Rooms for CIII!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jedi_master_sal, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    As some of you know, I'm organizing rooms for CIII for my group (Pittsburgh FF). I've invited you folks as well as the Clarksburg, WV FF, to join us in booking rooms so that we may receive a group rate.

We meet the criteria with 12 rooms between our 3 cities and there is good news regarding these rates.

I will need to hold a brief meeting (5-10 minutes) with those going to CIII and booking with our group, at the Pittsburgh Comicon. Details will not be given on the boards. (You'll find out why at Comicon)

Those not attending comicon, please ask Krash for this info when he returns from Comicon.

I will ask that when this information is given, for it NOT to be posted on either the message boards or your website. (Again, you will know once I meet with you)

Thanks for your patience,
    -Sal

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    please ask Krash for this info when he returns from Comicon.
    Most of us, who've signed on for this will be at ComiCon. So we'll go over the details with Sal then...this is why my posts on the website board have been intentionally vague. I trust Sal (and the guys in "da Burgh") so the stuff I quoted (I don't know specifics yet either) was more for the benefit of those who have not met them yet...they cool!

3. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Small change in plans.

The discussion regarding booking rooms for CIII will be held at our dinner after Comicon. I only need 5-10 minutes so it shouldn't be to much of an interuption on the rest of the festivities.

If noone from Cleveland is going to our dinner, I will PM Krash the full details regarding booking.

The dinner should cost around $10-15 each. I just put in a call to the person organizing the dinner and am awaiting her call back for further information.

Thanks,
    Sal

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If this is the same dinner that Greencat is putting together (and is the SWAP party after ComiCon)...we should be there. If we're not listed, let me know!

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yes the party is after the dinner which is after comicon.

However, Terry didn't get a room, so I've asked WV's FF if we can have it in their room. Any of you folks book a room at the Radisson for the con? If so, do you mind if we have the party at your room if WV's room doesn't pan out?

Sorry, this was a last minute thing.
    -Sal

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We had a good talk with Sal, about the Celebration III hotel room situation! Jedi Council members...I posted a report on our website forum, once I get the ok from Sal...I'll post it for everyone to read (some details to go over)

And at Sal's request, I'll post a link to the SWAP board, so he can get everyone organized in one place!

BMack, he knows you're signing up for a room!

7. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    i'm slick... schweet

-b-

8. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Out of curiosity, where are you all staying.

9. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    We don't know yet. One of the hotels adjoining the convo center. Sal will be negotiating with the booking company that is handling all of the hotels.

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Bumpity bump bump!

I'm getting alot of responses from other Fanforces wanting to join in. So far I have numbers from 15 FF's with 6 more possible FF's. Some as far away as Sweden and Germany!

Whoo-hoo.

I'll be submitting my request/proposal to GenCon around the first week of July. I will pass the outcome along to my CR who will then in turn post this on the CR boards for "mass distribution".

Krash or DonC can repost the info.
    (Basically I don't want to repost this info in all of those FF's-cramped fingers and all. ha ha)

-Sal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.