main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Bound By Honor

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, Nov 14, 2016.

1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Elaiess Ta'en

The off-worlder noticed her gaze and offered a faint smile in regards to her own acknowledgement of his presence. He seemed stressed and had obviously been just as in deep of thought as her. She briefly wondered what had been troubling him, but quickly decided it was none of her business. She had heard rumors that he left a family behind wherever he was from, but she wasn't sure how true that was. People spoke a lot, especially in a small town, there wasn't much else new to discuss and when this off-worlder crashed, it was definitely something new.

“Evening, I hope…I wasn’t disturbing you.” The man started with a kind voice and switched hands with his walking stick, in a show of politeness.

The young samurai wasn't expecting a conversation, especially with him seeming as troubled as he appeared. "Oh," she murmured and shook her head. "No, you are no trouble." She replied back in a quiet manner. She wasn't the best with conversations. Elaiess took a small breath, hoping not to come off as rude. She wasn't sure exactly what he was used to in way of conversing traditions. "I hope you find the answer you seek." She said with finality, not wanting to step on his toes, but to show that she had good intention. Samurai, she was, but it was also pretty easy to read that he was uneasy. He was clearly struggling with some kind of decision. The young woman inclined her head and looked back at the dueling samurai, watching their fight.

Tag: HanSolo29, Darth_Elu, Darth Rozic

HanSolo29 and Darth_Elu like this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Yamabushi Benkei IC:
    ~Yirojo Estate, Shinjei~

Benkei merely continued his passive memorization of the scene before and around him. The older man took it all in, felt its serenity, and let it flow out from him again to disperse into the surrounding scenery and those nearby. The Force was wondrous as it always was, if only it could be seen in peace time like this only.

From the battle in Midori-no-Songen Forest and the ideas of marriage ringing around in his mind, there was much to preoccupy him and it did to some degree. But just letting the scenery relax him helped him from becoming too stressed or losing sight of what was going on.

The man next to him, the rumored off-worlder that he heard so much about, nodded to the woman samurai close to him after finishing his own ruminations. It seemed to help the young woman conclude her own as she turned her focus upon him.

"Evening, I hope…I wasn't disturbing you."

The man also shifted a walking stick of his out of respect for her, which was nice to see. Generosity in action reflected generosity of mind. He shifted his own ornate walking stick for comfort as he remained standing where he was.

"Oh. No, you are no trouble." A pause. "I hope you find the answer you seek."

The fact that she noticed the off-worlder's discomfort was no surprise. She was samurai, such keen observation was to be expected. But Benkei could also easily tell she was uncomfortable in her own way. Conversations were clearly not something she wielded as well as her blade, judging by how she responded and looked back to the teenagers.

Looking over at the two teens as well, he opened his mouth to respond to the man and woman for the first time as well.

"I hope you find it as well. But that same sentiment goes to you as well, Miss…?" He trailed off as to show he did not know her name.

Though he smiled warmly as he glanced over at them again fully, switching tracks politely as he waited for her to respond. "I am Yamabushi Benkei, a pleasure to meet you both. I see there is another who understands the simple joys of a walking stick here too."

Tag: spacelady HanSolo29

spacelady and HanSolo29 like this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Yama Hinoki
    Kangyuen Estate, Hireolshi

"Do not worry about Byunaatse-laosan." Fu'ral-laosan said in reply to Hinoki's statements about their male counterpart. "He is QUITE used to female warriors. I have sparred with him many times. He is a very understanding individual in that regard." The senfu pressed a knuckle to her lips. Her eyes were directed downwards thinking. It had been sometime since she'd spared with a man, those times she was proving a point. That women could fight just as well as men, and that Nèizài Diyu Diildeshgüi-ryu could hold its own against the other styles. She would find it somewhat liberating to spar with a man and not have so much weight on it. She could actually find some fun in it for once. It had also been a while since she faced someone who wasn't a student of hers. Someone she'd watched for hours in training, that knew their traits and habits in combat. That would be another thing to do once she was a true samurai, spar with the other Byunaatse. "But as a new Samurai, I thought it best that you meet it under your own terms. So I will say nothing unless you wish it." Onni gave the woman a bow.

"Thank you Fu'ral-laosan." Hinoki replied with a bow of her own. "I don't know how long I will keep it a secret but, I will take what you say under advisement."

She listened to the other woman as she described her day, Yama-senfu's face darkened a little hearing about the Demon's Whisper Disease. What surprised her was the somewhat nonchalant way the healer spoke about it, as if it was just a normal part of her day. Well she guessed that maybe it was for her but, dealing with such deadly diseases was well outside the teacher's abilities. The inner strength of her must be a thing to behold, and Hinoki would be interested in seeing it for herself.

Hinoki flicked her ears back and forth trying to hear what Fu'ral-laosan did, the noise that caused her to smile. The older woman returned it, though unsurely, like laughing at a joke you didn't get but, you laugh anyway so as not to be left out.

"Yes it is good to be here as well, I look forward to learning more about you all. There is so much to learn it has been a long time since I was a student but, I'm ready to learn again." She looked to the door then gestured with her hand. "Should we rejoin the others? They might begin to wonder what is taking us." A genuine smile bloomed on her face. She wouldn't mind just staying and talking with Onni, maybe putting on some tea but, their fellows may come looking for them.

TAG: Ktala Darth_Elu

Ktala and Darth_Elu like this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Orin Mattac
    Yirojo Estate, Shinjei

The young woman appeared somewhat startled at the sound of his voice, causing Orin to blush. The samurai were a very admirable people, and he did not wish to disturb her. Still, whether it was out of respect or pity, she set aside her apprehension to engage him in conversation.

"Oh, no, you are no trouble,” she relented with a shake of her head. It was in that moment that Orin surmised that she was simply being kind. He angled his head down with a feeble smile. There was a favorable pause before she spoke again, this time surprising him with her words: "I hope you find the answer you seek."

“What I seek…” he repeated in a near whisper, his brows beetling with a hint of confusion. “But how did—?”

His question remained unanswered for now; a second voice – one much more gravelly and wiser – soon joined the conversation. "I hope you find it as well,” he conveyed in an amiable tone. Orin turned and regarded the older man carefully. He did not immediately recognize this newcomer, but it was clear by his dress and the way he held himself, that he was a samurai as well. Instinctively, he dipped his head and bowed to show his respects.

“I thank you, Laosan,” he uttered with reverence. Again, he fumbled over the title, but hoped the meaning held true.

The old samurai acknowledged the woman and introduced himself with a warm smile before something in Orin’s possession seemed to pique his interest. “I see there is another who understands the simple joys of a walking stick here too."

He shifted with embarrassment before brandishing the walking stick so that it was now resting in front of him, his fingers now picking idly at the ornate handle. “It’s a subtle reminder of my journey,” he offered with a rueful smile. He tapped his right foot with the tip of the stick. “Unfortunately, my leg doesn’t work as well as it used to.”

