Boston Rebels Gaming thread

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    With the news that the Republic Commando site had been revamped (link), I thought I'd start a new thread that we can use for any future discussions about this and any other games out there.

Speaking of "revamped"... I can't wait for this game to come out!!! They are currently working on a PC demo which probably isn't that far away since the game is due out in March.
  2. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    The only recent Star Wars game I've played has been Battlefront, on XBox. I thought it was a lot of fun, even though I'm really bad at it. :)
  3. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have XvT/BoP and XWA, and would love to pick up playing these games once I get a good stick. If my previous XvT experience is indicative, though, I may be pretty bad @ them, at least for a while. I'm more an old-school XW player and could finish most missions in that game. I am listed in the JC.N Gaming League "roll call" thread for future reference (I believe my info is on page 2 of the thread).
  4. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    The only other SW game I've ever played outside of the Jedi Knight series is Rebel Strike - RS3. It was really good as far as the flight missions, which are about 80% of the missions in the game. Another thing that I thought was pretty cool were the different ships that were available (all of which had to be unlocked first though).
  5. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Being a huge game fan in general, I've tried just about every SW game that's come out for the PC (don't have any consoles), even the sucky ones like Alliance...or whatever that first RTS was called.
    I'm very excited for RC and KOTOR 2 for PC to be out!
  6. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got myself hooked on Warcraft 3 again recently. Not really sure what brought it on in the first place, since I haven't played it in a while. The only difference this time around is that I'm only playing the custom missions, since I already beat the storyline part of the game.

I was flipping through the TF.N news area and noticed that a certain someone got their mods list from X-Wing Alliance added to the Allinace Database, and got a little props in the article for making it.
  7. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    TY, Jedi_Outcast77. It was primarily XWA, but mods, mod tools, etc., for the older sims were included as well. This was the new content I hinted at in a recent PM to Rosie. :D
  8. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone tried the Republic Commando demo yet? I downloaded it last night but haven't installed it and was dying to see if anyone has given it a spin?
  10. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've played it. The demo is kinda short, about a half a level. But it seems pretty cool so far.
    Pretty cool EPIII cameo. Wont say who do to the unspoiled ;)

The wookies are HUGE!!!
  11. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Pretty cool EPIII cameo.

EP III cameo?!? Ohh I've got to sit down and play this tonight.
  12. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dying to check it out, but it'll require a small investment to upgrade my video card :(
    I have, however, been playing KOTOR 2 :)
  13. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    This has already been posted on the Games board, but it's worth repeating here. XBox power cords have been recalled because of a fire danger. The link should tell you where to ship your cord.
  14. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's an article about the new LEGO Star Wars game, due out in April. I know what some of you might be thinking... LEGO's?! However if you watch the trailer and read the article about the storyline you might be interested in giving it a try. My son is always looking over my shoulder when I play my games so I might pick this one up for him to have fun with.
  15. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll definitely be picking up the SW Lego game. Looks too cool and fun not to. I'm also eagerly awaiting the Plug & Play SW game that will hopefully be hitting the shelves sometime between now and April.
  16. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I've been waiting for that Lego game, it looks great!
    I think I'm close to the end of KOTOR 2 now. The story has been interesting. I have to admit I was a little put off at that start (another amnesiac Jedi?!) The combat IMO has been easier than KOTOR, I've hardly used any grenades, stims or medkits...of course most of my Jedi have healing ;)
    I've been messing around with making my own upgrades for weapons and lemme tell you, I have an absolute killer lightsaber! The galaxy should be thankful I haven't fallen to the Dark Side...

Double-Bladed Silver Lightsaber
    Damage: 28-61 / 22-55 (+7 vs Dark Side)
    To Hit: +37 / +35
    On Hit: Stun 25% for 9 sec DC14
    On Hit: Slow 25% for 6 sec DC14
    Blaster Deflection: +5
    Dexterity +4
    Strength +3
    Wisdom +5

:)
    FYI: TRU has the Star Wars Trilogy Monopoly marked down to $15!
  17. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well since you posted your saber, I'll post my 2 sabers.

