main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boston Supermegafest

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Roseanna has graciously invited Rhode Squadron to participate with the Boston Rebels in Boston Supermegafest by sharing a FanForce table at the Con. The dates for the Con are November 20th and 21st. The convention is being held at the Sheraton in Framingham. Here is a link to their web site. CLICK ME!

In addtion, Roseanna is attempting to secure the appearance of Joe Corroney, a Star Wars artist working with Dark Horse Comics (I believe). I believe the cost to secure him is $300 dollars. There will be seperate fee for a table as well.

I think this would be a good idea to promote our groups and would like to hear your ideas and/or opinions.

Please post your interest in this event as a possible November meet,and how much money, if any, you could contribute to getting a table and possibly getting Joe Corroney as a guest. I will ask Roseanna to post exact amounts needed to get a table and for getting Joe and we can proceed from there. We have some time but not a whole lot to get thing rolling. As a side note Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker will be appearing as guestsat the Con. I believe NJO is coming up as well. Sounds like it would be a fun time.

2. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Oh boy, a convention thats less then an hour away! Sounds good to me.

3. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    You can view Joe's art here!

4. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i have been invited by the NE 501st to represen the rebel legion at this event (provided enough RL people show up). if they've got enough, i'll be joining them for photo ops for charity. if not, i probably will sit this one out. but that's be where i stand on this one.

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Joe has indeed worked with Dark Horse Comics. He just completed Empire #25, which will be released during the second week of October. Securing his appearance involves a $200 plane ticket.

The table costs $100. With Chris's and my donations, we have $50 toward that so far. We need the money for the table ASAP so we can secure a table for both days of the convention. Tables are going fast and it would really suck if we didn't get one because we waited too long to reserve one.

Any help at all would be appreciated. We're the two most local groups to this convention and it's a great opportunity for us both to promote ourselves and recruit. I still plan on talking to more NE chapters about it. Gary and Marie are planning on coming up, and hopefully more NJO members will be able to make it too.

I really hope this can turn into something on the level of fun that Empire Fan Fest was. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I definitely support the idea of this being Rhode Squadron's November meet as well. It's a two day event and would work well as our first joint meet. :)

Also, I believe that they're still in the process of adding guests to their site, so keep checking it out for any changes. Anthony Daniels is enough for me though. [face_love]

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    If you need any general FF flyers for this event or a NE chapters listing flyer let me know I can email one to you guys :)

Sounds like its going to be alot of fun :)

7. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I don't know if I CAN go yet but if I can, I want to! :)

8. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    I will donate $25 toward the cost of the table.

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thank you Ed! Looks like were all set for the table then. Now we need to work on that plane ticket...

10. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I don't have a lot of money but I might be able to toss in a few bucks. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a job...

11. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Could I get more feedback if people are interested in this being the november meet OR do people want a november meet and also go to this convention. I'd like this to be the meet therefore we could get more people tehre at least one of the days. But some have already stated that they wouldn't be able to do it.

I am very much interested in being at the convention. But. The next couple of months for me are impossible to tell whats going on as far as availability. There is a large chance I won't be able to be doing any meets for the foreseeable future due to a new job. Stay tuned.

12. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I have contacted the RI sci fi club about attending. Hopefully I'll get some feedback soon.

I'm leaning more on the side of making this our november meet. If no one can give me some feedback I'll just have to start waving my wand around.

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey guys, just wanted to give you all an update about this. Please check out the Boston thread for more details.

The table has been paid for thanks to generous folks in the Boston, RI, and NJ FFs. We're also halfway to a plane ticket to bring in Joe Corroney. We need to raise another $100. I'm really not trying to empty anyone's wallet here, but any further donations would be much appreciated.

We're currently discussing a few other important things in the Boston thread: the possibility of a celebrity dinner, celebrity gifts/honorary memberships, and a charity raffle. Please head over to the Boston thread to read more and to discuss the topic. I'd like to keep all the discussion about that in one place. We need to make decisions within the next week on those topics so please voice your opinions soon!

Thanks! :)

14. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Roseanna, Gary and I would like to help, and I think some of the NJO wants to help as well. I posted it in the forums for the members, but I'll have them contact you if they want to help out any.

And yes, Gary and I will be making it up, and I know a few of the NJO members will be there as well.

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks to all of the generous donations from members of the Rebels, Rhode Squadron, and the NJO, we've met our fund-raising goal. :D Please head over to the Boston planning thread for all other details!

16. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    as of last count there will be.... brace yourselves... a total of about 10 RL members and then you can count the NEG and NER members who will be there.... add in the FF ... and I think SW will be dominating the convention this year lol

Justin Manning
    NEG 501st IMPERAIL OFFICER
    Rebel Legion Jedi

Future Jedi in "Outbound Flight Project" book by Mr Timothy Zahn in Nov 2005

17. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    yeah i was just about to post that it seems the rebel legion presence is back in full swing for this event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.