With a scoff, he shook his head and finally lifted his gaze so that he was looking directly at the older man. “I’m Dr. Orin Mattac,” he relayed evenly, his eyes passing over the young woman briefly before noting the others gathered in the garden. “But I suppose everyone knows that by now, being the famous ‘offworlder’ and all.”

TAG: spacelady; Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu and spacelady like this.
  5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: My most sincere apologies, Dragonsith! For some reason I had gotten it in my head that I had already replied to your last post and just noticed this morning that I had not! Aiee! *bows in apology before moving to correct the mistake*

Xaitchi Kloppa IC:
    ~Torawei Estate, Darksahn Gol~

The silent arkanian gave him a slight glance then returned to gazing at the sky, something he could appreciate at the least. What with his own love of the stars.

"You forget to sometimes just look up." The man stated suddenly, his voice soft and composed.

Kloppa quietly moved over to the railing a couple of feet away from the man, leaning against himself now and doing just that. Looking up and letting out long exhale of the frustration still pent up inside. Couldn't help it.

"I often gaze at the night sky," he admitted after a moderate pause, "though I suppose I've forgotten to do so this night."

The zabrak didn't offer up the fact that he felt continually drawn to the beyond that held the stars. Its pull, lead by 'The Beam', s intoxicating to him. Couldn't as he didn't know the man well enough. But it was there, in the back of his mind now that attention upon the subject had been returned.

"How often?" he asked suddenly. "How often do you look up at them I mean."

Tag: dragonsith13

dragonsith13 likes this.
  6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onni Fu'ral
    ~Kangyuen Estate, Hireolshi~

As Onni smiled, she could feel a certain bit of 'smugness' within the immediate area. Ton'da. He was very happy with himself. As Onni felt that within the Force, Hinoki continued to speak.

"Yes it is good to be here as well, I look forward to learning more about you all. There is so much to learn it has been a long time since I was a student but, I'm ready to learn again." Hinoki looked to the door then gestured with her hand. "Should we rejoin the others? They might begin to wonder what is taking us." A smile bloomed on the woman's face.

Onni smiled in return. "Indeed. Im sure Ton'da has kept Byunaatse-laosan busy. I should go and rescue him." Onni laughed softly. "But perhaps later, we can just sit and talk. If not tonight, perhaps after our shopping trip. I move about so much, I seldom get a chance to simply sit and talk. Except with my patients. It would be good to simply relax and talk." Onni gave a slight nod of her head. "If you do not mind, of course."

With that, Onni gracefully turned, and headed in the way Hinoki had gestured, heading back out to where they had left Kaifen and Ton'da. Once they made it back outside, Onni noticed that Kaifen was no longer alone. The woman from the rooftop had joined him. And Ton'da was happily laying nearby.

"I hope we didnt take too long." Onni spoke in greeting, as she addressed the both of them.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422, Darth_Elu

7. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Hinoki smiled bowing her head.

"I wouldn't mind at all Fu'ral-laosan. It would be nice to have some time to ourselves." She follows the samurai out to the courtyard finding Byunaatse-laosan petting Ton'da. The creature looked quite happy with himself. This scene brought another smile to her face. She had come to this place with more than little fear she was in an unknown place far away from her home and everyone she knew. It was nice to find a person she could talk to without fear of making a fool of herself. "I'm just the opposite, I spend most of my time at my school teaching my students. I spend most of my free time relaxing on my own. It'll be nice to share that time with some good company. It has been too long since I've done that." In fact the last time she'd have a long talk with someone was with the woman Seiji and Yukimura brought her to after finding her near the wreckage of her family's skycar.

She shook her head bashing the thoughts of the past. Those days were long behind her now, she had a new life and new purpose. Hinoki looked to the young woman that now joined Byunaatse-laosan. She gave a slight bow relishing in the freedom of movement she now had thanks to Fu'ral-laosan.

"Hello I'm Yama Hinoki," she said addressing the new comer. "I'm sorry I didn't notice you earlier, what's your name?" Looking her over she looked like one of Hinoki's students. Young with an inner fire that was apparent in the way she stood. She would be interested to learn more about this young girl.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  8. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Sato Izanami
    Main Zhaoichi Estate, Edokura

Izanami stared openly, unabashedly, at the others. It had been a strange few days but this calm and seemingly normal meeting was another oddity for different reasons. Standing here in the rain and in the company of strangers she felt as if there was nowhere else she would rather be. Well… maybe not too out of the realm of possibility for the arkanian.

Her ghostly eyes searched the orokujin, master and student equally in turn, attempting to find anything familiar upon their faces to no avail. As when she had first laid eyes on them, they were still completely unknown to her. This didn’t mean the random group had nothing in common for it was apparent she was in the company of fellow samurai. Izanami knew well enough that she was of the lower rank here but it did not stop her from remaining at the water’s edge and closing the small space between herself and the older, grey-haired man.

Raising a brow in intrigue as she now realized he was miraluka, Izanami came to a halt as he turned to place his attentions directly upon her. She took in his bow and offered her own in return.

“A good evening to you,” he said in a light and pleasant tone, one that brought a small smile to her face.

“And to you,” Izanami replied over the steady downpour. Looking to the young boy at his side, she nodded once in his direction before resuming. “My apologies but I have only recently been stationed at the estate and do not recognize you or your student. Or your companion,” she added, looking to the orokujin. “Are you all assigned here as well?”

Izanami didn’t yet reveal her name; truthfully she did not know how much of her family’s past still clung to this place, if it did at all anymore.

TAGS: greyjedi125 bad_feeling_haver Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: The gears of fate now begin to make an important click as they turn…

Here we go everyone, hold onto your kimonos! [face_cowboy]

6:40 p.m.
    ~Zhaoichi Estate, Edokura~

As the four individuals continued to slowly and calmly interact with one another, Izanami's question hung in the air as the light rain fell. How much of her family's past still clung to this place indeed? The answer to such a simple, yet profound, question would have great ramifications. Big and small.

The other three had a few moments to contemplate their response and perhaps squeeze it in, because as they did so…destiny had begun to appear. Water flowed in all ways, it encompasses all emotions.

The quiet, serene trickle of pleasant meetings and conversation. The steady flow of one's daily routine, whether new or familiar.

Or the raging rapids of the instances in one's life that would alter you forever more.

Kyōkan noticed it first. A form flitting through the air from the direction of the perimeter wall, through the raindrops soundlessly, and evidently landing upon the roof. No noise, no outside disturbance. It was chance that he even noticed it at all. Then again, the dragons watched all. Was there truly such a thing as 'chance'?

Master Ash noticed the figure only a couple seconds after him. His natural Force sight and sense piercing the roof above to see the dark-clothed figure upon the tiles, as if getting their bearings. Just as they began to slowly scale further upwards on the roof, Izanami had her own senses tingling. Though she did not discern where initially, she felt it was close and it spelled DANGER.

Kel himself felt nothing, but the actions of the others would be easy enough to alert him to something going on.

Yes. Something that was far bigger than they would ever realize.

Tag: bad_feeling_haver, greyjedi125, & QueenSabe7

7:18 pm.
    ~Torawei Estate, Darksahn Gol~

The darkness coming from both the night and from the proximity of the mountains, permeated through everything despite the lit lanterns and Kloppa's question hung unanswered for a moment.

