main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bothans

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ZEM, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Did any Bothans appear on-screen in the Classic Trilogy? (Sorry if this has been discussed before).

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    No, no Bothans appeared on-screen.

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    and even once they did in the EU, artists couldn't make up their mind on how exactly they looked, canine or um... goat-like. Or something :p

4. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Many Bothans died...to bring us this information...

5. Cloudreaper

Cloudreaper Jedi Master star 2

Mar 2, 1999
    Of course, depending on what EU you might accept, that line may have been "Manny Both-Hanz died..." (Manny being a rebel spy and Mon Mothma's lover (or, at least, someone really close). :p

Back in the old days, in the old BBS/rec.arts.scifi days, people often assumed that Pruneface (or Orrimaarko, as he's now officially known) was a Bothan, given his emphasis as a figure with barely any screen time. But, nope, no Bothans in ROTJ, short bus version or not. As much as I generally stand behind the 'no more tampering' crowd, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Bothans added to that scene (heck, a few more alien pilots wouldn't hurt... it seems like by the ROTJ period, the Alliance realized it needed to reach out beyond the majority human population to win).

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Nope, none on screen. Images from comics and stuff, though, in the EU if you really want to see them.

TLJ, for some reason I remember even seeing one image of a Bothan that was somewhat feline... but I don't know where that was from. Mostly canine, though.

7. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I remember even seeing one image of a Bothan that was somewhat feline... but I don't know where that was from. Mostly canine, though.
    I would say more feline than canine, but with humanoid bodies.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothan

8. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

=D=

9. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I was aware of the Bothans appearing in the EU, as even though I no longer read EU books or comics, I have read a few before.

I was just wondering if they appeared on screen... "Many Bothans died to bring us this information..." lol [face_laugh]

"It was I who allowed the Rebel Alliance to know of this battle station!" :oops:

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ha ha, yup... poor Bothans died for nothing...

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends up there on the Sanctuary Moon... are walking into a trap. As is your Rebel fleet! It was I who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them."

11. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Ha ha, yup... poor Bothans died for nothing...

Not really. Palpatine, in his arrogance, did give them the correct plans.

"The Bothans were famously credited with stealing the plans to the second Death Star during the Battle of Korriban, enabling the Rebel Alliance to destroy the battlestation. They played a large role in the founding of the New Republic and in the development of its government. "

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    True, he did give them correct plans (but they did not steal them)... and they did play a vital role. It just seems ironic for the ones that didn't make it. :p

13. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Korriban? o_O Wow, a little game with a ridiculous idea gets all the credit now? Whatever happened to the Suprosa and Kothlis? Ugh.

14. X-Factor

X-Factor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    I always thought Ponda Boba was a Bothan but I guess not. He's an aqualish.

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    No bothans seen onscreen. They didn't even have at least one shown in the PT iirc..

16. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Yeah. People thought the cab driver in the reinserted scene in TPM was a Bothan, but he's not. Whatever the hell he is.

17. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    tlj that was in aotc. and i remember that scene it didn't almost look like a bothan why because bothan have no horns.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's a TPM deleted scene which was reincorporated into the film for the DVD release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.