main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bota: The Wonder Drug (MS II: JH Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by VaapadMaster, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaapadMaster

VaapadMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2004
    Bota, as we've read can enhance a being's Force powers to great levels.

But conveniently, bota is adaptogenic, and by the end of the Clone Wars, it will be nothing but a pesky weed.

Any bota that isn't processed is going to be useless. However, we do know that there is some processed bota out there in the galaxy.

Firstly, the vial that was given to I-5YQ to be taken to the Jedi Council.

Secondly, there's the bota that the Falleen and the Umbaran thugs stole from Kaird. They knew that it would soon be useless, so they're most probably smart enough to have processed it as soon as possible. They have around 70 kg of bota.

Thirdly, there's bound to be some other bota out there, that the Republic and the Separatists got to harvest before the big battle.

So, is it possible that Jedi could start using bota to turn the tide of the Clone Wars? Of course, it "leads the the Dark Side".. blah blah Dark Side crap, so maybe it could be restricted to Yoda? Not Mace, because he'd just fall to the "Dark Side", since Vaapad's already got him so close to it.

And one more thought. We know that bota is adaptogenic. Which means that in the future, it could possibly go back to its wonder drug form, or perhaps even more powerful? Just an interesting thought...

2. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Possible, but I wouldn't expect to see bota crop up in any more stories.

3. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Not to mention the amount that black sun had smuggled off the planet. I think that since we have three more books coming up by the same authors, and I5's story is not yet tied up, that we will see him again. Since I5 has some boota perhaps we will see it again when we see him.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    It's a big galaxy out there. Bacts, biota, Pydyrian healing sticks, it's all the same.

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    So, is it possible that Jedi could start using bota to turn the tide of the Clone Wars? Of course, it "leads the the Dark Side".. blah blah Dark Side crap, so maybe it could be restricted to Yoda? Not Mace, because he'd just fall to the "Dark Side", since Vaapad's already got him so close to it.

Somehow, I don't see the Jedi taking drugs to help fight. I imagine that it will be used to heal like it's supposed to, or to be used to clone or try and regrow it else where, even though it's been impossible before.

6. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

jedi say everything "Leads to the Dark Side"

wow. i had no clue bota would be used as a drug. maybe i missed something like that in Medstar I. i haven't read II yet :(

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    jedi say everything "Leads to the Dark Side"

They're right. Anything taken to extremes can lead to the dark side. Balance is key to staying on the good side.

8. VaapadMaster

Aug 12, 2004
    You know it's funny, how the whole "Dark Side dilemma" is the most used plotline in SW novels and comics. This includes MS II: JH, but the funny thing is that Barriss herself says that the Force is unified and one, and that there really isn't a Dark Side.

Seems like this is common knowledge for Jedi Order of the Old Republic, if a mere Padawan knows this.

9. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Seems like this is common knowledge for Jedi Order of the Old Republic, if a mere Padawan knows this.

You mean "thinks this", not "knows this."

10. VaapadMaster

Aug 12, 2004
    You mean "thinks this", not "knows this."

No, I'm pretty sure I know what I mean.

Remember, Vergere says to Jacen that the Jedi Order's dirty secret was that there is no Dark Side. She was a Jedi of the old Order. The fact that Barriss knows this too, pretty much tells us that it was common knowledge back in the days of the Jedi Order.

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004

I have to agree with VaapadMaster. When Barriss commented on the unified Force it was with the confidence of a person who knows it is true. It did not sound like that was her own personal hypothesis.

I wonder if Palpatine got ahold of the missing Bota. That could explain how he was able to purge the Jedi. Perhaps he ran out of the drug before he was able to locate and kill Yoda and Kenobi (and whatever other Jedi that survived the purge).

AG88
    [face_peace]
    [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.