main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gallery Bothan fanart! Aaaand some other species too

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Acaciathorn, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Could you please post about Jug-Jug on the Fanon thread, it would be wonderful http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...rief-poll-on-challenges-posted-5-24.50024318/

[​IMG]

2. Acaciathorn

Acaciathorn Jedi Master star 1

Jul 19, 2015
    Gamiel likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I am...speechless. In a good way!

4. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

The Chiss are my second favorite Star Wars race...they're just like, a bunch of gloomy looking blue people [​IMG] I love it.

Anyway, here's a design I whipped up for a Chiss character I'd like to play at some point. Her name is Min'adet'ikka (Min for short). She's a brilliant woman, but she suffers from a type of mental illness that requires daily medication, otherwise she'll go cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Her parents were outcasts from their home planet, so she grew up among humans and other aliens in the Outer Rim. She has a tendency to come off as creepy, and it certainly doesn't help that she always seems to be standing...like, right behind people...

She's wearing coral blue number 2 semigloss lipstick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  6. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Traditional Bothan Clothing!

[​IMG]

Apparently word has spread to the 5 people in the Bothan fandom that I am the go-to artist, because I've been getting quite a few commission requests lately.

Anyway, this is for my buddy Amelia ♥ She also plays a Bothan character in a Star Wars RPG, although her group is playing Age of Rebellion, while ours is playing Edge of the Empire. I don’t normally take fashion design commissions, but she was nice enough to pay me to draw my own chars in addition to hers, so how could I say no?

The expanded universe doesn't agree on what Bothans look like, much less what they wear, so I was pretty much free to just make **** up. I figure that in the present era, Bothans tend to dress in cosmopolitan clothes (human or other alien styles that are popular on the core worlds, for instance), but that in ye olden times these sorts of outfits were more common. Nowadays, traditional clothing is reserved for formal events like political gatherings, weddings, and whatnot. The sash thingies are something I invented: the gold medallions showcase each clan's symbol, while the black ribbons are soaked in a special perfume unique to each clan. This allows their wearers to easily identify fellow clan members, allies, rivals, and enemies by both sight and smell, which is super handy in a society filled with power-hungry little buggers who are constantly spying on one another.

LEFT GROUP
    -Dall Liska'vys (red) - my character Jastra’s sister. A slicer and secret rebel agent who’s currently in hiding. She’s tight-lipped, principled, and marches to the beat of her own drum. Perpetually glued to her communicator and/or computer.
    -Koskit Sol'lon (purple) - my character's longtime crush and mysterious benefactor. Is a walking, talking vault of secrets. Possibly a rebel operative. Possibly a crime lord. Definitely richer than you.
    -Jastra Liska'vys (orange) - my character. An explorer/doctor/slicer and general mischief-maker. Quite intelligent, though you wouldn’t guess it from her wacky antics. Probably smoking Z-weed at this very moment.

RIGHT GROUP
    -Shayl Fiar'ra (blue) - Amelia’s character. A rebel pilot and constant grump. She has a huge potty mouth and is basically a one-woman tsunderestorm. Can most likely out-drink you.
    -Tresk Kith'ges (green) - Shayl’s rival. He’s full of himself and is a bit of a perv, but deep down, he’s actually a decent guy - just don’t expect Shayl to admit that. Way too proud of his beard.
    -Biree Fiarr'ra (white) - Shayl’s sister. A debutante and diplomat who is a huge sweetheart. She’s a master of soft power, kinda like Josephine from Dragon Age Inquisition. Gets a lot of attention for her rare white fur.

EDIT: Since our games are set in the same era, we played 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon with our characters and decided that Biree dated Koskit’s younger brother when they were teenagers. Bam! Our plots are connected. Tangentially.

DOUBLE EDIT: At some point I'm going to type up a MASSIVE info dump on Bothan culture and post it on the fanfiction forum. Headcanon FTW

7. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Commission for an Aussie RPer of his Bothan Jedi Padawan, Fenn Soran:

[​IMG]

8. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Jastra and Myria on Kothlis ^_^ Myria's player, Haley, missed our "beach episode", so I drew her this sketch to make up for it. Myria's one of those people who looks *fantastic* at all times...meanwhile Jastra's just dying for someone to fall asleep so she can bury them neck-to-toe in sand.

Myria has the Naboo symbol on her boob. Naboob. Heh heh. And yes Jastra is wearing a shark bathing suit

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Mitth_Fisto, Darth Ukendt and Gamiel like this.
  9. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Why did I draw Tyrran, Jastra, Lars, and Myria wearing hoodies, covered in random wounds? Who the fvck knows.
    I just...really enjoy drawing people all roughed up and bruised. I'm sure it's indicative of some sort of deeply-rooted psychological problem, but whatevs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Mitth_Fisto and Darth Ukendt like this.
  10. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Been doing lots of art trades, collabs, and raffles lately...I won a friend's giveaway on DeviantArt, and she drew me Jastra in her fancy dress~

[​IMG]

Credit to VanileCream for the image

11. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Bothan portraits!

