Boston Super Megafest Planning - Table Donations Needed

Discussion in 'Providence, RI' started by starwarschick14, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys! I just wanted to fill everyone in on the beginning of collaboration efforts for Super Megafest this year.

We're off to a late start, but we do have our table situation figured out. Payment will be sent to the promoters today - $100 for a table on both days, including 6 weekend passes. The table is open to ALL FanForce groups regardless of whether or not you can contribute to the table cost. There are plenty of other ways to contribute (help with our charity fundraiser, staffing the table, etc.) that will come up in discussion soon. But first we need to get the table cost covered.

Please visit and post in the Boston thread on this if you can help out:
    Boston Super Megafest Planning

Thanks in advance, and I hope to see you guys there. :)
  2. OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Master

star 1
    Fine job pulling it all together !!

I am definitely looking forward to meeting everyone and hanging out afterwards, hope people will be around for the nighttime festivities !!
  3. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I plan on attending!

How many others are going? Please let others in Rhode Squadron know.

Maybe we can organize to have lunch or dinner after the con :)
  4. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I should be there on Sat. I have made plans to attend the musuem for the SW exhibit on Friday night. So my brother and I will have the day free to go. I just need to know if we are going to do anything. I will probably be spliting my time between the area Fan Force boards and another group that is going to be there.
  5. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will be attending both days. Hope to see everyone there.
  6. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is the guest list for the event:

Temuera Morrison ? Jango Fett and Clones
    Jeremy Bullock ? Boba Fett
    Peter Mayhew ? Chewbacca

Ricou Browning - Creature from the Black Lagoon

Richard Kiel - one of the most recognized James Bond villians, the towering JAWS, from "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Moonraker". Starred in "Happy Gilmore", "The Longest Yard", Twilight Zone plus many others.

Kevin Sorbo ? Hercules

Joyce Dewitt - Threes Company
    Priscilla Barnes ? Threes Company

Ian Whyte ? Predators in Alien vs. Predator

Tom Woodruff Jr ? Alien in Alien vs. Predator

Steve Dash - Friday the 13th Jason

Jasmine St. Claire - National Lampoon's Dorn Days II Actress, ECW Wrestling Star

Paul Ryan - Comic Artist - Fantastic Four, Phantom

Michael Dooney - Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles comic book artist and the package design artist for many toy lines including Star Wars, Turtles and more.

Leslie Hoffman - "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Chips", "Airplane","Love Boat", "Fantasy Island", "1941", "M*A*S*H", "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and "Star Trek: Voyager".

Michael Kraiger - Sketchcard artist of MCC98, Stargate SG1, Battlestar Galactica, Conan, Robots, Original Star Trek AND Comic Book Writer of Scooby Doo, Cow and Chicken, I. M. Weasel, Flintstones, The Herculoids and Animaniacs.

501st Stormtrooper Legion - Meet this life-sized operational Astromech Droid in person!

The Fighting 501st Legion of Stormtroopers

Advanced tickets are on sale please check website SuperMegaFest

Also on Saturday Night A party starts at 7:00 at the Sheraton Framingham.

Dress up as your favorite character for our Costume party! Great prizes!

Free giveaways including current and past commemorative show exclusives!!

Panel discussion and question and answer session with father and son Jango and Boba Fett actors, Temuera Morrison from New Zealand and Jeremy Bulloch from the U.K.!

7. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    This looks to be a pretty good con as far as guests go. I am looking forward to going. I just have to talk to my brother to make sure he wants to go. If not I may have to miss out. I wouldn't want to make him suffer alone with my wife and my mother. He had to do that for a week up in Maine. I don't think the poor kid will ever be the same after that week. lol
  8. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Well so far it's Jeff,Jorge, and me.

Anybody else? I hope to see more of us there. :)
  9. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    That reminds me...I need to get FanForce put on that guest list! :)

And of course, I'll be there both days as well.
  10. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    "I'm with you too" :p

It looks like I'll be there Saturday only though. If I'm able to attend sans child, I'll even offer up my time for an hour or so to sit at the table and let some people stretch their legs a bit.
  11. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I posted this on Foxboro and would like other chapters' opinions and input on a flyer for the convention.

Here is what I started with:

I started writing this on my ride up to Maine this past weekend.
    I thought it might be good to put a flyer to learn about fanforce.

What is Fan Force?

Well it is a gathering of STAR WARS fans of course, but we are not only just about Star Wars.

We meet about once a month a go out for group outing.
    Sometimes it is a movie, a picnic , a cookout, trips to amusement parks, special events like conventions, such as the one you are at right now.

And many other fun and entertaining places.

Many of us all went to Celebration III which was the official STAR WARS convention this past April in Indianapolis.

What is most important about Fan Force I believe is the friendships that are forged along the way.

We communicate on TheForce.Net forum boards.
    These are message boards to which we use to discuss and keep in contact with one another about a multitude of subjects.
    There are forums about movies, sports, politics, music, collectibles , costuming, books, video games, art, comic books, fan made films, fan fiction writing, conventions, television, radio, and much much more.

The use of these message boards is at no cost to you just register, agree to the rules as a user and then your off to a local, regional, national, and worldwide universe of people, places, and new friendships.

We welcome you to post on the message boards and to join anyone of our local Fan Forces.

If you think anything needs to be added or omitted please post.

Thanks
    Chris
  12. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to try and make it, but can't say for sure since I'm just getting back into the FF swing and found out today! But I'd love to see Richard Kiel!
    Just an fyi for an Creature fans: Ricou only played the Creature in underwater scenes ;) Ben Chapman played
    him (it?) on land.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.