Stav seemed to take his time in replying, but it was also partially because of the fact that the darkness actually seemed to come from a third source.

Just pure darkness.

Having finished her first nightly samurai patrol with others, Ivy also arrived through the front gates at that moment, a couple levels below the other two. Ground level.

It was right then that another interruption occurred before she could do much else or the arkanian could formulate an actual response to the zabrak teenager.

An alarm. Sudden and blaring.

"INTRUDERS! TO ARMS! PROTECT THE KHAN!"

And so the alarm rang throughout the estate, echoing out into the city of Darksahn Gol and the lanterns seemed to brighten urgently to combat the night, frenzied footsteps sounding all around.

There were intruders. But who were they? What did they look like and how many? No time to wonder idly, it was time to find out!

And all the while, the gaze of the dragons peered closely.

Tag: dragonsith13, Myself (via Snokers), & Moonspun Dragon (You may now reply to the present time, though I want a response to your past scene as well. Hoping you can come around! PM me if you need any help whatsoever.)

8:48 p.m.
    ~Jeongbayar Estate, Zhenao~

Tactical perception. This was a phrase that could easily describe the observations of Callie. A messenger whose mind and capabilities were so much more than she was at that point in time. It was within a minute of replying to Seri'na about what was going on in the province and from the time that the feeorin woman, Akiva, nodded in response to the messenger.

"It is noted. Thank you for the message." Her words were simple enough, but her eyes and faint frown belied a disturbed spirit by the basic statement from the Chamberlain. That frown deepened at the further observation. It was something she was a little concerned about as well, though she hadn't voiced it.

But within that minute after that, just as Akiva moved to say something to her selonian friend, all three caught sight of something at the same moment.

A hooded figure, dressed in all black hiding anything discernible about their appearance, crouched atop the perimeter wall unmolested right next to their location. Their eyes weren't seen beneath the hood, but all of their gazes could be felt staring at one another as if in slow motion before anyone reacted.

Then, just like that, it all sped up again. In fact, it seemed like everything went into fast forward. An alarm was raised elsewhere in the estate just as the figure leapt up into the air, over and past them, and landed into a neat roll about fifteen feet beyond them. As they stood up, they attempted to run straight toward the heart of the estate.

The timing of the alarm also meant only one thing.

"Whoever they are, they are not alone!" cried Akiva as she moved to give chase. "Keep alert everyone!"

It would seem the Dragons did not bless them in the way they wished, but rather sought to test them to their limits this night.

Whether they would pass was up to them. And them alone.

Tag: HunterPrime, Myself (via A Blind Prophet), & Mitth_Fisto

9:05 pm.
    ~Yirojo Estate, Shinjei~

"The passage of time marks us all," Benkei nodded understandingly. It did not matter in what manner affected Orin's leg. It was all part of time nevertheless.

"I confess, while I have heard your name mentioned a few times, I never had a face to put with it. Most of the time lately, I have been in Edokura," the older samurai continued to explain with a small bow, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mattac-laosan. I am Yamabushi Benkei."

His eyes flitted up and over to the samurai woman as well, to hear her own response to the introductions. However, it was immediately after she had done so that his whole body went rigid. The dragon's touch was upon him! Something truly important had happened just now and it was not good.

Elaiess felt it too. Zching and Hitarai felt only a slight sensation and found it unpleasant, with a hint of fear, but would not be able to immediately place it. Dr. Mattic did not feel anything naturally. But their sudden tension caused the hairs of his neck to stand up suddenly.

For those who did not sense anything, it did not matter for long. Benkei, allowing the Force and his own instincts to take over, spun about to face the opposite direction of the deck. From around the corner, all he could see was a single hand poking from behind it, lying on the floor. Elaiess would see it an instant after him and the older man was already moving quickly toward it. Running all out, surprisingly swift for an older gentlemen. Samurai he was still.

They would find exactly what they feared. A Yirojo Guard. Slain. Blood pooling from the slit in his neck and it had happened only seconds ago. One could tell by their senses, the freshness of the body….and the dark clothed figure running away from them further down the deck, heading straight for a large shoji door!

"SOUND THE ALARM!" roared Benkei with all his senior authority. All samurai within the vicinity would hear him and spread it like wildfire. "WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!"

It was up to them to determine how many casualties there would be.

Tag: Myself (via Mikaboshi), spacelady, Darth Rozic, & HanSolo29

9:30 p.m.

"Not long at all," returned Kaifen in response to his zabrak friend, "The stars haven't gone yet."

The orokujin winked as he pet the dog's head a bit more, letting his gaze go between Hinoki and Kazue now as the women introduced themselves to one another.

"It's ok if you didn't notice me earlier. I was on the roof, so I was hard to spot," Kazue said simply with a shrug. Conversation came easier with a fellow woman she found.

"Greetings Yama-laosan. I'm…" she faltered for a moment. She had to introduce with her family name a second time this night. "Matsuoka Kazue."

The spite and anger put into her family name was obvious, though Kaifen didn't say anything. He could only wonder what inspired such a reaction from the girl….and why some of her fur was pink. Was that a thing these days?

"You are?" she asked Onni.

It was during this interaction, that something happened. Ton'da was the first to pick it up, his head raising and nose sniffing urgently. A growl suddenly emitted from his throat.

"Huh? What is it?" Kaifen asked with surprise.

The group's four-legged companion turned around abruptly, eyes and nose scanning the area. Hinoki would be the next to notice.

A figure in all black, obscuring any distinguishing physical features was creeping along, low to the ground to avoid detection and heading toward the estate buildings! Whoever they were, they paused for only the slightest moment as they realized eyes were beginning to be turned upon them.

Then they took off toward the estate even faster, their movement like a speeding arrow!

Tag: Myself, galactic-vagabond422, & Ktala

10:17 p.m.
    ~Akachen Estate, Qiang Lao~

Pyrrak allowed his thoughts to fester silently as he watched the woman's performance, not knowing he was also watched. But as the song came to an end, the fire extinguishing, it became all too apparent. But not from the woman.

The young orokujin Shrine Maiden that suddenly appeared racing toward him! The moment they landed heavily in front of him, that broad smile and odd gleam in their eyes, he already knew he was tempted to sweep their legs out from under them. What did she want?

Oh. He knew already. Young girls. Every time. Dragons why?

Her barrage of questions unleashed upon him in a flood and his fur nearly raised in irritation, not that it showed unfortunately, his arms folded though they were much tempted to do something else.

His response came out in his native tongue and just as quickly, but the nearby floating droid (not rare, but an uncommon sight on Xinsuke-ye) came to his rescue via translation.

"Master Pyrrak wishes you to back up at once…Are you sure, Master? That is awfully rude…"

The ewok glared in his direction. His 'cuteness' not doing anything to really give off any threatening vibes though. At least not to Ochitsukanai or Iori.

"He wishes you to know that he is an ewok, whether you care to believe it or not. And please…"

At that moment, Pyrrak spoke even faster in his language while Iori spoke as well, saying the same thing.

