main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Boston Super MegaFest - Novermber 18-19, 2006

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthWormie, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey all,

The time has come again for the annual Boston SuperMegafest. Every year we folks at the Boston Rebels reserve a table for the weekend to spread the word about the Fan Force experience. This year, we plan on expanding our reach by sponsoring a table for the entire region. Right now we plan on having a single Fan Force banner with all represented groups listed on it. Those groups so far include Boston, Foxboro and Rhode Island. If there are any other regional FF members that plan on coming to town for the show and would like to set up a 'home base' at our table to pass out flyers, please let me know.

One of our annual rituals is to hold daily raffles for SW-themed gift baskets with all of the proceeds going to an area charity. The final choice of this year's charity is TBD but will be posted ASAP. If any of you have something you'd like to donate, please either post it here or drop me a PM. We'll accept almost anything SW themed. The previous years baskets have contianed everything from PEZ dispensers to C3 exclusive merchandise to autographed photos generously donated by SW actors who were in attendance!

We're looking forward to a great weekend this year and hope to see alot of you there! If you want more info on the SMF, you can check out their official site here: http://www.supermegafest.com/

?DW

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey here is the most current guest list:

BILLY DEE WILLIAMS (Saturday only)

Morrena Baccarin - Star of Firefly and Serenity
    Rowdy Roddy Piper - Wrestling Legend
    Cassandra Peterson - Elvira "Mistress of the Dark"
    Yvonne Craig - Batgirl
    Juliet Landau - Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Drusilla
    Mark Goddard - Don West of Lost in Space
    Jane Wiedlin - Co-founder of the Go-Go's (A huge Star Wars fan, by the way)
    Kane Hodder - Jason of Friday the 13th
    Captain Lou Albano - WWF Legend
    Greg the Hammer Valentine - WWF Legend
    WWF Legend Mr Wonderful - Paul Orndorff
    Virgil - WWF Wrestling Champion
    Cindy Morgan - Caddyshack
    Lisa Loring - Wednesday Addams
    Nicole Wood - Playboy Playmate
    Chanel Ryan - International cover model & actress
    501st New England Garrison

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    So here's an update on where our plans stand...

FINALLY spoke to one of the contacts over at SMF about securing a table. He told me to contact his partner. I left him a message Saturday and expect to hear back from him in the next day or so.

As for a charity for this years fundraising, it looks like it will be the Doug Flutie Jr Foundation for Autism. They just want to see a final version of the signage we plan on using at the table. As soon as they do, we will have their blessing.

Still accepting any and all donations for the SW-themed gift baskets. Nothing is too small (or large!) whatever you feel like donating would be greatly appreciated. If you don't have anything to donate but would still like to help, be sure to stop by our table and buy a raffle ticket or two. Who knows, you may walk away with a great basket of SW swag and help out a great cause at the same time.

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    This one is only two weeks away!!!

Here are the posters we will have for sale at our table to go to charity:

Fantastic Four - 5
    Willy Wonka - 33
    LOTR Two Towers - 6
    Scarface - 9
    Kill Bill Vol. 1 (door size poster) Uma Thurman - 8
    Freddy vs. Jason - 22
    Batman Begins - 7
    Seed of Chucky - 17
    Sin City - 35

If anyone is interested please post and we can hold poster(s) for you.

Not sure what the price will be for posters yet?

Thanks

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    is Billy Dee the only SW guest? If so that is ok since I see that there are some pretty cool Wrestling guests that I would like to meet. Rowdy Piper and Capt Lou being the main two. Spike Dudley will be cool to meet as well.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Posters are $8 each or 3 for $20 with ALL proceeds going to the Doug Flutie Jr Foundation for Autism. We will also have 2 SW-themed gift baskets up for raffle (1 basket each day). Tickets for that will be $1 each or 6 for $5 with those proceed also going to the DFJFA. :D

Thanks for bumping this thread guys.

EDIT: And for anyone interested, we will have a limited quantity of Boston Rebels T-shirts for sale. These white T-shirts feature the full color 'Boston Rebels' logo which was designed by an enormously talented and humble local Graphic Designer. ;)

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    HEY! I didn't know they added my long-lost identical twin Spike. That's way cool! I also noticed that they added Erin Moran (Joannie) for 'Happy Days'.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Final reminder gang. Super MegaFest is this coming weekend.The Boston, Foxboro and Rhode Island FF's will be in attendance. Stop by our table, say Hi and helpus raise some money for a great cause.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Total are in guys and we managed to raise $426 this year. Congrats and thanks to one and all who helped us achieve this impressive total which will now be donated to the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism.

Awesome work folks!

10. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Great job!

~Doc_Bev

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    wow!! Thats awesome!!! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.