Boston Rebels CafePress Store

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    For those who don't know, we have a CafePress store:

http://www.cafepress.com/bostonrebels

I know that CafePress's quality has been questioned by some here in the past, but for a group of our size it's not a bad way to get a small amount of things with our logo on them. Until we build up a treasury and/or grow to a much larger size, placing bulk orders for t-shirts or other items will remain a financial impossibility for some time to come.

When I come back to Boston for the summer (sometime in late June most likely), I plan on placing a small order. I'm going to get some of the cards and buttons for group use, and I'm going to get the baseball style t-shirt for myself. I bring this up because if anyone else is interested in buying something, we could collaborate on one order to save on shipping.

If you want to get in on this group order, start thinking about it now. Send me the money now. This way I'll have the money when I place the order, and I won't have to pester you for money after the order arrives. I have a bad habit of forgetting who owes me money (ask Jim), so I'd like to avoid that as well. :p

Posting about this now will hopefully give everyone ample time to think about anything they might want to buy (whether it's something for yourself or something you'd like to contribute for group use), and then to get the money to me. I take payment by check or money order as well as bank account transfers through PayPal (I can do credit card payments too, but I'll have to tack on some PayPal fees to your total if you choose to pay that way).

And just so there's no confusion, the prices in the CafePress store are base prices, meaning no mark-up for profit for either myself or the group.

So, the process:
    1) Post the items (with quantities) that you want to buy.
    2) Add $3.00 to your item total to cover shipping (if I end up with any extra, I'll put it towards the items I'm purchasing for group use).
    3) Write me a check or money order and mail it to me or send a PayPal payment. If you need further details on those payment methods, just drop me a line via PM or email. Please don't write any checks to the "Boston Rebels", as I won't be able cash them. :p
    4) You'll get your items at the meet following their arrival, or through alternate pick-up arrangements. I'd really prefer not to ship, so don't go in on this is you plan on being totally inaccessible. ;)

Right now I'm making the deadline for posting orders/sending payments June 30th.

It's possible that I might be the only one interested in doing this, and that's fine. I just wanted to make the opportunity available to everyone to save a little money. I know some people won't want to order much until we know more about the quality of the items we'll be receiving, which is understandable. We'll all report on the quality of the items once they're received so that people can make more informed decisions about these purchases.

The only thing I ask of everyone is that you do NOT buy the white Boston Rebels shirts. I'm talking about the basic white t-shirt variety, none of the special cuts. Why? Because I still have a bunch of them from our previous order. I'd really appreciate it if you'd check with me first to see if your size is available before going to CafePress for it. They're really nice shirts and $15 each. I also have a small number of blue ones left as well.

Alright, enough rambling! Order away! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.