"Wait. Quiet for a minute, please." (Admittedly, there was no 'please' in the diminutive samurai's wording)

The Force was giving off a strong vibe just then. Not a good one. It took a few seconds after them, but all of a sudden the dangerous sensation washed over the Shrine Maiden like a cold wave as well.

Pyrrak instantly got his naginata into his hands and pointed straight at a nearby shoji door connected to the deck they were on. Iori enhanced the batons in her hand with the Force and threw with all her might.

They tore through the material of the door and a small clang was heard as they were deflected by apparent daggers on the other side.

"An intruder!" gasped the droid, Zinai.

That was when the alarm suddenly was raised from elsewhere to indicate there were others throughout the estate. The night had suddenly become very awake.

"Oh my, oh my…" muttered the droid as the samurai and shrine maiden suddenly stared straight at the figure who kicked down the door now. They were dressed in all black, giving no sign of their appearance or species away, brandished the dual daggers at them, and felt barely there at all in the Force.

How they reacted right then would be pivotal.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422 & Myself (via A Blind Prophet)

10. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Elaiess Ta'en

The off-worlder seemed rather taken aback, not in a bad way it seemed, just surprised, that she could tell he was troubled. She just watched him with a soft expression. Her intention wasn't to pry, but he did seem bothered by something, so maybe kind words would help ease him? Besides, he wasn't the only one troubled. And that's when Benkei, the older samurai, approached the two, fluidly joining in the conversation.

"I hope you find it as well. But that same sentiment goes to you as well, Miss…?" He said in acknowledgement.

She bent forward in a bow, to both the samurai and the off-worlder to show respect to them, both being of higher standings than her own. "Uh, my name is Ta'en Elaiess. An honor to finally be meeting the both of you." She spoke in a sincere voice and straightened again after a moment, hoping she wasn't sounding too forward. She was never the best at conversations anyhow as she preferred being away from other people.

"I am Yamabushi Benkei, a pleasure to meet you both. I see there is another who understands the simple joys of a walking stick here too."

“It’s a subtle reminder of my journey. Unfortunately, my leg doesn’t work as well as it used to.” He spoke with a sad smile and shook his head to return to the present. “I’m Dr. Orin Mattac, but I suppose everyone knows that by now, being the famous ‘offworlder’ and all."

Elaiess remained quiet, but did incline her head in agreement to his statement. His name had been shared throughout the province. That and the fact that he crashed on the surface were the only two things that seemed to be true about him, anything else was purely guess work and rumors. Benkei made a reply to his statement, and once again introduced himself. And that was when time froze for a moment.

Her chest clutched painfully and that strange tugging sensation in the root of her stomach that always hinted at something was now in full force. She nearly choked at the sudden and strong return of this pull, her eyes flashing to Benkei. He felt it too. And while the two younger men out in the courtyard didn't seem as affected by this feeling, they did seem to notice and stop their sparring. Her hand fell instantly to the hilt of her katana at her hip, the lightsaber untouched at the right side. The older samurai spun on his feet and the movement caught her eye. She followed his line of sight and spotted a lifeless hand in a pool of blood about the corner.

Elaiess watched Benkei rush to investigate and knew what she needed to do. She looked to Orin, the off-worlder. He was Khan's guest of honor and as it seemed, defenseless. Not wasting a moment longer, she quickly crossed the distance between the two of them and withdrew her katana, keeping her senses on alert and her eyes scanning the nearby area for a threat. She couldn't see who was killed, but it didn't entirely matter at the moment. She had her duty for the current point in time. Protect Dr. Orin Mattac.

"SOUND THE ALARM!" Benkei shouted with all his might. "WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!"

Panic rushed through her veins. Attack?! But who? No matter, she had to get him to safety, but where was safe in there were intruders? She looked to the younger samurai. "Go! Spread the word and find the intruders!"

Tag: HanSolo29, Darth_Elu, and Darth Rozic

11. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Tolin, ~Jeongbayar Estate, Zhenao~

Tolin nodded as Akiva thanked her for the message. But before any more words could be spoken, Callie spotted movement. Heads turned to notice a hooded figure, clothed in black crouched atop the perimeter wall next to them. It was as if time froze for a dragon's breath. Somewhere, an alarm was raised elsewhere in the estate. Callie's words just seconds before seemed to be coming to life. Dragon's Spit! The moment passed, the figure spied them as well. He suddenly moved with incredible speed, as the darkly dressed being leapt up into the air, over and past them, and landed into a neat roll about fifteen feet beyond them. Swiftly standing he attempted to run straight toward the heart of the estate. Akiva was the first to react. "Whoever they are, they are not alone!" she cried as she moved, most likely to follow the stranger. "Keep alert everyone!" "Yes!" Callie responded as she moved to follow Akiva. More might come over the wall, but they needed to make sure that the person that they just saw come over did not make it into the main estate.

Callie tracked the area around them. She might be able to cut the person off. That way, they would have to slow down to deal with them all. Once again, Callie called to the Force, and the strength of the Dragons to enhance her legs once more, as she surged forward. If there were trees about, she would use them to her advantage. There had been far too much death already. They must protect their Kahn at all cost. She extended her Force presense, trying to detect the intruder as she ran. There was something very strange going on here. Especially considering what had happened earlier. Could this perhaps be the same group that attacked the other group? The ones that left no bodies? Callie also kept track of Akiva and the others. She didnt want to get too far ahead. But if the chance rose where Callie could slow or stop the intruder, she would take it. Callie called her lightsaber to hand. Callie called to Akiva, being the closest to her. "Take care. These warriors are not normal." she called to her. Callie was sure of it. They would find out soon. As Callie reached out within the force, she hoped that the Chamberlain would hear her thoughts, as she ran. Her heart pounded, as she willed her legs to move even faster.

Tag: Darth_Elu, A Blind Prophet, Mitth_Fisto

dragonsith13 and Darth_Elu like this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Yama tilted her head at the anger that rolled off the young woman as she spoke her family name. Was there tension between her and her family? She was also curious of the pink hair, it was not natural even for a Orokujin to have fur the color of cherry blossoms. Maybe it was a sign of rebelliousness, a marker of a little insurrection. The senfu had seen many a rambunctious girl enter her dojo, though none of them had dyed their hair. Joining her school was rebellion enough for most, they probably also lacked the resources to do so themselves.

Hinoki had learned how to work with these girls, saw how to use their ambition to drive them towards mastery. It wasn't easy and she had butted heads with them on more than one occasion. She had given a few lessons and a few lesions to these types they and she always came out the stronger because of it. It didn't seem as though Matsuoka-laosan would cause trouble. In fact the older woman didn't expect much trouble this night. She was in the middle of the Khan's estate during a time of peace.

She looked up to the stars letting out a breath, it was calm and peaceful this night. The stars above twinkle unendingly shining down their meager light from lightyears away. The vast expanse of the night sky fascinated and terrified her. The openness of it the thought that nowhere was off limits pulled her heart to the sky. However the emptiness, chilled her to the bone. The crushing loneliness one must feel between the points of light turned her blood to ice.

