main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Boom-Lay, Boom-Lay, Boom: The Expendables

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Sep 13, 2011.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, then it did it's job. ;)

EX2 had a similar teaser trailer that was basically just a logo and names (with one filmed scene, granted).

A new trailer is expected sometime soon- though I'm disappointed that I never saw this teaser trailer in theaters with any movies. Audience reaction is always fun when they get blasted with the "well everyone is in this movie" awesomeness.

2. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New teaser trailer is online:

And they've apparently also added the font from the Fast & Furious to the cast as well...

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002

Looks sleeker than I expected.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Full trailer online:

Gotta love how they apparently introduce Wesley Snipes's character by breaking him out of jail. [face_laugh]

At least now the use of Stroke makes more sense- I had forgotten about the Eminem remix. Glad they at least opened with the Bridge remix from the first teaser.

Also, Seagal confirms he won't do an Expendables movie due to personal issues with some of those involved.

EDIT- The trailer has been taken down by Lionsgate, it seems.

Juke Skywalker and Six like this.
  5. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Imdb exclusive

6. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Seeing the Expendables 2 in the theatre was one of the most fun times I've had in the theatres. 3rd one looks just as good.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I hope the plan is to unceremoniously dispatch a young heartthrob early on in the movie each time now, like a Scream type of thing...

8. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I'm still annoyed this is going the pg13 route. Sure you can have great action in a pg13 flick...but these films were supposed to be a a homage to the 80s action flicks. All of which were R rated. ****ing Jersey Boys is rated R!

CT-867-5309 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that's disappointing- and you'd think with a PG-13 rating that they could have at least gotten Norris back. But without him, I don't see why this is PG-13 for any reason other than a cash grab.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    PG-13? Boooo [face_phbbbbt] !

Any bets on who gets to drop the one inevitable F-bomb? My guess is Ahnold.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Stallone says it's time to let the next generation enjoy what they love. That's why he is going PG13.
    **** YOU!
    More than half your audience was underage in the 80s ****hole!

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hulk Hogan confirmed that he'll appear in The Expendables 4

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Dr. Frasier Crane is an Expendable? Well, I'm in.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I thought this was it for The Expendables, and the focus was going to shift to the female oriented Expendagals or whatever they're calling it.

Anyway, I wish the Hulkster would focus his efforts on that Mr. Nanny sequel we've all been waiting for.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    They're proceeding with both at the same time, it seems.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Suburban Commando 2 or bust.

They seem to be marketing EX3 as the last, though there's the Expendabelles spin-off and a lot of talk about an EX4.

My take is this us probably the last one for Stallone and that they'll shift to a different main cast if they continue the core series.

EDTI- New cast banner:

[​IMG]

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Stallone seems to be the glue that holds these things together in terms of recruiting these various "names" for less than they could make elsewhere. I believe even the guys like Van Damme and Lundgren, who've been banished to the realm of direct-to-video, took/take pay cuts for these films because Sly sold them on the idea that it could be a boost for their careers, not to mention a lot of fun. Even if he stays on as a producer, I'd have to think they would have a harder time getting these types of actors to participate.

Speaking of casting, if Expendabelles doesn't cast Cynthia Rothrock, they can count me out [face_not_talking] .

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I can certainly see him staying on as a producer, but I can't see the series going for too long with him in the lead- I get the impression that he fully enjoys these films but wants to do other projects still.

Don't get me wrong- I'd love to be wrong and have Stallone in all EX films made from here to their grave.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, as much as he probably enjoys them-and the fact that it's a safe "go to" to gain or re-gain career momentum-I'm sure he can hear the clock ticking at this point and wants to check a few passion projects off of his list. That said, I do believe Stallone can pull an Eastwood and work well into his 70s, not only because I think he's smart enough to use his age to his advantage dramatically (see Rocky Balboa), but he can write and direct his own stuff.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I really want to see him do another "smaller" film like Rocky Balboa.

21. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I want to see him do that Rambo sequel where he goes to canada and fights supernatural werewolves.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Me too. Going back to the Eastwood comparison, I'd love to see Sly get his Gran Torino.

Yeah, that was... odd. After taking both Rocky and Rambo back to their more grounded roots, he flirted with the idea of taking things into a slightly sci-fi/supernatural direction :confused:. That would've been like making Rocky VII and having Rocky fight a robot or a demon.

Stallone seems to bounce back and forth on doing another Rambo. I wasn't a huge fan of Rambo, but the final shot of the film wraps things up rather nicely I think.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I enjoyed how Rambo steered the feel of the film back closer to the original while still amping up the carnage expected from the sequels- and that last shot did tie it up nicely.

At this point I'm not sure I'd want another Rambo movie- at least not a traditional one. I'd rather see one dealing with the human side of that last scene, no more war for him. But then I somehow doubt they'd ever make a movie with Rambo in it like that.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I think he bookended the series well. Nice wrap up.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Clearly, I jinxed it :p: Stallone to return for Rambo V.

Looks like it's no longer with the werewolves and back to reality with him vs Mexican drug cartels.