main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Jedi_Junkie, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    WooHoo! I finished Episode II!! And I'm almost done with Rogue Planet! I think this is the re-beginning of a beautiful pattern... *sniffles* I can finish a book now..

2. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    You go girl!

3. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    ^_^ -- I finished Rogue Planet the other day, that was an..... Interesting book.. *blink*... I've re-re-started ANH, ya think I'll actually finish it this time?

4. ohiojedi

ohiojedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    i am very slow with reading books. i am little faster at reading star wars novels. I am currently reading jedi quest 4, these books go into depth of anakin and his path that slowly slips to the darkside. very interesting.
    i think we all can relate to anakin in these books as well as obi-wan...being the father figure and all. i will continue reading the jedi quest series and then start on the approaching storm...then onto the books between ep.2 and 3...cant wait...when they release of course...:)

5. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Righto, so I finished A New Hope. I felt it was alright, I was a little disappointed at how much it agreed with the movie. The beginning was pretty much the only thing different from the film.

Now I'm embarking on that Darth Maul book, Shadow Hunter. Has anyone read that? It's a bit strange..My friend at school read it and all he could do was rave about it, but then again he's a bit obsessive. o_O

6. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    So what will be our next book to embark on as a group? Ideas? :)

7. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Well, like I said in my post, I'm reading Shadow Hunter right now, so maybe we could do that? Or perhaps, we could go along with the pattern we started and continue on to Empire Strikes Back?

8. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Har har har... I ran across a copy of Approaching Storm at Half-Price books, I was so happy. I still have no clue what the book is about, but all I really care is it has Luminara Unduli on the cover.

9. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Great book, it came out just before Ep2. Mace mentions this adventure at the beginning of Ep2.,(the border dispute at Ansion.). SInce it was out before Ep2. I had to form my own images of Barris and Shu Mai.

10. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I actually finished Approaching Storm about a month ago, but was too occupied to post. I thought it was a little too.... Sketchy? I'm not sure quite what I'm trying to say, the story seemed a little too tossed together. I really couldn't seem to find a reason to care whether Ansion was in or out of the Republic (I know there was that whole bit of the planets dropping out along with Ansion, but still..). I didn't really like Barriss's character, she came off as a b**** to me. The Jedis' whole time on Ansion was spent chasing after the Borokii, and when they finally do find them the author spends about ten minutes on them before taking the Jedi back to Cuipernam. Overall I didn't think it was that great, but I'm not sure what I was really expecting.

11. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I was thinking, since so many of us (*cough*) plan on going to the Zahn event, where we will most likely buy the Zahn book, why don't we set that as our latest group book since we don't exactly have one right now?

12. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Excellent idea Sarah! We can all start reading Survivor's Quest and at the next meeting(assuming we all finish it by then) we will have a discussion about it. :)

13. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Has anyone gotten into Survivor's Quest yet? I bought my copy, but since it's signed I decided not to get it all grimy and dirty with stuff. I'm waiting on the library to get it, so I can read it then. If you've finished reading Survivor's Quest, what did you think of it(no spoilers!)? Right now I'm trying to read Vector Prime, but I'm not getting very far since there isn't much time to read and I'm not totally absorbed by it.

14. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I found an autographed copy for sale and started about a week ago. Well, so far Im not impressed. Pretty boring stuff, alot of dull dialogue, hopefully it will pick up since Im only about a quarter way through it.

15. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Reading Medstar II: Jedi Healer...good book, especially if you're a fan of the show M*A*S*H (alot of references to the show)

16. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I read the first book, and was so sad about the ending. :( Is the 2nd better? And how many are there going to be, do you know?

17. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    So I've finally gotten around to reading the Black Fleet trilogoy, the one with the Yevetha. I can't believe how addicted to them I've become! I've stayed up till 4 am twice in a row to read.. Excellant writing. The writer actually manages to get me angry at the characters in the books for being so bureaucratic..

18. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I just finished reading Dark Rendezvous. I thought this was an excellent book. The book is centered around Yoda so the book is full of constant wisdom being thrown at you which I loved. There are some dark and sad moments to go along with some funny and surprising moments as well. There are alot of flashbacks to when Dooku was being trained by Yoda and the relationship they once had and it all leads up to their final confrontation. You are introduced to some pretty good supporting characters and there's plenty of Asajj Ventress as well. Definetely worth buying this one(especially since it's a paperback). I give it a 8 1/2 out of 10. Now I will begin reading the newly released Labyrinth of Evil. This is the book that is supposed to end where ROTS will begin. :)

19. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm working on reading "The Once and Future King". I just started reading it last night.

20. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Some old school reading, You go girl! :)

21. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I just finished reading Labyrinth of Evil. This book kicked some serious butt! The book truly ends at the exact moment ROTS begins. Alot of things were explained and answers reveiled that were questions in everybody's mind at the end of AOTC. The whole mystery surrounding Master Syfo-Dyas ordering the clones is answered in this book as well as secrets about Palpatine and Grievous and much much more. I feel that everybody needs to read this book before they see ROTS. Even if you aren't normally a SW Novel reader, This is a must read for all fans! I give this book a perfect 10 out of 10. =D=

22. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I'll add it to my list of books. :D

23. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Remember a long time ago we were gonna have a book club kinda...Where we all read the same book and would then discuss at the next meeting? Well I was thinking of re-reading all of the NJO books in chronological order...Anybody wanna join me?

24. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I've never read any of the NJO series. . . I tried to read the first one (I think?) a few times, but could never get very far without being annoyed by Leia. >_O

25. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Well I have begun re-reading the NJO. I am now starting to read Vector Prime, Come on people...You know you wanna join me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.