A growling pulled her out of her introspection. She looked to Ton'da then to the direction he was facing. There in the dim light of the night she saw, him, or was it her? They were dressed in all black concealing all. They kept low to the ground, skulking about no doubt, one does not pay the Khan a visit wearing a mask, and they certainly don't enter in the dead of night creeping in through a courtyard. This was not an expected visitor for the lord of the manor.

She narrowed her eyes at them and they noticed her. In the brief moment their eyes met it was like time stopped. Hinoki took in a breath readying her naginata, part of her knew what was to come next. Like a shot the shadowy figure scurried towards the estate. She took off after them, her powerful legs pumping feet thudding heavy into the ground.

"Sound an alarm!" she called out to her companions. She didn't know if she would catch up to this intruder, particularly if they had connection to the dragons. Even with this disadvantage she wouldn't give up. She would not, could not, let her lord come to harm. Her ancestor slayed his master, and her husband held up his service to the shogun as the pinnacle of his honor. She could not fail him, she would not fail her husband and bring shame upon his name for not protecting her liege.

She gave a quick thought to what she would do if she caught up to him. It would be the first time in years she fought another being outside of sparring. In fact the last time she struggled to the death was that day, the day so far away yet still so close, the day she lost everything she loved. The scar on her face began to burn recalling the face of the bandit as he fell back, part of her husband's blade buried in his chest. That blade now made up her weapon, was the soul of Tetsu-no-Isan. The question rang through her mind as she gave chase. A question she's have to wrestle with or just accept that this was part of her life now. She was now a warrior in service to a lord.

Would she have to take a life tonight, would she have to stain her weapon with the blood of another?

IC: Ao-Hinan Ochitsukanai
    10:17 p.m.
    Akachen Estate, Qiang Lao

The little being's aggressive stance caused the young woman to quirk her head. When they launched into a fast paced and explosive response she reflexively backed up, falling ungracefully onto her behind. She was slightly panicked, the shine maiden had not expected this response to barrage of questions. If she thought about it, maybe she should have expected this. Suddenly asking probing and rather personal interrogatives was maybe not the best way to introduce yourself to a new person. However her mind was still running at a hundred miles a minute.

When the floating droid replied a squeak of surprise escaped her chest. It wasn't like she'd never seen a translator droid before but, her embarrassed state had put her on edge. The words it had for her did nothing to lessen the feeling of having made a mistake. Had she not had fur she was sure her face would be red, her blush apparent for all to see. She continued to scramble back not getting to her feet. The young woman regained some of her composure, enough to get to her knees and begin bowing low her whole body below the diminutive samurai's head.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm soooo sorry." She stammered bowing her head repeatedly as if her fervor would make up for her social transgression. She continued not really hearing what more the Ewok was trying to say. What was until she was told to be silent, and mouse like squeak escaped her as she quieted. She waited for a long moment, her heart pounding in her ears. Her lungs began to burn as she held her breath afraid to even breathe. As the seconds ticked by she felt it, an imbalance in the force it washed over her like cold icy water flowing down her back, or like a scaly fish slipping down the back of her kimono.

It was an uncomfortable feeling that was soon displaced by a feeling of fear as the other woman threw her batons threw the shoji door ahead of them. A distinct 'ting' of metal on metal rang out. Alarms sound across the estate, this was not the only intruder tonight. Ochi quickly got to her feet feeling the breath of the dragons flow through her. Her heart still slamming against her ribs, she readied her weapon snapping both blue blades of her weapon Seitō Kōken to life.

The young maid gave the being a stern look trying to be intimidating but, failing to be so. Their clothing obscured everything about them, their gender their race, anything that could be recognized.

"You should leave." She said voice cracking, "I…I warn you I'm a trained maiden of the Ao-Hinan Shine." She had imagined this moment for years, the first time she met a foe someone that threatened her or those she cared about. She thought she'd be more calm, more in control than she felt right now. However her hand shook, her voice quaked, and her breath was weak. "You and your friends should leave now…I… I wouldn't want to hurt you." She swallowed hard. Dragons, this was real, this was a real fight with a real being, not an imaged one, one created by her imagination. These attacks would hurt, and she would hurt them. Could she do it, could she harm another being, even in defense of others? He stomach began to turn, to twist itself in knots that she could not control.

Much to her credit, she did hold her ground, despite her knees shaking a little.

TAG: Darth_Elu

dragonsith13, Darth_Elu and Ktala like this.
  13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onni Fu'ral
    ~ 9:30 p.m., Kangyuen Estate, Hireolshi~

Onni smiled in response, as Kaifen replied to her comment. "Not long at all. The stars haven't gone yet." Onni laughed softly as Kaifen winked, petting Ton'da. The woman who had been on the roof, was now standing near Kaifen, and was now speaking to Hinoki.

"Greetings Yama-laosan. I'm…" she paused, and then continued. "Matsuoka Kazue." Even Onni could tell the woman obviously a bit of anger, when speaking her name. Though for the reason why, was not known to her. "You
    are?" she asked Onni. But before Onni could respond, Ton'da was suddenly on alert. He picked up his head, and began to sniff about urgently. A growl suddenly emitted from his throat.

"Huh? What is it?" Kaifen asked with surprise. Onni's staff was back in her room, but she still had her other weapons on her. Onni laid her hand to her katana. Ton'da didnt respond that way to simple strangers. Everyone turned to follow where Ton'da was now looking. A figure dressed in all black was spotted. Suddenly, then darted off towards the estate.

"Sound an alarm!" Hinoki called out to the others, as she began to give chase. Onni turned to Ton'da.

"Alarm." she commanded. Ton'da immediately responded by giving off a series of ear shattering howls, that grew in volume and intensity. Onni was sure that even someone who could not hear, would notice it!

"Careful, there could be more!" Onni called out to her companions, as she began to run as well, following close to Hinoki. To the young woman who had asked her name, she gave nod. "I'm Fu'ral. And it seems the Dragons wish to test us this night!"

Onni gestured, and Ton'da followed closely to her, still howling his warning to all. Onni expanded her senses into the Force, trying to detect if indeed, if there was only one intruder, or was this something more?

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Dr. Orin Mattac
    Yirojo Estate, Shinjei

The older man’s words resonated with him on a personal level, prompting Orin to begin tapping the ground with the tip of his walking stick once again. He did not make eye contact, but he nodded with acceptance, acknowledging his situation and what it had done for his life. The passage of time could certainly be a fickle thing. Even now, he found himself ruminating about the future…a favorite pastime of his, for sure.

But he did have to admit, Lynne and the girls would no doubt love it here; perhaps it was all about perspective, something he had been sorely lacking ever since the crash. Was that the true source of his problems?

“I…thank you, laosan-Benkei,” he said quietly, not wanting to come across as too sentimental. “Your words hold wisdom, and I have no doubt that they will help me on my own journey of acceptance. It has been a true honor to make your acquaintance.” Finally lifting his gaze to make eye contact, he offered a small smile to express his gratitude.

