main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Boots for my son (sorry for the double post)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TalusSarn, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalusSarn

TalusSarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could purchase black boots for my son's halloween costume? I've been endlessly searching the internet with no luck. We want boots that are very simple so that they could work for Batman, Jedi, really anything, because he's a dress up freak.

We did a batman costume for him for the Batman movie opening. He got tons of compliments, but he was wearing his black GI joes boots, that have some camo strips and a gi figure on them. I used stick black foam and spent a couple of hours cutting them to exactly cover all the non black parts. Ten minutes after we got home from the movie he had ripped them off and destroyed them in the process. :(

I don't feel like going to all that trouble again, but I also don't want to pay $70 for a pair of kids boots.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Brian

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    have you tried the local stores?

3. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    For kids' costumes I have found that the best boot is the rubber construction style boot, is is a simple design that can be made to look good with just about anything, and they are fairly inexpensive. You should be able to find them in kids' sizes at W-mart, you can also try Lowes and HD but Im not sure if they have them in Kids sizes. Black and white are common colors so you should find those easy, for my daughter's jedi we needed brown, so I spray painted them. Be sure to use flat paints and clear coat later, I used gloss and they will forever remain sticky and peel easier, requiring constant repainting.
    Here's an idea of what they look like:
    [image=http://fl501st.com/photo/albums/userpics/10391/normal_AlyssaVsVader2.JPG]
    Hope this helps
    Later

4. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Try looking in the thrift stores, you can always find boots in there.

5. TalusSarn

TalusSarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    I had tried local stores, including Walmart. However, after your recommendation for Walmart, I went back there again, and realized that the rubber boots were not in with the regular shoes (in the aisles divided by shoe size), which is where I kept looking.

I got his boots today. Thanks so much!!

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.