Viridian(Silvery Green) Single Blade Saber
    Damage: 33-77(+6 Dark Side, +3 Light Side, +1-10 Cold, +1-8 Electrical)
    To Hit: +48
    On Hit: Slow 25% Chance, 6 seconds DC 14
    Attack Modifier: +2
    Defence Bonus: 2
    Dex: +3
    Str: +3
    Wis: +4
    Cha: +2

Viridian(Silvery Green) Single blade Saber
    Damage: 21-61 (+1-8 Electrical)
    To Hit: +46
    Attack Modifier: +2
    Defence Bonus: 2
    Dex: +1
    Str: +2
    Regeneration: 2

With these all I need to use is Force Enlightenment and Master Flurry. The Sith go down with one maybe two attacks. This game is too easy.
  18. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I did notice the combat to be easier this time around. Not to mention the ending was a big dissapointment. Just read the editorial on TFN and I agree with them, it shows the game was rushed :(
    My attack of choice was Master Critical Strike :)
    Mira (with her pair of pimped out Mandolorian Disintegrators) used Master Rapid Shot.
  19. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    For anyone that is interested in the LEGO Star Wars game coming out next month, there is a demo available now on the Games section of Yahoo.com, or you can wait until Monday and get it from the developers site.

NOTE: One of the video card requirments for this game is that you have a video card that supports "Pixel Shader v1.1" or higher. I found out the hard way that my video card doesn't do this so I found a list of the most common video cards that shows which ones do and which ones don't.
  20. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    *!%$#(*!*%!@%^*(!@*%&

I guess I'm going to have to cave and get a new card. It's bad enough I can't play Republic Commando, but the LEGO game? No way!
    When Galaxies went out I had to buy a new PC so I could play, so I guess I'm getting off easy, LOL!
  21. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone been to the Lucasarts site recently? They have updated the Episode III page and it looks awesome! It has a library of video clips showing all of the new moves that you can use (much like what they did for Jedi Academy). Along with the usual synopsis of the game and a short bio of the characters from the Clonetroopers and Droids, to the primary Republic and Separatist figures. Definately worth a look!!!
  22. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone else here have Jedi Academy? I've got myself reeled back into it and was wondering if anyone has ever tried the multiplayer part of the game? I want to try it out but would like to get in with someone who's done it before.
  23. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have it installed anymore but I can tell you it's great fun! A word of advice: max out your Force Push/Pull so people aren't tossing you off of high places ;)

I grabbed a couple of screenies from the LEGO game to show off. I've been having so much fun playing it and trying to get everything 100% complete. The coolest thing has been unlocking the characters and then going back and using them in Free Play. I had Mace and Maul fighting Dooku at the end of Ep2. hehe
    I told myself I would wait to play the Ep3 part, but I'm 3 chapters into it! But I'm stopping there...really! Besides I haven't seen anything I didn't already know.
    Hidden Kamino Disco Bet you didn't think Kaminoans were funky? They are doing a dance to the disco SW theme. Really! I'm not lying!
    Mace lets loose! You can see Padme & Obi there too as well as some generic Jedi.
    Mace v Jango Ani & Obi look on.
  24. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Figured I'd give this thread a bump and ask the question:

Has anyone picked up a copy of RotS yet?

I've been to the site and checked out all of the moves and they look great! I've also heard that there's an alternate ending to the game and was wondering if anyone who owns the game has seen that yet?
  25. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Mike,

Chris was telling me about it just last week. Apparently at the end of the game, after you (as Obi-Wan) have defeated Anakin, you replay the battle, only this time as Anakin. Once you defeat Obi-Wan, there is a little CG scene of Anakin reporting back to the Emperor. As the Emperor rambles on about their triumph, Anakin plunges his saber into the Emperor's chest and declares how he is now the ruler of the universe...or something to that nature.

Sounds pretty cool. When my funds have replentished a bit from my trip to C3 I may have to pick this up just too unlock that scene.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.