main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

books regarding the active part of The Clone Wars? Books about Bobba Fetts training??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sedious, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    hey dudes

i am looking for books that takes place in between Episode 2 & 3 films when The Clone Wars is still active! can you dudes give me some names of any books??

i'm allso looking for books regarding Bobba Fetts training period as child/kid!! can you dudes give me some names of any books??

thank you

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    There are a lot of Clone Wars novels, and Comics.

Already out is Shatterpoint, which is a really good read. Escape from Dagu, The Medistar Duo, Cestus Deception and Jedi Trial are also Clone Wars Novels.
    For Boba Fett, there's a scholastic Boba Fett series, which takes place right after AOTC.
    There are also many short stories in the Clone Wars, Pengalan Tradeoff, The Cartao Trilogy, Elusion Illusion... Good Reads...

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The first Clone Wars adult novel was Shatterpoint. There are others forthcoming, but that's the only one published so far.

A series of young readers books focuses on Boba Fett. The first 4 are out (Fight to Survive Crossfire, Maze of Deception and Hunted) and 2 others are forthcoming next year.

There is also a young adult book called Legacy of the Jedi, and 1/4th of the book is set during the Clone Wars, the rest revolves around events in the past with a young Dooku, young Qui-Gon and young Obi-wan.

Additionally there are several short stories and video games but by far the most abundant amount of battles from the Clone Wars can be found in the Republic and Jedi comic series'.

Those comics are being collected into TPB collections, the first is called The Defense of Kaimino, and the second one, called Victories and Sacrifices, will be out in late November.

The first 11 comics of the Clone Wars can be found as individual issues as well.

::hurries up on finishing up coding and writing a new thread to help answer questions likle these in the future::

4. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    A series of young readers books focuses on Boba Fett.

sorry dude.. i should make myself more clear next time, i ment books regarding Bobba Fetts training period as a bountyhunter ( when he was a child). not young readers books!!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sedious - although the Boba Fett books are aimed at young adults, they are actually a very good read. (And I am well beyond young adult status!) The first one starts during the period of AOTC and ends up after Jango's death, so you see the events on Geonosis from Boba's point of view. Along the way through the first 3 books (I have not yet read Hunted) he encounters Dooku, Aurra Sing, Jedi, and at the end of the third he is on his way to Jabba. Even tho they are put out by Scholastic they are not 'kiddy' books.

6. ProA

ProA Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2003
    Ugh. The last time we had Boba Fett books they were terrible. Fett is my favorite character, but he does not get justice in the books.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "dude.. i should make myself more clear next time, i ment books regarding Bobba Fetts training period as a bountyhunter ( when he was a child). not young readers books!!"

Young Boba is getting his training as a bounty hunter during those books, with Aurra Sing as a mentor, IIRC. In the recent one he was sent after a bounty by Jabba, or so I've heard.

If you don't read those books you will simply be missing out on the topic that you are interested in, and asking for. There is nothing else...

"Ugh. The last time we had Boba Fett books they were terrible. Fett is my favorite character, but he does not get justice in the books."

Last time there were boba fett books? I take it you don't like the young Boba Fett novel series?

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think ProA might be referring to the 'Bounty Hunter Wars' trilogy. I happen to like those books a lot and have reread them many times. But I do think Fett comes across a bit better in the comics.
    I have not yet read 'Hunted' (the latest Fett book) as I am waiting for it to come from Amazon UK. The first three were good, though.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Aurra doesn't mentor Boba, she more or less takes him hostage in exchange for giving him back Slave 1.

Anyways, Boba begins his bounty hunting career with Jabba in Boba Fett #4: Hunted. He encounters Durge along the way.

So, in other words, these are likely to be the only books covering Boba's early training for bounty hunting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.