1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    This guy must have nothing to do!

http://www.komotv.com/stories/34678.htm

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That's sad, although cool in a way. I would never waste my time like that, I have my own way of building up anticipation, and that's the 3NS. :D

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Oddly enough, I saw a movie at that theatre (the Cinerama in Seattle) just last week. But I didn't see that guy, if I did I would have shook his geek hand.

4. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    My guess is the guy is really homeless, and figured he'd sleep out front of the theater instead of being chased out from under the overpasses by cops. The guy can't be for real, can he...?

5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I'd love to camp out a week before it starts with a bunch of other people. My parents would disown me, though. :p

The theater I go to is right across from where I work, so I could still work! :p

I will be at a midnight showing, though. :mad:

6. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    For Attack of the Clones I picked up the tickets at about 1pm in the day for the midnight show.
    People who sleep outside for weeks or even days have problems.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I suppose.

Me and a friend camped out overnight in West Edmonton Mall, the biggest shopping mall in the world for TPM tickets for the first show.

It was fun - I brought my guitar, and we'd make up songs for people that walked by. They were quite disturbed and we had quite a few good laughs.

8. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    If I didn't have school etc. to deal with I'd love to camp out -- but for one or two days. Some folks, well, I wish I had that kind of free time.

More power to you, camp-out guy.

Rick McCallum loves you!

9. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Wanted to do this, even just for a day! In total costume! the TV guys even intrview people like that so I'd be on TV AND on a Star Wars bit!

10. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Absolutely nothing wrong with camping out...

I had an MIT final exam the day before TPM came out and I stayed up all night (studying for said exam and taking it first thing in the AM) and then went to join some friends who camped all night for tickets.

I respect anybody willing to do that for something they love. (As it is only one final exam) I still wish I blew off that final....

Bee

11. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I skipped out on work for a 'doctors appointment' to wait in line for tickets for TPM, though I only had to wait about 2 hours. Had no problem walking up to the box office to get AOTC tickets day of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.