And just as quickly as the smile had formed, it began to wane. Something was not…right. A darkness had descended upon his companions, bringing pain and grief to their features. While Orin could not touch upon the living Force himself, he recognized its presence. In fact, he even felt a hint of unease, as if someone was tugging lightly at the recesses of his mind; a gut feeling that something was about to happen.

Sure enough, the samurai sprang into action. The old man was the first to move, crossing the veranda to investigate something that had caught his eye. Orin noted that he was surprisingly spry for his age, a true warrior in every respect. It almost made him feel weak in comparison, and sure enough, that mentality had prematurely spread to the others. There was a flurry of movement before the young woman – Elaiess – was by his side, her katana visibly in hand. Her intentions were clear – she was to protect him.

“What’s going on?” he demanded as he began to hoist himself to his feet. He was somewhat sore from his afternoon in the rice fields, but he still managed to move with surprising ease.

"SOUND THE ALARM!" Benkei shouted in that instant. "WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!"

Orin’s eyes grew wide as he tracked the old man’s actions, taking notice of the bloodied hand strewn upon the pavement for the first time. Well, that certainly made things quite clear. He clenched his jaw, fighting the urge to gag in response to the gruesome scene. He did not need to see the rest of the body to assume the worst.

As he turned to recompose himself, something in his peripheral vision caught his attention. A lone figure, clad in black, was fleeing the scene. He was approaching a door, and soon, he would find his freedom. “There!” he shouted, raising his hand to point at the intruder.

Without waiting for assistance from his newfound bodyguard, he started to move forward to intercept. The rush of adrenaline was making it easy to overcome his handicap. In some instances, it was unclear whether he still required the walking stick. Now, if only he had his blaster. Unfortunately, that was hidden away with the rest of his belongings back at his living quarters.

But the walking stick…

Narrowing his eyes, he pushed himself harder, raising the stick to wield it more like a staff.

TAG: spacelady; Darth_Elu; Darth Rozic

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Seri'na Rubellite

Tactical perception. This was a phrase that could easily describe the observations of Callie. A messenger whose mind and capabilities were so much more than she was at that point in time. It was within a minute of replying to Seri'na about what was going on in the province and from the time that the feeorin woman, Akiva, nodded in response to the messenger.

"It is noted. Thank you for the message." Her words were simple enough, but her eyes and faint smell that dipped belied a disturbed spirit by the basic statement from the Chamberlain.

But within that minute after that, just as Akiva moved to say something to her, all three caught sight of something at the same moment.

A hooded figure, dressed in all black hiding anything discernible about their appearance, crouched atop the perimeter wall unmolested right next to their location. Their eyes weren't seen beneath the hood, but all of their gazes could be felt staring at one another as if in slow motion before anyone reacted. Seri'na looked to Akiva first, then at the runner, both she assumed might leap ahead of her, but instead from her slight tilting of her head one way and then the other she found them doing likewise. "Tube-grubs." she silently grumbled under her breath, if none leapt into battle none of them were in each others way, but at the same time no one was in the security breachers way either.

Then, just like that, it all sped up again and did not stop at normal speed. It entered the realm where things seem to go even faster than normal where every minute feels like ten. An alarm was raised elsewhere in the estate just as the figure leapt up into the air, over and past them, and landed into a neat roll about fifteen feet beyond them. As the figure stood up, they attempted to run straight toward the heart of the estate.

The timing of the alarm also meant only one thing.

"Whoever they are, they are not alone!" cried Akiva as she moved to give chase. "Keep alert everyone!"

It would seem the Dragons did not bless them in the way they wished, but rather sought to test them to their limits this night.

Whether they would pass was up to them. And them alone.

Akiva-laosan was on this attackers tail and Seri'na turned toward the Messenger Callie, "Aid her and take this one down, I will go up to see if others are coming as well." She gestured with a sharp gesture for the messenger to aid in stopping the intruder as she turned ran at the wall, staff securely held in one had as she called the ethereal aid of the dragons as she leapt similar to how the one who breached the walls had to latch onto them instead. She would then peak over and see what she could see as well as look out further upon the estate. If more were to come and this one was merely to take her out of position to clear the way with a runner she would not be so easily fooled.

In truth she saw she had needed to say anything to Callie as the woman was already speeding away to aid Akiva with imbued speed.

Her arm holding the staff filddled with the grip and shifted further down the shaft, allowing her to now be holding practically a spear closer to the butt of the weapon to give her better reach to swat with lethal intent any others out of the sky if they tried to jump over as the first intruder had.

Tag: @HunterPrime, @Darth_Elu (via A Blind Prophet)

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Byunaatse Kaifen & Matsuoka Kazue IC:

Kaifen and Kazue could only stare dumbfounded for that split second as the dark figure stared back before suddenly taking off. No wonder Ton’da had suddenly been on alert!

Kaifen had no idea who they were and had no particular desire to allow them the freedom of doing whatever they wanted. How dare they try to sneak into the estate! And for what purpose? Espionage? Sabotage? Theft? Assassination? Too many possibilities, none of them good.

“Sound an alarm!” yelled Hinoki.

They had the perfect alarm system in the healer’s furry companion, he knew this as they had known each other well for years. So without hesitation, he sped off with the woman without worrying about that issue. Following not far behind was Kazue, her stunned expression now gone and replaced with only determination.

And rising excitement. She knew this was no game, not some fun lark. But the idea of a real battle was exhilarating all the same! The adrenaline had shot through her system with lightning speed and she used the power of the dragons to show it in her speed.

Within seconds of the chase beginning, Ton’da’s loud barking echoed throughout the air and the reaction from the guards was instantenous. More lanterns quickly becoming lit, yells and footsteps heard from everywhere. Whoever this intruder was, they were in trouble now.

“Careful, there could be more!”

Kaifen grimaced. He hadn’t thought of that and should have. While the three samurai, with their Force imbued speed quickly caught up to Hinoki (with at least the two younger orokujin passing), Kaifen then moved first by bounding over and onto a wall, careening toward an outer column supporting the wrap around deck, then flipping over to land right in front of the figure. His lightsaber was out and ignited.

“Stop right there!”

“I’m Fu’ral. And it seems the Dragons wish to test us this night!”

Kazue nodded to the zabrak woman. “So it looks like! I’ll make sure they don’t get far.”

The girl’s eyes shone with an almost fiery glee, her inner desire for adventure being pulled inexorably toward this fated confrontation.

Meanwhile the figure skidded to a halt and looked back between Kaifen and then the three women coming up behind them. Some other guards and samurai starting to become visible around other corners but further away as well. Taking a quick look around them, they then pulled out a lightsaber of their own, its midnight blue blade shining in the darkness.

Kaifen gripped his hands on his hilt all the tighter.

Then they spun around and slashed horizontally toward Hinoki with lightning speed!

Tag: galactic-vagabond422 Ktala

dragonsith13 and Ktala like this.
  17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onni Fu'ral

Onni and Ton'da moved together as one, Ton'da, still howling his warning to all. Kaifen had suddenly sped up, and with quite a show of aerobatics, landed in front of the dark figure, his own lightsaber out and ignited. “Stop right there!” Kaifen called out to the unknown intruder.

