main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gallery Bothan fanart! Aaaand some other species too

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Acaciathorn, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You say that as if hot pink suits had not been fashion the last two decades in bothan space :p

I can see a clothes shopping expedition in their future, of no other reason then Jastra & Myria not wanting them to embarrass them :p

Classier you said... maybe something with ruff?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm actually serious here, I have in the back of my mind a street fashion style I call B.roqers, which can be described as Baroque and rococo fashion as a modern (for SW) street style.

2. Acaciathorn

Acaciathorn Jedi Master star 1

Jul 19, 2015
    Oooh....a ruff. Classy in the extreme~

It is basically impossible to embarrass Jastra. She and Lars once sat in a room and gleefully ate an entire box of edible underwear that they'd found aboard their newly stolen ship. She doesn't give a flying crap what anyone wears, unless it's so outlandish that she can make fun of it.
    But yeah, we're definitely going to need a shopping trip once we get out of prison...our current clothing is disgusting and ruined.

Darth Ukendt likes this.
  3. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

I'm drawing Sullustans now...what is my life [​IMG]

This weird little guy is yet another NPC from our campaign. He's Jastra's assistant/student at the prison clinic...which basically translates to 'office bitch', since he gets stuck with all the worst tasks, like scrubbing bloody floors and carrying the buckets of piss that Jastra distills into ammonia and phenol.

Life on a penal colony, everyone.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Darth Ukendt likes this.
  4. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Some more sketches

Lars got a new bird:

[​IMG]

Linwood's daughter. She's a force-sensitive captive we rescued from the Nightsisters on Dathomir. We got her dad killed while trying to take revenge on the guy who killed Lars's father, so she's feeling a bit down at the moment.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  5. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    "Smoke and Mirrors"

[​IMG]

Keep your secrets. I'll give you mine.

Poor Jastra always wants what she can't have.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Darth Ukendt and Gamiel like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "Three may keep a Secret, if two of them are dead."
    - old bothan saying.

7. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    =D=

8. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    I had major surgery in late October (I've been sick for four years, and it got to the point where I had to have an organ removed, or die). This was the final picture I posted the night before my operation, with the caption "should I die tomorrow during surgery, I can rest peacefully knowing that this was my final artistic legacy upon this earth." My friend Tim, the recipient of the gag gift, was not amused. Everyone else in the group lost their friggin minds

[​IMG]
    Tyrran x Utri 5ever [face_love]

Gamiel likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh dear, I hope you are felling better.

10. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    I'm facing a new set of challenges now, but yes, my health is improving. ^_^

Gamiel likes this.
  11. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    While we were attempting to escape from Dathomir, Lars got pulled into some pretty trippy darkness generated by the leader of the Nightsisters. I really liked our GM's description of the thorns and trees in his hallucination, so I decided to color my earlier sketch to match the scene.

[​IMG]

12. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Sharo, a half-Chiss prisoner that my character Jastra rescued during our escape from Dathomir

13. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Commission set for one of my favorite clients, an Australian roleplayer who's super generous and friendly. Here's his Bothan racer character, Sayar Kal'ir:

[​IMG]

14. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya.

Wanted to remark that you have been producing some beautiful pieces. Really feel some of the emotion you have captured for some of them. I also checked some of your other works and you welcome to post some of you non-Star Wars works in here too :)

15. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Really? OK! I guess I can share some art of my other RPG character (I also play in a Harry Potter campaign with some of the same people from our Star Wars game).

My character is a Hufflepuff named Isadora Shearwater. She's very, very different from Jastra (who would most definitely be a Slytherin :cool:). Isadora is a half-blood whose wizard father used the Obliviate spell on her muggle mother, so she's understandably conflicted about her heritage. Despite her insecurity and low self-esteem, she's kind, polite, hard-working, and eager to please, and she's a natural at transfiguration. She likes animals and wants to become an animagus. She's good at working out interpersonal conflicts, mostly because she's willing to place the needs of others above her own. A solemn child, Isadora possesses a form of magical synesthesia which causes her to hear sad music when she looks at the stars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've done full-color portraits of every player character and EVERY SINGLE CLASSMATE in this campaign...you can view the full folder HERE if you're interested. ^_^

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  16. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    "Are You F-ckin Kidding Me"

[​IMG]

Jastra expressing my feelings about 2016

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Darth Ukendt likes this.
  17. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [redacted by the Bothan Spynet]

Darth Ukendt likes this.
  18. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Edge of the Empire has a feature called "Obligation" which represents a debt a character owes, or a force which drives their life. This is the first in a series of four drawings depicting the Obligations of the player characters.

