main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boston's Sack Charles

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Joehead1977, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joehead1977

Joehead1977 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2006
    Hello all,

I'm new to this board, but not to the Star Wars universe, I've been a fan ever since its original run back in 1977, and have great memories of this old theater which ran all 3 in its original run. The theater is long gone, but for those who saw the trilogy in Boston's Sack Charles you may want to check this out:

http://www.cinematour.com/tour.php?db=us&id=21979

Cheers,
    Joehead1977

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome to the boards JH1977. Hope to see you around once in a while.

My 'first time' was at the old Flick 123 in Natick (Where the Christmas Tree Shop is now).

3. Joehead1977

May 5, 2006
    Hello DarthWormie,

Thanks for the welcome!

My actual "first time" was at the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers in June of '77, after that I went to the Charles at least 6 more times!

4. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Liberty Tree Mall? Was that the old 2 screen cinema that was next to Ann & Hope? I went to college in those parts and saw the forst 'Batman' movie there as well as Indy3 and a few others in the late 80's/early 90's.

5. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    My first exposure to Star Wars was as a 10 year old, and I saw it @ the old General Cinema near the Westgate Mall in Brockton. After a few name changes over the years, it was recently closed, torn down, and they're building a Dick's Sporting Goods (which should be opening soon) on the land.

6. Joehead1977

May 5, 2006
    I'm sorry, it wasnt Liberty Tree Mall. It was the other Danvers theater which is now called "Hollywood Hits". I went there also to see "The Phantom Menace" in 1999 and it looks the same as it did in the 70s or so I thought!

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Ah yes, or as my friends and I used to call it "Hollywood *hits" [face_laugh] I've actually seen a few movies there as well. I think I saw "Best in Show" and a Jackie Chan movie or two. Also saw a ton of movies there when it was still a Loews.

8. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Joehead

You may be interested in knowing that we tried to get a meet together @ the Loews Liberty Tree Mall last year on "Revenge of the Sith's" opening weekend, but it wound up being just myself and a friend there. We do try to meet once a month, so keep your eyes peeled on the board for meet announcements. We'd love to see you at one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.