Kazue, Hinoki and Onni quickly moved to join Kaifen, as he had clocked the intruder. The girl next to her, Kazue, seemed eager for the confrontation, as she called out, “I’ll make sure they don’t get far.”

The figure in black, had come to a halt between Kaifen and themselves. The being looked around, and then suddenly pulled out a lightsaber, its blue blade shinning in the darkness. Onni came to a halt, and drew her light tonfas. The twin green blades winked into existence, as the unknown intruder suddenly spun around and slashed horizontally toward Hinoki with a fierce speed. Force enhanced perhaps, but that didnt lessen the deadly intent. Onni whistled a short command to Ton'da.

Ton'da immediately stopped his howling. Instead, he turned, his attentions to the area around them. If there were other enemies nearby in the dark, he would note them. He didnt totally ignore the attacker, but merged his own dark form into the shadows around his mistress, to insure that the group was not attacked unaware from another direction.

Onni moved to assist Hinoki, seeking to join her in tandem movements, not wanting to get in the warriors way, but to assist as needed. This being was fast. And it was obvious, that they were not going to simply give up. Time to seek the truth of the night.

18. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

With the call for alarm made Tond’a began howling, no doubt waking the entire province much less the whole estate. Hinoki nodded in appreciation. The younger orokujin gave words back to the Zabrak but, Yama-senfu didn’t hear them too focused on chasing down this intruder. She knew she was slower but, that wouldn’t stop her, she had a duty, and nothing would excuse her from it, she would carry it out, no matter the difficulties.

Byunaatse-loasan hurried on ahead blazing past his older counterpart with the grace of the dragons. He leaped in front of the black clad figure lightsaber shining. An order to stand down was given, an order denied by the beings actions. The shadow lit a blade of his own, the color of midnight suiting his activities. Seeing it steeled her resolve she would have to fight differently than she was used to. The wooden shaft of her weapon would not withstand a single touch from the darkened blade of energy, a full strike would cut the teacher in two. The only thing that could was the blade of her polearm, made of her love's katana, it would parry the blows.

In a blur of movement the figure turned towards her bringing a slash. There was no time to think, she had to act. As quick as she could she slid her hand up the lacquered shaft stopping right at the base of the blade and maneuvered it to parry the slash directed at her the only one without the benefit of the dragon’s wisdom.

With the blades locked for just a moment she attempted to strike the figure in the head with the body of her weapon and jump a few steps back, hoping to use her reach to keep them at bay. Though it was also a risk. They could recover faster than she could move and cut her weapon in half or shorter, leaving her at even more of a disadvantage.

However, her whole life she’s been at a disadvantage, this would change little, she’d just have to find a way to overcome it. There was always a way, as long as one had the will, and a lifetime had given Hinoki one of steel.

dragonsith13, Ktala and Darth_Elu like this.
  19. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    IC: Kyōkan/Doraku Kambei
    6:40 p.m.
    ~Zhaoichi Estate, Edokura~

“Are you all assigned here as well?” the Arkanian asked.

“Yes. I was once a retainer for our shogun, and he has asked me to return,” Kyōkan answered. Simple, a bit terse, but accurate.

Suddenly, a hint of motion. Above, on the perimeter wall to his left. He wasn’t even sure he had sensed it, but he trusted his abilities. There was definitely something there. First, don’t reveal your awareness, he recalled. He didn’t turn his body, didn’t look. He was disciplined enough to even avoid swiveling his vulpine ears toward the movement, a reflexive reaction for most orokujin. Still facing the Arkanian woman, he attempted to inform her of the danger silently, in the smallest movements possible. Moving only his face, he attempted to communicate the situation.

First, he pointedly widened his eyes at her, to get her attention. Then he slid his tongue between his teeth and gently bit it. Don’t speak, he tried to imply. This wasn’t a known code for Zhaoichi retainers or any such thing, but he had seen it used in combat situations a few times in his travels, and he thought the implication was relatively intuitive. Given that the woman was a samurai, he believed she would be cagey enough to pick up on the message. If not, she would surely think he was a complete madman—at least for the few moments before they were ambushed. Keeping his head still, he darted his eyes up and to the left, toward the origin of the sensation, three times in rapid succession. There’s something watching from over there. He made these five motions in as many seconds.

His right pinky twitched at his side, anticipating drawing his lightsabers from where they rested in his uwa-obi at his left side and gripping them tightly, but he didn’t make a move yet.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @greyjedi125, @QueenSabe7

20. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    8:48pm

Callie heard the words of the other woman, even while she had moved to aid Akiva. The song of the Dragon's, and its force sang thru her body, as she willed her legs to once again move quickly, this time in aid of another. Alarms were now going up throughout the estate, as they chased this unknown intruder. Callie was sure that these were the same as the others who had attacked the other convoy. Callie tightly gripped her lightsaber unlit handle, as she moved through the area of the estate. If the trees were useful, then she would use them, to catch up to the unknown intruder, and then to cut them off, if she could. Callie paid close attentionto Akiva within the Force, moving in unison with the woman to insure that she would not leave the woman without assistance. This warrior was dangerious. Like a ghost. And it would take the flames of the Dragon, in order to dispatch it back into the blackness where it belonged. The other woman had moved away, for what reasons, unknown to Callie. She wished the woman had stayed with them. In the face of unknown enemy, it did not the wisest of paths to thin your numbers. But it was not Callie's decision. Each warrior called to their own path. And so this night, it seemed that everyone's path was to be tested.

Callie refocused her efforts into concentrating to the task at hands. After seeing the carnage left behind, she knew her mind needed to be focused, and her body in flux with the will of the Force, if she was to survive this night.

Tag: Darth_Elu, Mitth_Fisto, (A Blind Prophet)

21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: No updates for the Torawei or Zhaoichi Families just yet.

Akiva looked over at Callie for just a brief second, nodding once at her warning of the enemy not being normal. She wasn't entirely certain how she knew that, but with their sudden appearance without having been sensed before hand and with the boldness of attacking the Jeongbayar Estate in general…perhaps it was clear enough as it was.

"Right," she replied curtly.

There were only a couple of trees in the area they were at, but nevertheless they helped Callie to gain ground after the enemy. She had the option of potentially jumping in front of them to cut them off if so desired, but it was up to her.

Meanwhile, Rubellite ascended the wall and more guards came rushing all over every part of it as well, a few hurriedly approaching her own exact spot. So far, all of her senses even with enhancement could not detect any other enemy in the vicinity beyond the wall. The intruder seemed to the be lone one coming from this direction.

And that brought up another thing, for those attempting to feel them out, their presence was there. But even with the Dragon's Force they were very faint, almost completely gone from being able to sense. If focused on too long, it was likely to quickly become a strain and disorienting trying to feel out one so clearly there.

Tag: HunterPrime Mitth_Fisto Darth_Elu

~Yirojo Estate, Shinjei~

The intruder sprang for the door, though it opened on its own. Five samurai spilled out of it and ready to fight, forcing the enemy to skid to an abrupt halt.

