main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bothan Jedi? .......and Chewies' son.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tsavong_Lah, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    This is really two questions I wanted to ask about. Heres the first one.

I was reading that article about whos who in the NJO in SW Insider. You know the one that posted all those "unknown" human jedi and failed to even feature Bela, Krasov, or Tesar. Im still bitter about that... :( , but anyway...

After seeing all those human jedi it made me wonder if I have ever read about any Bothan jedi. I don't believe their ever has been one. Strange, makes me wonder if the bothans lack the ability to use the force. Haven't heard of any Transdoshans, Sullustans, Gotals, or Ithorians being Jedi. You would expect that some would have been jedis by now. Especially Sullustans with their innate ablilities, and Gotals too. Strange.

I would like to see everyones theories on the subject.

The second think I wanted to ask was back in Agents of chaos I believe it was mentioned that Chewies son(I forgot the name, so embarassed) and Lowie wanted to join Han and take up the Life dept thing. I think it also mentioned that they were operating together during that time. Then in SbS Lowies around again but no Chewie Jr.

I just wanted to what you think happened to him? Maybe they just forgot ?[face_plain] .

2. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    There is a line in Ruin or Onslaught where Luke is about to adress the Jedi on Yavin 4.

"Luke looked around and saw equal numbers of both sexes and many species [this species, that species] and a few Bothan Jedi.

I think it was Chapter 3 in Onslaught.
    Don't know `bout the other stuff.

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes there are a few bothan traines as Illuminuis pointed out. Back in the Old Republic Im sure there were more. As gor chewie jr. i dont even remember chewie having a kid.

4. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Yeeeesssssss

It's all coming back, Chewie did have a son. At Chewbacca's rememberance, Chewie's family (which Lowbacca is part of) wanted Chewie Jr to replace Chewie senior. Han convinced them to give him time and he would come to...the Wookie homeworld (I won't bother) and pick him up.
    He has been avoiding... the Wookie homeworld since.

DROMA: The nearest system is [The Wookie homeworld]

HAN: Oh no! i would rather stay away from there.

DROMA: If it is about Chewbacca...

HAN: No, it's just his family and the life debt thing.

Not word for word but something like that from Jedi Eclispe.

5. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Hmm. I don't remember reading any Bothan Jedi (students or otherwise) references in Dark Tide Onslaught. Can anyone provide a page site?

I have this: "Just seeing the Jedi there - good mix of humans and non-humans, male and female - peeled back the years . . ." " The left side of the room held nearly two-thirds of the adult Jedi and half of the nonhumans. On the right side, along with Corran, Luke recognized Streen and several others who had staunchly opposed Kyp's stance." (DTO @ 28)

I hope we get to see a Bothan Jedi soon too. Is the new LucasArts Galaxies game allowing for that possibility? I'd agree that we're about due for a Bothan Jedi. My only concern is, if the Bothan Jedi is set in the NJO period, how would Borsk Fey'lya have tried to take advantage of that individual prior to the events of SBS? To me, Borsk's (attempted) influence is reasonably foreseeable.

As for Sullustan Jedi, I can think of one: Darrin Arkanian, who was a Jedi Master during the Prequel period and trained Corwin Shelvay. Arkanian was killed by High Inquisitor Tremayne while rescuing Shelvay.

The following spelling is probably wrong, but "T'larean Larn" is a Sullustan Force Adept on Gelgalar aspiring to be a Jedi Knight in the Star Wars Adventure Journals; he's learning from the Wise Man of Kooroo, a fallen Jedi Knight (Bornan Thule???). Jean Rabe is Larn's creater and she is a long time presence in the RPG community as well as a name to watch for in general. It's a little surprising to me that we haven't seen more stories featuring Larn.

There is Gotal Jedi Knight featured in the Tales of the Jedi comics and Tales of the Jedi Sourcebook. However, I take it "Gotals as Jedi" are a rare thing since Gotals experience pain whenever they are around creatures strong in the Force. The Force somehow negatively affects the sensitivity of their head cones.

I was pretty excited to see the Barabel Jedi in Denning's work! I hope the authors to come will have similar surprises!

6. Ana Vitorrian

Mar 2, 1999
    Almost forgot, in Barbara Hambley's Children of the Jedi, there are two Ithorian Jedi children that Leia sees in one of her visions of Plett's Fortress. It appears to be a vision of the past. Their fates are unknown.

7. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Jedi Bothan at WotC's website. I'll find him in a sec.

Here ya go.

8. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    [image=http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/species_images/bothanfemale.jpg]

From the Galaxies website

9. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    First off, the name of Chewie's son was Lumpawarump. After rescuing Han in Tyrant's Test, he chose the name Lumpawaroo, with "Waroo" as the familiar, whatever that is.

As for Bothan Jedi, I do know that some of the trainees rescued in Conquest were Bothans. Personally, I'd be very skeptical about Bothan Jedi. If they act like Borsk, then I'd trust them as far I'd throw them.

10. Ana Vitorrian

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks JediAlly!

I do have an unnamed Bothan Jedi student in my notes, but not from DTO. So I was curious where that DTO observation that some fellow readers noticed came from.

I'll be running through another review of the Edge of Victory books soon. So I'll keep an eye out in both the Dark Tide and EoV books on the next pass through. (FYI, my EoV notes have Conquest @ 47 regarding the Bothan student).

Aside request, any help would be appreciated - I've asked this before with no responses, but has anybody come across any references to the "Vrassh" in any books other than Zahn's Hand of Thrawn duology?

At one time, I thought I did see another "Vrassh" reference, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's purely a Zahn original species. I'm not even sure if the "Vrassh" are alien or human, but I'm assuming alien.

11. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Thanks to everyone!

I had totally forgotten about that reference in DT.

Thanks JediAlly for the help with Waroo's name.

and Ani Vitorrian too for all those examples. Sorry I can't remember the Vrassh to good can you describe them.

I hope Waroo shows up in the NJO. Maybe he'll have a life dept to Jaina or Jacen or something.

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Warro was in HT. He and Lowbacca tried to force Chewie's life debt as their own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.