main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gallery Bothan fanart! Aaaand some other species too

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Acaciathorn, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Acaciathorn

Acaciathorn Jedi Master star 1

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

The Force

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Jastra's sister Dall and her two sons, Tav and Tosk (in our campaign, it's been established that Bothans virtually always have twins). I realized I had never drawn the babby Bothans, so I had to correct that oversight [​IMG]

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    The Force piece is suitably ascetic and the Dall-Tav-Tosk piece is warm and inviting, nice contrast!![face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Thanks!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

For the people on deviantArt who asked me what Jastra's kids would look like if she had some...here are her hypothetical daughters. They're not identical twins; they just both look exactly like their father.
    Now, obviously this isn't 'canon', cause Jastra doesn't have children yet in the actual RPG. Given this fact, I didn't want to put a ton of effort into drawing a whole new picture, so I just flipped and recolored the above pic of Dall and her sons.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    AzureAngel2, pronker and Gamiel like this.
  6. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    flipped and recolored Nicely done - and I like the way the little one is straddling her waist, very realistic and just like a two year old or so!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Commission for doctorbenway on deviantArt. His Bothan character, Kalara Qor'vis. I've never drawn a badass elder before, so this was quite a challenge.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    brodiew, AzureAngel2, Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  8. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    I've been way too sick to draw, but my friend FennBothan had this picture done of his character Sayar, my character Jastra, and the artist's Nautolan character Pat:

[​IMG]

Rule #1: never make a bet with Jastra.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Hope you are better soon, for Art's sake and for your own.[face_good_luck]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Super quick speedpaint

[​IMG]

AzureAngel2, Mitth_Fisto and pronker like this.
  11. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Lame question alert: How do you decide which background to use? Is it the length of time you want to devote to each piece, or the color scheme, or do you want a little narrative?:confused:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    I seek to achieve maximum laziness in all my artistic endeavors

AzureAngel2, Gamiel and pronker like this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    If some of these backgrounds are you being lazy. . .yowza! You make something that takes me a month to do look better and awesome.

Always look forward to seeing your new pieces. Great work.

AzureAngel2 and pronker like this.
  14. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Just a sketch today...

This is Eren, a recurring NPC we first met on Corellia. His brain was severely damaged during a ship explosion; his tech implants keep him alive, but the accident left him suffering from scifi Alzheimer's. His adopted Falleen daughter Vika looks after him, though she can't stop him from chain-smoking deathsticks.

He may very well die during our next session so I wanted to give him a proper sendoff with some artwork :_|

[​IMG]

AzureAngel2 and Gamiel like this.
  15. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    What a sad story. He still looks like he has some soul left, though ... *watery smile*

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Hey guys! Just wanted to let any Bothan fans out there know that I started a blog where I collect all the cool Bothan artwork I find on tumblr. If you're interested, check it out! https://thebothanspynet.tumblr.com/

Alternatively, if you're on deviantart, I have a club that performs a similar function: https://bothanspynet.deviantart.com/

My RPG group will be going on a bit of a hiatus in the next month or so, as we wrap up this arc of the campaign. I'm not sure when we'll be starting back up again, so hopefully these groups will tide you over until I start mass-producing art for our game again!

In the meantime, I am starting an Avatar: The Last Airbender campaign with some of my friends. It'll be my first time GMing, so I'm both nervous and excited. I've already begun creating character sheets, so if you miss my art in the meantime, you can check out my newest works by clicking on the image below, which will direct you to the A:TLA gallery on my page:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  17. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks for the info! This makes me wish I knew more about those fandoms mentioned ... so many fandoms, so few hours in the day ... =(( yet I enjoy the art all the same. :/ Happy New Year and Happy GMing! It's likely you already know about darthsanddroidsDOTnet, which sure informed me a lot about the intricacies of being a GM with having zero experience being one.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Also, if anyone is a fan of Magic: The Gathering, one of my fellow players made magic cards of the major characters (just for sh!ts and giggles). You can view them here.

Thanks to everyone who's been commenting and liking my posts! I hope you all have a fantastic 2018 [face_party]

19. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Did an art trade recently with Dingoat. I drew her character Ahuska, and she drew Jastra.
    My half:
    [​IMG]

Her half:
    [​IMG]

I also got this lovely giftart from Kuri on Twitter:
    [​IMG]

P.S. Can someone help me figure out how to use these new forums? The "Gallery" prefix seems to have disappeared from my topic, and I no longer know how to edit the topic title. I thought it was under Thread tools, but the only option there is "add a poll".

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  20. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Love the characterization rampant in each of these - and lucky you, to receive a lovely gift.[face_pumpkin] As for the problems, the banner on the Fanfiction board states that the editing of titles is being worked on...[face_praying]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    That's neat about the art trade and drawing each other's characters.

It is being worked on though for the time being I can help and update the title for you.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Thank you so much!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    You're welcome! :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You actually make me like Bothans a lot. But I should forget about old EU books anyway...

Breathtaking art pieces!

pronker and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  25. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    PJ Party!

[​IMG]
    Koskit's necklace is made from glass taken off the body of his former Cartel boss, after Jastra and her friends killed him. Jastra knows how to craft a classy gift ♥