main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Boomerang Effect (Obi,Qui,Siri. Holiday Fic-Gift for Valairy_Scot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The1stJediPrincess, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Fic-gift for Valairy_Scot

Valairy_Scot's Request:

Story in Before OR Saga
    1. A miscalculated Force move, or failure of some kind (a Force push not working, etc.)
    2. Someone wiping a tear from another's eye (happy or sad tear, either one) or an arm around a shoulder, a hug, some type of moment like that
    3. A feel-good ending

I do not want: depressing or tragic.

Characters: Obi-Wan and any one at least of Qui-Gon, Siri, or young Anakin

This is my Fic-Gift to Valairy_Scot. I do hope you like it. It?s not depressing or tragic, however, there is some teenage angst. O:)

Title: Boomerang Effect
    Author: The1stJediPrincess
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Siri. Plus my OC, Healer My'al
    Genre: Some angst and Mush

Fourteen year old Obi-Wan Kenobi was in one of the temple?s many training rooms observing a Knight practicing the Force power, Shatterpoint. The young padawan watched in admiration as the practice droid shattered into fragments on the floor.

He was curious how hard it would be to perform this particular ability and decided he wanted to find out. Obi-Wan made his way to the Archives, where he could study the method. Bored with his current katas, he was looking forward to the challenge of something new. Immersed in his reading he learned that one could use the Force to perceive fault lines and manipulate them.

Shatterpoint was a highly advanced skill and not typically something for a second year Padawan. Still, Obi-Wan was confident he could succeed; after all, didn?t he withstand a memory wipe the year before? Creating Force shields around your mind was something only a Jedi Master should have been able to achieve. Or at least that is what he overheard when the Masters were discussing his success in resisting the renewal. He could do this, or so he thought.

The next morning, Obi-Wan woke before his master and left their apartment, taking care to shield the training bond. He would practice Shatterpoint a few times, and then he would surprise Qui-Gon. The past year had been filled with ups and downs and Obi-Wan still harbored some guilt from when he briefly left the Order to help the Young on Melida/Daan. He wanted to prove to Qui-Gon once and for all, that he was worthy to be his apprentice.

Obi-Wan crept into a training room and activated the lights. He pulled out a practice battle droid and set it up in the middle of the room. Standing in front of the droid, he held out his right arm and took a deep breath.

?What are you doing, Obi-Wan?? Obi-Wan jumped and turned to the voice. It was Siri Tachi.

?Siri, what are you doing here?? He asked, a little annoyed she had interrupted him.

?I always come here early in the morning to practice lightsaber katas and techniques with remotes,? she replied, her eyes going from the droid to Obi-Wan. ?But I asked you first, what are you doing??

?I?m going to do Shatterpoint,? Obi-Wan told her in a factual tone.

Siri gazed at him as though he had lost his mind, ?You are kidding me, right? You can?t be serious. This is not a good idea.?

?I?m serious and I?m not kidding,? Obi-Wan said exasperated.

?Obi-Wan, Shatterpoint is pretty complex stuff,? Siri told him, suddenly concerned. ?Does your master know you are going to try this??

?Try, there is no try,? Obi-Wan replied. ?I?m going to DO this. You are welcome to stay, but please let me concentrate.?

Irritated by her fellow padawan, she had a very bad feeling about this. Siri was also bothered by the fact that she was worried about Obi-Wan Kenobi. Folding her arms, the girl sat down and watched Obi-Wan re-center himself.

Obi-Wan reached out and Siri felt the Force swell around him. Abruptly, she heard a sickening crack. The droid was intact, but Obi-Wan was on the training mat, writhing in pain and holding his right arm.

?Obi-Wan!? Siri exclaimed as she ran to him. ?Are you alright?? One look at his arm, and she knew he was not. His arm was bent in odd angles in at least three spots. ?Come on, I

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A warm, affectionate piece showcasing the bather/son type relationship between Qui and Obi :) :)

Loved Siri's little musings ;)

=D=

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I really liked how Qui-Gon didn't get upset with Obi-wan trying to hard to impress his Master. Very good depiction of them when they were younger.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    AW...thanks! [:D]

Poor Obi-Wan, wanting to make his master proud and so dtermined (and foolish) to attempt something so advanced. Poor Qui-Gon, "stuck" with an over-achieving padawan whom he wants to encourage to stretch his wings - but not to the point of breaking his arm. In three whole places! :eek:

Love that Qui-Gon's first attempt was both a 4-fracture and he felt comfortable admitting it to Obi-Wan.

And Siri - yup, in character, a bit snippy yet a bit sweet underneath.

Thank you very much!

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon lowered his voice, ?The first time I tried it, the boomerang effect fractured my arm in four places.?

Obi-Wan considered his Master and came to the understanding that Qui-Gon was being honest. He broke into a relieved grin, ?At least mine only broke in three places.?

[face_laugh]

Fun response. Love the father/son dynamic between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

6. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Very nice story..I enjoyed Siri being there and Qui-Gon's gentle correction and understanding for Obi-Wan.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a lovely piece showing the great friendship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

And with Siri of course[:D]

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Very nice and it is great that they both tried to do shatterpoint and both had the same end result.=D=

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    hehe very nice
    great to see Qui admitting to manage breaking his own arm while attempting Shatterpoint ;)
    =D=

10. Siri-the-Vixen

Siri-the-Vixen Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2011
    nice
    i loved the father/son batter between the two.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just found this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Beautifully done, a sweet moment between Master and Padawan. Poor Obi-Wan, trying so hard to impress Qui-Gon; glad Qui-Gon told him that he didn't have try to impress him. Also glad Siri was there to help Obi-Wan to the Healers, I can't help but wonder if Obi-Wan would have gotten there on his own or if he would try to grit his teeth and bear the pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.