main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Borsk Fey'lay Haters sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Every one who hates Borsk Sign in!

2. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    Borsk Fey'lay is the one character i would love to see bumped off. I don't hate any other character as much as him.

3. Ganner

Ganner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2000
    Well...this idea has been done to death in this forum...but I DO HATE HIM.

::signs::

4. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    ::Signs::

Hey, it may be done to death, but dissing Borsk is SO VERY FUN!!!

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Having a Borsk haters thread is like having an Hitler hater thread, no point to it. Borsk is meant to be hated. . . . not as much as Hitler though, Borsk's not that evil, and he does have a good side.

6. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    What good side. Name one good deed he has done.

7. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    He's lowered taxes, paid off the war debt, created jobs, kissed babies, cut the ribben at the grand opening of the Imperial Palace Starbucks, increased spending to social programs... who know?

He very well be doing any or even all of that. He wouldn't be elected by the general populace if they saw him as the overambitious paranoid furrball that Luke and the gang see him as.

Sure he's tough to get along with. But in non-military matters, he may be a great leader. We don't know, one way or another. But that he was elected inicates he is actually good at what he does, with a knack for keeping people happy.

8. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    He turned away from his controling side in Ruin and helped in the battle.

He accually was kinda on the Jedi's side in Hero's Trial.

His little battle fleet helped in the attack on the Bothan home planet.... kinda.

He is not all bad. He is defantly no Hitler.

9. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I like him. Keep him alive!

10. junio

junio Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Well, I hate him but I love him. I think he's a great character! He brings the politics and that fights in the Senate between him and his supporters and Leia and her supporters (Jedi included here). I love this character, but I hate him. Because that what he's meant to be: hated.

11. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Well put, junio. Thats what I was trying to get at. He is meant to be hated! He is written the way he is so he will be hated. So, thats why there is not a real point in this thread. Thats why I made the Hitler anaolgy. Why make a hate thread on Hitler?

12. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    Why is everyone here so down on Borsk Fey'lya?
    Sure he's a jerk, sure he doesn't usually agree with Leia and others, but that's the society that he comes from. The Bothan populace seems to be made almost exclusively of spies, politicians, and soldiers.
    They're trained to press any advantage.
    He's just one of those political leaders who's a jerk.
    And even though he is a jerk, I can't bring myself to hate him.

13. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Wow, I thought I was alone in not wanting to kill Borsk. This is cool.

14. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    I find it ironic that the people who apparently want Borsk Fey'lya's head on a platter for being such an "amoral" individual are the same ones who will defend Grand Admiral Thrawn's moral ethics to the death if need be.

15. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Firstly, MARAJADE and Trilobite, how can you hate someone whose name you don't know how to spell? hehe :)

On a more serious note, does it occur to all the people that say "someone kill borsk please!" that Borsk is a strong and VALUABLE character PRECISELY because he can evoke that kind of response from you? I'm sure it does. Its like when allston killed Ton Phanan, everyone was upset or angry, I was particularly distraught. And while I do wish he'd lived, as with many other characters that have died or left, it aided the overall stoyline when that occured. Borsk is similar.

The sign of having created a vibrant, decent character is that that character evokes some kind of emotional response, be it hate or love or the complete bitterness with which most people in this forum approch ol' Borsky. Yeah, he pisses me off, but he's a good character and I would hate it if that sucker died or retired

16. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Ahh, this is so cool! Where were all you people that don't hate Borsk a month ago when I was all alone?

This is really quite funny.

17. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
  18. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Heh.... no.

19. Darth_Dolza

Darth_Dolza Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2000
    This is destined to be a really long thread... that is, if it isn't closed first.

20. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I hate his guts, but he needs to stay alive if nothing more than to stir up internal trouble in the NR. Of course, I'd be happier to see his head on my wall.

21. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Eww. His head on your wall? Sorry, thats just real nasty looking in my brain.

22. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Wedge 88 tell me, how much more respect do you think he gained with the military by not controlling the battle of Ithor and by taking a part in it as a subordinate? He didn't run like the rest so that he could once more begin building respect for himself amongst the members of the New Republic's military.

23. R2D_24

R2D_24 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2000
    Hey, who's for Borsk taking on Wedge 88? Both hide behind their status. Both use terrible analogies. Hitler? Come on man! Detesting that garbage can never get old. Borsk is not that sadistic but is just as much a parasite. Professional bannishment would suit both very well.

24. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Tell me, how is Wedge 88 hiding behind his status? I don't believe he is. He states his point of view on a subject and, like us all, hopes that maybe he will sway at least one person to understand what he's saying, whether they agree with him or not. To ignore a users comment is each of our right. To disagree is also a right.

Though he and I are pretty much constantly in disagreement on the subject of Fey'lyay, whether he believes it or not, I do try to understand his point of view. I just don't share it.

25. R2D_24

R2D_24 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2000
    Well, most are not as open to debate as you are, and I applaud you for it. Unfortunately, most, not all, have alienated many with their unconstructive attacks against those with opposing points of view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.