main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boston Rebels/Philly Outer Rim Who's Who

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Aug 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Hi All,
    To get to know each other better, I thought I'd start a thread where we can introduce ourselves and tell a little bit about ourselves. :)

I will be posting my intro later today.
    :)

Jenni

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I guess I go first. :D

I am Wendy, 33, single mommie, and I am currently a Accounts Payable Clerk.

When I am not working or chasing after my son, I make myself costumes. I am currently finishing my Royal Guard costume.

I love classic horror films, my Chinese Zodiac is the dog, and my Zodiac sign is cancer.

And last, but not least, I am the King of Prussia's Coucnil Advisor. ;)

I really can't think of anything else right now, ok who's next?

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hi!

Most of my friends call me Dex, so that's what I'll introduce myself as :)
    I live in Lynn, MA, about 10 miles north of Boston (right next to Salem. oooOOooo Spooky)
    I work at State Street Bank. If you ever see skyline shots of Boston, it's the two cylindrical towers, not to be confused with The Two Towers.
    I've been happily married for 11 months and have a dog and two cats.
    Halloween is my favorite holiday ;)

4. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    My name is Rick, I'm 33, I live in Lancaster PA.. I'm into prop building and costuming for Star Wars and the Pa Ren Faire. I'm married. We have 5 Ferrets(L.S., Merlin, Tinkerbell, Scamp and Rascal) an Akita (Bear), a Cat(Faeden) and Cockateil (Pepsi).

I'm looking forward to meeting with everyone.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    My name is Mike. I'm 26 yrs old and I live in Dracut, Mass (35min north of Boston). I'm married with a 7yr old son (my Padawan by both birth and choice). Once I get my own place I would like to get into prop building, but until then I just file my sketches into a folder at work. Looking forward to chatting w/ everyone on the forums!

6. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    My name is Ruth, I'm 21 years old, single, living in Spring City, PA. My family owns an online store that I've managed since I was 17. I have three cats, two dwarf hamsters, and too many fish to count (bettas and guppies). I'm a total bookworm -- I love the Star Wars EU books and just about anything else I can get my hands on. I also collect the 3 3/4" action figures and Unleashed line.

Maleficant -- we have the same signs, both the Chinese and regular Zodiac! :)

7. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Finally I have a spare moment to post!

My name is Jenni, I'm single, 33 years old and have been an avid SW fan since I first saw A New Hope in the theater at age 7. Right about the time of AOTC's release I discovered the fan community on theforce.net and saw there was no local chapter - so I got together with a couple of interested folks on the now-defunct Philly board and endeavored to start a chapter. Now we are just over a year old and one of the most active chapters in the country!

I am into costuming and have been a self-taught seamstress until this past spring when I decided to go back to school full-time. I sold my condo in March and moved back with my parents in Drexel Hill. I am enrolled in the Fashion Design degree program at the Art Institute of Philadelphia so that I can pursue Costume Design full-time. I will be graduating in about a year.

I collect random SW stuff like specific dolls and action figures. I read the novels - just finished NJO: Reunion, and have been fortunate enough to participate in a Fanfilm as an extra due out this fall. I have had a great time making new friends all over the country and enjoy going to conventions to 'show off' my costumes and generally have a good time! I also enjoy combining my fandom with charity work, which our chapter is involved in a lot, espeically with our sister chapters in the region.

:)

8. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    BTW: Great thread idea, Calixte!!!
    It's fun to get to know a little more about everyone here.

Hi, my name is Nick and I'm addicted to Star Wars. :D
    I basically lurk around here, watching everyone have a great time, and make updates to the PhillyOuterRim website when they're needed.

My wife, 2 kids, dog and I live near Montgomeryville, PA.
    By day, I work an IT desk (SQL-DBA/Web development).
    Some of my free time goes to karate classes but my real passion is in video & movie production.
    I try to spend as much time as possible on my fan film, but it's slow going when you're a one-man effects shop.
    Plus, the work on that project has now led to doing some professional video productions, so, although it's been a LOT of fun, progress is slow.

