main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boom Blox

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by mojodaddy, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojodaddy

mojodaddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    The Steven Spielberg game that made most folks go, "Really?" I expected something glamorous and intricate from Mr. Spielberg, not this. However, it is designed to be a family game, which is important to me, so I checked it out. I played the the first level and said, "this is dumb." It has less than Gamecube-quality graphics, annoying music and uninteresting characters. Then I played the second level and declared it equally dumb. I played and played for about three hours, all the while declaring how dumb I found it. It wasn't until I was ready to go to bed that I realized that I had been unable to stop playing a supposedly "dumb" game. I didn't know until it was over that I like this game. I'm going straight home from work to play my dumb game. How about the rest of you?

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I enjoy puzzles, so it's been interesting to try out.

Gets infuriating at times, but not to the point of throwing the wiimote out the window.

...yet.

3. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    This is kind of off subject, i know, and pelase dont reprimand me for saying it, but what unseen force persuades people to abuse their controllers? i get amazing hacked off at some games of mine, but manage not to try to give the wall a bruise with my Xbox Controller. I was in a chat with a good friend, and she said her dogs were going crazy, so i was like ok...so anyway, she came back and told me what it was, a box had arrived with new screws and tools for the controller, as it was going a bit dodgy and i was like "I play on this more than you and i dont manage to break mine howd you do it?" and she replied "I dont like the wall" i gotm this, and asked why she chucke dit at the wall "One word - Halo" "Ah" so...i still dont get that makes people lob controllers @ the wall then complain 2 the company for their remotes breaking things.

4. mojodaddy

Aug 5, 2002
    Those people must have greater than average disposable income. They must also lead comparatively care-free lives if the thing that makes them that angry is a game. There are some games I love, but when it comes down to it, they are just stupid games and could never have the power to force me to destroy my own hard-earned property.

5. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    Heh, fair enuf, i was a bit scared too. I just hope i dont get in the crossfire one time.

6. mojodaddy

Aug 5, 2002
    I think my word choices may be unfairly critical of people I haven't even met. What I said above is my suggestion as a possibility. I'd like to subtract a bit of the harshness of tone that was not intended, and apologize if there are any hard feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.