Boston Rebels Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Alright, I know we haven't even sniffed summer yet, but we're almost at the half-way point to Halloween and I need some advice. This year I plan on making a Jedi robe to go with the costume I made last year. Can anyone recommend some nice (yet reasonably priced) material that I could use?

A thousand thanks...
  2. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The Costuming and Props forum has topic w/ sticky named [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=10839596&replies=100]"The Complete Jedi Costume Guide"[/link] and in that it mentions a fabric called Indian Homespun, also called Khadi. I've heard that it's kinda expensive though. Most of the tutorials I've seen appear to steer more towards wool, since it's thick enough to be durable and keep you warm, but I have no idea how much it costs.
  3. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmm, if it's heavy enough to use for a robe it must be completely different than the "Indian Homespun" I found last summer. I had originally wanted it for my tunic since it was the perfect color, but there wasn't enough yardage left on the bolt :( I ended up using it for my original undertunic, which I ended up scrapping because I didn't like how it was turning out.
  4. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    completed as of today

rebel :

X-WING
    EU JEDI

Imperial:

IMPERIAL OFFICER
    STORMTROOPER

to do list for 2007 in time for CIV :
    Tusken - definate to do
    RFT - maybe pending money towards CIV.. and SWW weekends next year.

non - sw to do list for future conventions :
    InuYasha
    StarBlazers
  5. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Anyone have any good ideas of where I can get info to do a smuggler costome? I am debating about doing one just don't know where to look for ideas. I am want something different since most tend to do Solo. Even though Solo is my favorite character I don't want to embarrass myself trying to look like him. I was debating about a Jedi but then I realized that I am not Jedi material and that I am more of a smuggler in more ways than one. lol
  6. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Jorge, check out this forum: http://boards.theforce.net/costuming_and_props/b10019/p1
    I got alot of help over there when putting together my Jedi costume. The people over there are incredibly helpful and talented. If you can't find what you're looking for, just ask. Good luck!
  7. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You can swing over to the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/costuming_and_props/b10019/18114736/p1/?22]Thread Index[/link] thread in the Costuming and Props board for ideas on weapons and accessories. If you're not going for a specific character you can pretty much make it look like whatever you want. There should be some threads in the index for different cannon and EU characters that you can use as a reference, probably with pictures too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.