Anyway, I think that covers it for me. Looking forward to reading more about all of you!
    Have fun!

9. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    My name is Natasha. I'm 20 and a Theater Design student at the University of that Arts in Philadelphia.
    I got into Star Wars when the Special Edition versions were released in theaters; never having seen the originals in that format due to not having been alive :p
    My first experience with fandom was at Celebration II last year. Ever since then I wanted to make my own costumes. Jenni and I started making costumes at about the same time when we met and I have her to thank for helping me all the time because even though I'm an art student, I have a huge lack of craftsmanship and am clumsy as can be. She keeps me on track when I'm ripping out a screwed up seam for the 15th time. lol. Anyway, I'm hoping to make a career out of set design or something along those lines for film. But who knows, cause I don't know for sure what I "want to be when I grow up". :D
    Aside from Star Wars, I have an unhealthy Ewan McGregor obsession. I met him two years ago in Scotland and if you were to ask me about him I would probably give you quite an earful.
    I think that's it for now.

10. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey everyone! My name is Roseanna, I'm 20, and I became a member of the Boston Rebels during my sophomore year at MIT. My hometown is in Canton, OH, where I've spent this summer; I live with my parents, younger sister, and two cats. I'm a member of the Jedi Knights of Cleveland and of Rhode Squadron. It's a challenge to keep up with the different groups and to make as many meets as I can, but I enjoy every minute of it. :)

I got into Star Wars a few years before Special Edition came out when we did something related to it in my reading class at school. I'm a huge collector, and I also try to keep up with all of the EU stuff, including the comics, books, and games. I must admit I'm not much of a gamer but I'm interested in becoming involved in all aspects of gaming (roleplaying, PC and console games, card games, etc.). I recently started playing HeroClix, and I'm excited for the new expansions that will include Star Wars characters from the Dark Horse comic books. :D

Many of you already know that I've spent my summer with a broken arm and thumb (and extensive tissue damage) due to an idiot that thought it was ok to be under the influence of marijuana while driving. Before I leave for Boston I plan on adding pictures of the car accident, along with many other pictures, to my photo page accessible through my AIM profile. If any of you have ever doubted the importance of your seat belt, take a look at these pictures where seat belts saved 3 lives.

I'm also a strict vegetarian, which is a very important part of my life. At school I'm the president of the vegetarian group, and I also hold leadership positions in two community service oriented groups. One helps developmentally challenged adults by forming one-on-one friendships between them and students, and the other helps promote awareness and organize support for those touched in any way by brain disease or injury.

Ha, and that lovely preview button just showed me how long this is already, so I think I'll stop rambling on about myself now. :)

11. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I posted this in the other thread, but as long as this one is here now, what the heck...

You can call me Seb, or my real name, Chris. I've been a Rebel for a little over a year (joined on my 23rd birthday, actually :D). I just finished up at the University of New Hampshire, where I drove buses for four years to pay my way through and get a forestry degree. Sooo...although I'm moving into a different line of work, I'm sort of a ranger on-call (I can avoid being seen if I wish [face_mischief]), hence my other nickname Ranger Sebulba. Adventure keeps me sane. ;)

Aside from Star Wars, I dig LOTR, Indiana Jones, James Bond, and almost any movie involving undersea warfare. Reading? Gimme a good Star Wars novel (yes, I said GOOD SW novel since so many of them = teh suck) or adventure story. Or fantasy story. Or war story. Or any combination of the above, which is why LOTR is so appealing. :p

Oh, and I LOOOOVE to write fan fiction. I don't do it at the JC anymore for personal (personnel?) reasons, but there are plenty of other places to put it. Can't get through a day without clattering away at one of my many current efforts. :D *pokes other Rebels and Outer-Rimmers* Awake ye! I release you from my chin-wagging! :p

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeext?

12. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    I'm Rob. I live in Harvard, about 40 miles west of Boston. I'm 26, single, and have a 20-month old daughter. I work security (night shift) at 3Com in Marlboro, Mass. I'm an original founding member of the Boston Rebels, although I haven't been around much the past two years.

I've been to Philly a couple times (nice city, but not as nice as Boston, sorry), and about thirteen years ago I went to a Phillies game at Veterans Stadium, which was cool.

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Sorry for the delay in posting here but I have been driving back and forth to New Jersey to prepare for my best friends' wedding next month so time has been tight.

My name is Scott and I'm the CR of the Boston Rebels. I'm a 32 year old Computer Technician. My love for Star Wars is nearly equaled by my love of sports and Comic Books.

14. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm Back! It's been quite an eventful end-of-summer for me personally.

I'm Rob. 35, married, 2 boys (7&4) and helped Calixte coordinate rolling the POR out. Been a SW fanatic since 1977 and am a huge collector. I am interested in anything and everything related to the SW universe. Games, toys, books, EU, NJO.

15. marajsky06

marajsky06 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2003
    Hi, I'm Char Liesner, I'm 38 married woman from NE Philly. I've been a SW fan since day 1, I was 12. Mark/Luke was my first crush (I still got it bad for him). All my life I was teased because of my red hair, even back then everyone said Luke would never like me, I have red hair. Oh boy were they WRONG!!!! Afterall he married a REDHEAD!!! (Mara of course). I work for a Teleservice co. (Not teleMARKETING) as an Accounts Payable clerk, no kids yet (we are trying thou). Well that's me!

16. Khemist_Karla

Khemist_Karla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Hi Everybody! :)

I'm Karla, I live in Reading, PA, I'm 30, single and work in an analytical lab. I've been into Star Wars since '77 when my dad took me to see A New Hope.

I've been a lurker for a few months on the POR board and just recently joined. Within the past few years, I've gotten into NJO and X-Wing books. Since the NJO final book is coming out in Nov, I'm going to catch up on all the prequel books that are out there. I also do little bit of collecting, I've just been sticking to the action figures. I get other things when they strike my fancy.

I've just started my first costume. So hopefully it'll turn out good and you will all get to see it.

:D
    Karla

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    From one A/P Clerk to another, welcome to the Philly Outer Rim Mara!!! :)

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Where has everyone gone? Seems to have gone quiet in here, awfully suspicious...

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Not to worry we're still around, lurking in the shadows....... [face_devil]

20. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Why is it suspicious? ;)

A few of our members are on vacation, a few of us are in school and have lots of homework, the rest of the members are swamped at work I think. Even my email has been quiet. :)

J

21. seventyard

seventyard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    hey - i've just run across this and am interested in getting involved. i'm zach, i live in ardmore, but work in politics in king of prussia. i'm not sure how often this is checked (this is my first post on this whole system-thing-whatever), but if anyone gets this and wants to clue me in, that would be cool. thanks!

22. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Hi Zach,
    Welcome. Feel free to email me privately - my address is on my ID profile. Just click on my ID on the left side of any post I made. Then I can have our membership officer send you information we give to new members. We've got lots coming up but to clue you in we need your email address. :)

Jenni

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I just meant "suspicious" sarcastically. Like a conspiracy theory that all of the KoP members have run off to join a new Star Trek group somewhere else in the galaxy. I meant no ill will twoards anyone here Calixte.

24. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey Zach, nice to meet you!!! :D

Welcome to the Philly Outer Rim!!

25. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Jedi-Outcast - Be assured, no one took any offense. :) We just get quiet sometimes. Plus we're all getting ready for Halloween next weekend - we're marching in the NYC Halloween Parade with MEPA, NJO, LI and the 501st's Northeast Remnant garrison. :) The next day we have Chiller con too....busy time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.