main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Books?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Tandeer, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Yes, I plan on being at the meeting at Jim's. *S* I didn't know you where there too when we all watched TPM together! *L* We could have talked then!!!!!

Yeah, it will surprize you when you find out who it is. *S* I LOVE having someone to talk books with. Seems that not many people read them. I love them. Expands your knowledge and the realm of posiblities! *S*

See you on the 20th!!!! *S*

2. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I'm right in the middle of AOTC. Anakin is at Padme's parents house. I can see some traits that Leia has inherited from her mom as far as the sense of duty and desire to make the galaxy a better place.
    I have seen a bit of evidence to suggest that Luke and Leia got Jedi skills from more than one of there parents. on page 56 yoda says "with you, the Force is stong, young Senator." Is that just saying that she has alot of spirit or that she has a little jedi potential inside her? Also, on 122 and 123 her and Anakin are talking and he jokes "Oh, so you have Jedi powers too?" and she pauses before she finds a suitable reply "It makes me feel uncomfortable." When I read it I felt like she was thinking (I do have some powers but you aren't supposed to know so I'll avoid the issue by telling you I'm uncomfortable) I was thinking that maybe that is why she is such a good senator becuse she (whether conciously or not) uses some form of Jedi persuading in her arguments.
    Anyway. In the movie was Zam Wessell the female bounty hunter really a Clawdite changling or was that just Salvatore adding more details to an already overdetailed book? Oh well I can't wait to get back to reading. You can email me at green_chikita@juno.com

Sara

3. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Yes, you can see where Leia gets her sense of duty, and in his own way Luke has it as well, but it's more so in Leia I think because of the household she was raised in. *S*

Interesting question you ask youngling. *L* I think that every person, in some amount or other, has midichlorians and therefore the ability to touch or be touched by the Force. How well they use it could depend on allot of things. Where and how they grew up, the belief in the Force as a whole. Much like we know some people who just seem to more "in tune" with their own bodies and the space/energy around them...Same concept. Like Han, I think he has allot of Force Sensitivity, but much like Anakin as a little boy, doesn't know how to use it. Here's a scary thought... Can you imagine what Anakin would have been like, had he NOT been found and trained to the Light? Given some measure of control. I don't remember if it was you or Monet that was talking about how Ani was the the living embodiment of the Force and thus had no free will. I found that to be VERY interesting and a concept worth exploring. *S*Anyway, back to Mom... *L* I think that she must have some inate sense of the Force and may or may not be aware of using it, like you said. Nothing to help her "control" someone else's mind, but something that gives her clues on how to best deal with people, clues that others can't see or sense. You know what I mean? *S*

Yes, Zem in the movie really is a Changling. Don't you remember seeing the flash of her real face through the speeder window when she turned her head once and then when she's shot, it changes back to her real face?

*LOL at her opinion of the book* See, I told you! It's awful, isn't it! *L*

Thanks for the email addy. Send me a note off list and tell me what you want written in your book when I take it to DCon. *S*

Debby

4. Ripster

Dec 13, 2001
    Hmmm... given me stuff to think about.

I don't remember seeing the bounty hunter change. A perfect excuse to go see it again. the only problems is most theaters around me have quit playing it.

On the whole I didn't like AOTC the book. Especially since during the Jedi/droid fight in the arena didn't mention the other jedi like one of my favorites Luminari Unduli. Oh well. Hope to be getting Rebel dream and Rebel Stand soon.
    ~Sara

5. Ripster

Dec 13, 2001
    I just got Rebel dream and rebel stand. Well, gotta go read!
    ~Sara

If you are at the aug 3 meeting I can give you AOTC back. Thank you so much for its loan.

~sara

6. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Yes, I'll be at the Aug. 3rd meeting and you will probably be done with both Dream and Stand by then! I can't wait to talk to you about them and get your reaction to the possible death of the person I was talking about. *S*

7. Ripster

Dec 13, 2001
    can you email me where I can get AOTC back to you. green_chikita@juno.com Missed you at the meeting. Nobdy else wanted to talk books. Just action figures and where to get them. I leave sat. the 10th and I'll be back the 19th for a 1/2 a day before I leave for college.

~Sara

8. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    :) That's because AOTC novel is terrible!!!!!! Sara, good luck in college and I hope you are able to find a Star Wars club up there. Thankfully you can still keep in touch with Austin here on the board.

Take care,
    -Anne

9. Ripster

Dec 13, 2001
    I went to Barnes and noble and I saw Traitor. I started reading it. it was about jacen. I'm not sure if I like the authors style yet. I'll have to see if it grows on me. Up until now I always pictured Veregere or how ever you speel that as a crab like little animal. Now I'm not so sure.

Sara

10. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    I LOVE this guys style!!! I'm almost done with Traitor! I knew that Jacen was alive. *S* I told you that at Jim's. I've always thought that Vergee was a bird like creature, but I have a vision of her like a koosh ball with legs. *L* I thought Non Anor was dead though!!! Or maybe that was just my wishful thinking. *L*

Anyway, I sent DelRey an email and told them that any SW book they want Salvatore for, they need to give it to this guy instead! *L* He's just awesome!!! *L*

What did you think of Aaron teasing us with that certain pilots death in Dream and Stand? If I'd have gone to DCon, I'd of given him a spanking for teasing us like that!!! *L*

I'll ltet you know about your book as soon as my friends get back from Atlanta. *S*

Debby

11. Ripster

Dec 13, 2001
    your discription of Vergere was pretty much the way I thought it was.
    I knew Nom Anor was still alive. I was not happy. That is one guy who needs to die..
    I've been pretty busy with my college orintation....

Tak to you later

Sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.