[​IMG]

Lars's Obligation is alcohol addiction. He witnessed his father's murder at a young age, and the trauma started him down a path of crime and substance abuse. At the beginning of the campaign, he had virtually no empathy and no meaningful connections with other people. He was a drifter and a con artist, wandering from place to place, caring for nothing beyond his next meal and his next fix. The only thing that kept him from being truly evil was his own profound apathy. Lars's life changed after meeting my character Jastra, a street doctor and fellow outrageous liar; over time, the two of them forged a deep bond, and she repaid his friendship by adopting him into her clan. They consider each other brother and sister and are devoted partners in crime. While the crew was imprisoned on Dathomir, Jastra helped Lars take revenge on the man who murdered his father. He cut off the dude's head, and Jastra made the skull into a drinking cup. So yeah, here he is, bathed in booze and the blood of his enemies. I swear he's a nice guy, though! [​IMG]

Darth Ukendt likes this.
  19. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Here's part 2 in my series of drawings depicting the Obligations of the player characters.

Jastra isn't from Bothawui - she's from the tropical colony world of Kothlis. Bothan culture is all about playing The Great Game - spying, character assassination, power-grab alliances, prolonged and masterful deceit...whatever it takes to get ahead. Unfortunately for Jastra, her clan is 'unregistered', meaning that she and her family have no political capital and few prospects for advancement. Jastra's mom operates a tourist resort on Kothlis, where they cater to (and spy on) the rich and powerful, without ever having access to wealth or influence themselves.

Jastra's Obligation is her debt to Koskit, who she met at the age of 8, when his rich-ass family began taking their summer vacations at her resort. They became friends almost immediately and spent subsequent summers getting into all sorts of mischief together. The bond of trust they developed was a heady, intense experience for two kids raised in such a paranoid society - it was especially important to Jastra, because he was the only 'person of quality' to ever treat her like she mattered. As the two of them became adults, however, the dynamics of their relationship changed. Koskit grew more and more distant as he took his place within the family business - he became a master spy and accomplished slicer, and at some point, he joined an alien crime syndicate. Jastra was unable to overcome her fun-loving, chaotic nature, and she drifted from interest to interest, accruing skills but mastering none.

Nowadays, Koskit continues to support Jastra financially and politically, but he rarely reveals his secrets. In exchange, she acts as his agent in the field, gathering intel and performing dangerous tasks. Koskit is everything Jastra wishes she could be - ruthless, brilliant, calculating, and hella f-cking rich. She is fanatically devoted to him and would do pretty much anything to secure his approval and affection. Her antics seem to amuse him, but it remains to be seen whether he genuinely loves her, or whether he just views her as a particularly useful piece in his game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  20. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    Here comes part 3!

[​IMG]

Lok's Obligation is Collateral Accountability. Before he joined our crew, he worked as a member of a security force on a frontier planet. He was pretty popular among his comrades because of his willingness to take on risky missions and put his own safety on the line to protect his men. During his time there, a war broke out among the local gangs, and his entire unit was ambushed during a routine sweep one night. The situation was dire, and Lok was forced to take drastic measures to save his friends. He set fire to a nearby gas-line to cover their escape...but it caused an enormous explosion and firestorm that took out several city blocks and crippled nearby factories. Lok's comrades made it out alive, but the fallout from the disaster was massive. Lok took responsibility for the "stray shot" and resigned his post, effectively ending his career. Unfortunately, someone lost a lot in that explosion, and now they're gunning for him...

21. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    I was never satisfied with the portrait of Tyrran I did back in July, so I decided to try again. Aaaand then I added Lok:

[​IMG]

And here's Linwood's daughter Emilina, the force-sensitive girl we rescued from Dathomir. She's been around long enough now to be considered an Important NPC™

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  22. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

As our crew's combat medic, Jastra has seen a lot of blood and gore in her life. She's not bothered by dead bodies or wounds or illness; she performs surgeries and autopsies without batting an eye. Nevertheless, she hates seeing people die, and she was deeply traumatized by the carnage she witnessed during our escape from Dathomir. Every night she dreams of walking the battlefield, alone and lost, unable to save the people she cares about.

23. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Aesthetic: Lisa Frank meets life of crime. [​IMG]

Jastra and Lars. Truly, they are the most upstanding of galactic citizens - definitely not planning something shady, right now, at this very moment.

Darth Ukendt, pronker and Gamiel like this.
  24. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Looking quite stylish.

Drinking from the skull of their enemy? Or the Blood of Kali (from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)?

25. Acaciathorn

Jul 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Colored that pic of wounded Tyrran

Darth Ukendt likes this.