main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Bound and determined ...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by huttese1138, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    To generate a little group excitement and unification on the board through the spring and summer heading into CV (if you couldn't tell from the posts ? most I've made in a few years). Though I guess it's not exactly spring up there for most of you. Gotta love the weather down here.

I'll be stopping by each day to try and put something up. Hope some of you old-timers (you know who you are) get in the act.

2. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    It's all good....at least Mike still checks the boards.

3. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Steve, you working or getting a chance to watch this US-Canada hockey game?

4. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I'm watching....

5. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Where's this play been from Rafalski during the first half of the season with the Wings?

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Seriously....

7. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I think the issue with the Wings has been, the veterans...even Lidstrom, have lost a step. I don't know if it's motivation or just skills deteriorating from age or what, but they have definitely lost something. And all the young players, the depth guys every pundit was raving about during the past two Stanley Cup playoffs, have not stepped up to fill in that gap whether due to injury or just plain failure to perform on the ice. So in a year we were going to be down a little anyways, we got hit with a double whammy of too many injuries and bad performances. The bright spot's been Jimmy Howard, who has stepped up thanks to management finally giving him his shot.

We're gonna get the 8th seed, if we make the playoffs, and are probably headed for a 2nd round exit. But this was a year something like that was going to happen anyways. Retool and regroup.

8. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm very happy to see the some familiar faces here. :)
    I was in the room while Jon watched a few of the Olympic hockey games. I know the guy Dustin mentioned from the Red Wings scored two goals and assisted on a third, and that's the beginning and end of my knowledge of the game. I can't watch hockey on TV, as makes me dizzy and queasy. I did go to a Red Wings game last year, and I absolutely loved it. Yeah, just babbling now.

9. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    That's better than watching it with most of the rednecks down here. I think high school softball is more popular than hockey or the Winter Olympics in the South. If I have to explain icing and offsides one more time ...

10. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Nice to see you too, Chapter rep......thought you had abandoned us altogether :p

11. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Every time I try to quit, they pull me back in. :p

12. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    ooohhh, that's a good one. :D

13. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    Here I am now. Entertain me. :p