main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gallery Bothan fanart! Aaaand some other species too

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Acaciathorn, Jul 19, 2015.

1. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Nice blood! Er, that sounded odd; the proportions look good with just right amount soaking into clothing, and the expression seems appropriate for someone who is hurting yet not in agony.

2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Nice drawings Acaciathorn! I really like your style and how you play with colors!

3. Acaciathorn

Acaciathorn Jedi Master star 1

Jul 19, 2015
    Thank you so much!

4. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

You're welcome!

You can also check my drawings on the following thread and on my facebook page if you're interested: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/swsagafans-art-gadeli.50044539/

https://www.facebook.com/gadeliofficial/

5. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

When I started playing Edge of the Empire with my friends, I never thought the campaign would still be going strong over two years later. This game is SO much fun, and even more importantly, it kept me laughing during the absolute worst days of my illness. I love these crazy-@$$ characters and can't wait for their adventures to continue. Here's to another year! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  6. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

My Harry Potter character, Isadora Shearwater, as a Bothan from Star Wars...and my Bothan character, Jastra Liska'vys, as a Hogwarts student!

Isadora in the SWverse
    Being raised in Bothan society wouldn't make Isadora ruthless, but it would make her more shrewd. Beautiful, warm, and polite, Isadora would grow up to be an extremely effective diplomat. Dealing with a particularly intractable alien leader? Send Isadora to meet with them. She can befriend almost anyone, and because she's so non-threatening, people tend to trust her with their secrets (even when they shouldn't). She's a master of soft power - she can move mountains with a kind word or a gentle admonition. She hates conflict and bloodshed and avoids fighting at all costs. She has a weakness for jewelry, pretty clothes, and romantic gestures.

Jastra in the HPverse
    As a 7th year Slytherin, Jastra's got kind of a punk party girl vibe. She's ambitious, intelligent, and fiercely loyal, with a playful attitude that sets her apart from most of her housemates. Jastra has a gift for healing magic, and she frequently volunteers in the infirmary. She's a tinkerer who enjoys inventing charms, including the spell which animates her moving, ever-changing tattoos. Rumor has it that she's banging the Slytherin Head Boy Koskit, but it's unclear whether they're in a relationship, or if she's just his favorite underling. Her twin sister Dall is a Ravenclaw, and the two of them root for each other's teams during Quidditch matches. She's fun and creative - just don't try and come between her and her favorite people, because she has one hell of a jealous streak.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Gamiel and pronker like this.
  7. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Liking your Bothan because she seems to uphold the 'Bothan spy' vibe that Mon Mothma introduced way back when; she sounds diplomatic, as you say, and hey, diplomats aren't above using spies so she could be suitably spy-ish. And speaking of Bothans, my son and I rewatched TFA last night and wasn't there a Bothan among the group of Rebel council members? He/She resembled your take on the species. I've seen others' works where Bothans resembled horses or capybaras. :bb8:

8. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    I don't think there are any Bothans in TFA (as far as I know, they still haven't made a canon appearance). The character you probably saw (I'm guessing) was Vober Dand, who is described as being a member of the Tarsunt species on Wookieepedia.

I've seen other artists who draw Bothans more equine as well, which has always confused me because I thought the Thakwaash were supposed to be the horselike species in Star Wars. I based my designs off the first Bothan I saw - this old guy in the Edge of the Empire rulebook:

[​IMG]

To me they resemble lion-dog people, which is what I went for when I created my characters. Who knows what they'll actually look like when they finally come to the big screen. Probably less Jastra-looking than I'd want, lol :/

pronker likes this.
  9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    That was most likely it in TFA. It was a medium shot of the group with a fairly large depiction of the species lower left screen.:-B

10. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Edge of the Empire has a feature called "Obligation" which represents a debt a character owes, or a force which drives their life. This is the final drawing in a series of four depicting the Obligations of the player characters.

Tyrran's Obligation is his desire to protect his family back home on Corellia. He joined the Rebel Alliance after his sister Terra - a slicer and fellow force-sensitive - was abducted by the Empire and sold into slavery. Already a talented pilot, Tyrran honed his skills and set out to rescue her. After teaming up with a bunch of miscreants (that would be us, the rest of the crew) and saving her, Tyrran recommitted himself to the battle against autocracy. Of the player characters, he is the person who puts the most faith in the Rebellion, and who most hates the Empire. He has good reason: Tyrran's father was involved in designing the Tie fighter, but the Imperials betrayed and disposed of him, leaving his wife and their five children to fend for themselves. Tyrran had to step up and help raise his younger sisters, and he still takes his role as the eldest sibling very seriously. He fights so that they won't have to live under an oppressive regime.

Corellian_Outrider and pronker like this.
  11. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Wanted to do a more realistic version of Jastra [​IMG]
    Eyyyy, smoke weed erryday [​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto and pronker like this.
  12. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Tyrran's youngest sister Jessa, excited to meet a real life Mandalorian. [​IMG] Lok is very accommodating, despite his intimidating appearance.

May the fourth be with you!

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

I've always felt that that picture was based on a kangaroo with maybe a bit of cat. Even his resting pose is similar to how kangaroos often rest. So for me Bothans are long haired carnivorous kangaroo heads. I'd have said your Bothans were Togorians if I had to guess.
    [​IMG]

14. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Togorians have digitigrade legs/feet, though. Bothans are plantigrade. In my fullbody pics at least, I don't think the characters look like Togorians.

If I had to really pick a creature to compare Bothans to (in terms of facial structure), I think they actually resemble Eastern dragons. Or like, friggin Elliot from the Pete's Dragon remake:

[​IMG]

pronker likes this.
  15. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

During our very first Star Wars game, Lars tried to steal this guy's camera.
    2+ years later, the unnamed-but-legendary 'Rodian Tourist' finally got his revenge when he snitched and got us hauled off by CorSec.

Gamiel likes this.
  16. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    What a neat game! And it continued for years?^:)^

17. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Yup! We've been playing the same campaign for 2+ years, with the same core group of 4-5 people (plus other players who come and go). Having that kind of continuity makes the roleplaying experience deep, complex, and incredibly fun.

18. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

"It's not staring - it's surveillance!"

Koskit recently lost some fingers when his former cartel boss tortured him to get information from Jastra. His whole life has turned into a giant fvcking mess, but she's still super into him despite his involvement in organized crime and his best efforts to push her away. Either way he's exactly the kind of @$$hole who would replace his missing fingers with solid gold prosthetics, so...yeah [​IMG]

19. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Terra, Tyrran's force-sensitive slicer sister:

[​IMG]

brodiew and SavedByChristAlone like this.
  20. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Art trade I did with a cartoonist from Croatia...

I drew his Cathar diplomat, Raiona, and he drew Jastra.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    pronker and Gamiel like this.
  21. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Some sketches!

Lars is currently romancing/conning a CorSec officer so that we'll have an ally inside law enforcement during our stay on Corellia. Gives a whole new meaning to "fvck the police" ;)

[​IMG]

Aaand here's Vika, a Falleen bounty hunter that Jastra affectionately calls "Lizard B!tch".

[​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Always like seeing your stuff - and especially the Falleen, a neato species for the GFFA. Ha at the nickname.;)

23. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  24. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Straight Outta Kothlis :cool:

Got sick of my art. Wanted to try out a different style...

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020