Did a couple of livestreams last night and today. Drew Jastra’s peeps cuz I have no fvcking life

[​IMG]

Jastra Liska'vys: Ready to troll you. #EyelashGameStrong
    Dall Liska'vys (Jastra's sister): Looks glamorous, but is actually an antisocial slob who sits on her computer all day, eating space cheetos and talking to rebels on the deep web
    Koskit Sol'lon: Perpetually on the verge of composing his own villain song
    Zikri Liska'vys (Jastra’s mom): Businesswoman. Kind but sad. Has more of the “traditional” Bothan look, whereas Jastra suffers from anime protagonist syndrome

12. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    The disease is real, make sure you know the symptoms before risking the wellbeing of you or your loved ones.

13. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    More commissions!

[​IMG]

Fenn (left) is a Jedi padawan, and Sayar (right) is a racer-turned-Y-Wing-pilot.

14. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Stop. Wookiee time!

[​IMG]

His name is Kit Kat. He was supposed to be a joke in our campaign but instead he married my character's sister [​IMG]

Kahara, Mitth_Fisto and Darth Ukendt like this.
  15. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Tyrran portrait

[​IMG]

16. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Acaciathorn I love your art. Great job. Your coloring is amazing. What program do you use to color? Do you use a Wacom Tablet? Your line art is also very interesting. It's not something I've seen before. I look forward to seeing more from you.

17. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Thanks Ryuuri-chan!

I draw my lineart in Opencanvas 4.5e, and I use Photoshop CS3 to color. My tablet is an old school Wacom Graphire 4.

18. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    I didn't draw this, but...

[​IMG]

Jastra, more realistic

Got this from REYKAT, who I adoooooore \( ̄▽ ̄)/

Kahara and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  19. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Our crew is currently stuck on an Imperial penal colony after our recent bank heist went horribly awry....Jastra's raking in the dough as the town's only doctor, but she could really, really use a bath. She dyed her fur black for the heist job, and it's starting to wash off. Unevenly.

Naturally I was compelled to draw this.

[​IMG]

Also: we have a new person in our campaign! Josh, who plays Lok:

[​IMG]

Kain's player Keith had to leave, and Myria's player Haley is on (indefinite?) hiatus for her senior year of college. We might get another person soon since our group members are dropping like flies. *silent tear*

Kahara, Darth Ukendt and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  20. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Left: Great Aunt Tabetha - Jastra's overbearing, pseudoscience-spouting great aunt, with her giant fugly whisker mole.
    Right: Jastra's dad, Tosk Liska'vys, before he disappeared when she was a kid.
    Dall looks just like him...Jastra got the recessive genes in the family, lol
    WTF why does he have Jesus hair

[​IMG]

Kahara, Darth Ukendt and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  21. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Finally colored this one!

[​IMG]

Lars is an alcoholic con artist and charming ne'er-do-well, whose exploits include starting a religious cult, passing off a piece of garbage as a rare sculpture, and leading a blind guy into a hole for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Oh, right - he's also my girl Jastra's best friend and adopted brother. She sure does know how to pick 'em.

Anyway, we're currently stuck on an Imperial penal colony, and he's planning to prison shank the dude who killed his father. Nothing but the classiest adventures for our crew

22. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    I drew The Crew™ as a bunch of douchebags at a club

[​IMG]

From left to right: Tyrran, Jastra, Lars, Lok, and Myria
    We are such a$$holes [​IMG]

23. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

On a whim, I decided to draw a Bothan with fur like a Russian Blue cat...then I added a second character, and wham: design concepts for no reason whatsoever.

Trask (brother): charismatic, brash, and a bit dangerous. He's a hedonist and an adrenaline junkie who will try pretty much anything once. Having rejected his family's wealth, he moves from odd job to odd job and is frequently in trouble with the law for petty offenses. He's obsessed with sensory experiences and is way into extreme sports. People assume he's the type of guy who never forms attachments, but that's incorrect: he cares deeply about his family, especially his sister and mother. He seems to really, really like women, and not in a lecherous way - like genuinely, as people (which probably explains his small army of platonic female friends).
    Aravys (sister): intelligent, elegant, reserved. She seems cold and detached at first glance, but she's actually a kind-hearted person who reflects very deeply on her thoughts and actions. In addition to being a favorite among the high society crowd, Aravys is a gifted mathematician and is currently working on a new Astrogation program designed to push the boundaries of galactic exploration. She adores her brother and is always pulling strings behind the scenes to keep him out of trouble. Aravys has a dark secret that causes her great sadness, but she will never, ever tell anyone - not even Trask.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Kahara, Darth Ukendt and Gamiel like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some people look like they want to get punched in their face :p

Any idea what they would wear in-universe when they go clubbing?

25. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    LOL, well...
    Tyrran would probably just wear his civvies. Standard pants and a shirt, 'cause he's boring like that.
    Jastra has two main modes when it comes to fashion: 'ugly outdoor wear' and 'hoochie mama', so she might actually wear a dress like the one in the pic. [​IMG]
    Lars usually wears a bulky smuggler's coat with like 52345355 hidden pockets, but he actually has worn a pimp suit before. At a wedding. Of course, that one was hot pink, but hey...gotta mix things up from time to time. ;)
    Lok almost never takes off his Mandalorian armor (I'm convinced he sleeps in it), so he'd probably go with that.
    Myria typically rocks outrageous gowns and robes, so she could probably pull off a super sparkle dress. Maybe something a little classier, though...

~*Mara*~ = ^.^ =

Gamiel likes this.