Feeling a boldness within him, Dr. Orin Mattac had sprung forward after to help in defense, walking stick raised like a battle staff. Elaiess, having attached herself to the man as a guard, clearly moved with him and possibly would attempt to intervene before he clashed weapons with the intruder. However, such a guest must be protected at all costs and the enemy defeated with the same level of priority.

As such, Benkei sprang forward once more on the off-worlder's other side, hoping to protect him as well while nodding briefly at the man's inner warrior spirit coming to the fore. It spoke well of him to act so instinctively, even when faced with a foe with likely greater skill.

The intruder came to a quick decision out of necessity and suddenly unsheathed dual katanas, racing back toward the trio. As they neared their violent clash, Benkei's voice raising in a battlecry, the enemy began to spin like a top. Their two blades flashing in the moonlight like the swift bites of the Night Asp. Clearly the Force was behind it as they did not stop, their dizzying centrifugal maneuver carrying them toward them without pause.

How best to counter?

Tag: spacelady HanSolo29 Darth_Elu

The sound of the lightsaber struck the teileng steel with its peculiar, sparking sound. The sound of lethal intent. Hinoki's parry was aimed true and well placed, her followup with the body of the weapon able to force them to hop back just enough to stay out of range. They then began to lean forward to renew their attack in a blur of speed, yet Onni's positioning worked well and forced them to halt the attempt and jump backwards away from the zabrak almost immediately, giving Hinoki room to breathe. A couple of quick exchanges were made between the two, and as the enemy's back was toward the wall…

Kazue came rounding Onni with lightning speed and slashing downward in a vicious strike. The intruder spun off to their left with amazing agility to evade the blow and struck outward with their left palm at the orokujin's right shoulder, though she was able to lean away and retract her swinging arms just fast enough to smack the blow away in time. Though she grimaced as it rattled her arms with deceptive force.

Growling she could only press in with a stab, which they deflected and now were able to position the girl in between them and the other two women who had attacked them. Kaifen now rescued the girl from a devastating counterattack as they had to leap up and gracefully backflip over the sensed strike to their back.

Whoever this opponent was, they were not just any warrior. The likelihood that death would be met this night was higher than they could possibly realize…

Tag: Ktala galactic-vagabond422 Darth_Elu

~Akachen Estate, Qiang Lao~

Ochitsukanai bravely ignited her weapon and stood her ground, offering a warning to the sudden trespasser to the Khan's estate. Pyrrak himself had been quietly staring at the figure and began to slowly move off to his right, to block their route down the deck that way. They were already within the building, which was unsettling, but by their posture they didn't look to remain at that exact position. So a blocking strategy was in order.

Iori side glanced at the orokujin shrine maiden and then back at their suddenly appearing foe.

"They will not leave, young Maiden. Their presence here shows they have already resolved themselves to a fight with death. Her aquamarine lightsaber came to life right then as she moved before the girl, to give her a small sense of security to ready herself.

"If you truly wish to aid in this battle, I will give you time to truly prepare."

The ewok nearby chattered for a quick moment. The floating droid translated rapidly as it floated highly uncertain a bit further away.

"Keep him from leaving this building."

Iori ran a single hand through her hair, as if completely unperturbed at the current events. "Naturally. I'm afraid you have made a grievous mistake coming here like this."

Pyrrak sprang forward in a sharp jab to the chest, forcing the enemy to use a single dagger of clear teileng steel to deflect the blow to the side, though backing up under the force of the attack that they clearly hadn't expected from the diminutive samurai.

Iori was now rushing in, graceful as the wind, a stab of her going low toward the hip. The enemy deflected that with their other dagger and then spun back and away from the but of the ewok's naginata being swung around with lightning speed.

The enemy began to slowly recede further into the building in an attempt to flee the other way…it was time to give chase and for the young Shrine Maiden to decide how to begin to act now that the clashing of blades had begun.

For the first time ever. It was real.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422 Darth_Elu

HunterPrime, Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  22. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Master Ash & Kel Wynt’r
    Zhaochi Estate, Edokura

Though traditionally blind, Master Ash had other senses which worked quite well, and in truth, on could even say they were naturally enhanced to compensate for the lack of sight.

The older samurai’s smile grew as he nodded, after hearing samurai Izanami’s voice. In his estimation, he detected gentle poise and self-control.

“My apologies but I have only recently been stationed at the estate and do not recognize you or your student. Or your companion,” the arkanian samurai stated, looking to the orokujin. “Are you all assigned here as well?”

“Indeed we are.” Master Ash responded, with the intention to carry on a conversation as if it were indeed a sunny day. In the meantime, Kel did his best to keep his face and manner composed.

Before he could put in an additional word, another voice joined the conversation however.

“Yes. I was once a retainer for our Shogun, and he has asked me to return.”
    It was the orokujin who spoke next. Kel looked up in his direction, but Master Ash did not move- it was almost as if…

Meanwhile, Kel noticed the orokujin making funny faces. The young samurai was confused, but only momentarily. The conversation had stopped, his Master was still, a subtlety he now recognized, and the orokujin, a famed warrior, was trying to communicate something without words to the arkanian female.

The young nagai was keen enough to notice the former champion’s slight finger movement. It would seem there was danger about, however, no sudden movements were being made, which meant he needed to ‘act normal’.

Kel used his left hand to swipe at his dripping raven hair from his eyes and forehead, using the ‘disguised’ motion to furtively glance about. The rain was ‘getting in his eyes’ after all. But if there was danger lurking around, he had no intention of getting ambushed. The least they could do is ‘feign’ being unaware and vulnerable.

As a miraluka, Hanami Boshi’s natural Force Sight was an asset, seeing how well developed it had become over the years. For someone who was blind, he could see a great deal through the force. His complete visual range was a complex world of information.

For instance, he could see Kyōkan’s aura change from relaxed to cautious. The rain drops themselves gave away the location of any who would think themselves under cover of stealth, as the water drops framed their forms, not to mention he could see their auras as well.

Kyōkan’s reaction prompted the miraluka to look with greater scrutiny at their surroundings, and so, he saw the source of their unspoken alarm. A figure was stealthfully scaling upwards onto the roof. Master Ash could scarce believe the brazen boldness of the perpetrator. That they did not wait until the complete cover of night and solitude spoke of rashness or something more sinister.

Still, to allow the perpetrator to go on was unthinkable. He needed to be captured and questioned.

Sighing, Master Ash lifted his head up, his face welcoming the rain. He made a slow nodding gesture towards Kyōkan. Since a scaling figure would have eyes facing the wall and their back facing out, the old miraluka absently traced the symbol for ‘roof’ in the air.

He had no doubt that Kel would see it, but he also hoped that both Izanami and Kyōkan would spy it and understand.

Tag: Darth_Elu, QueenSabe7, bad_feeling_haver

QueenSabe7 and Darth_Elu like this.
  23. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Sato Izanami
    Main Zhaoichi Estate, Edokura; 6:40PM

Izanami waited for one of them to answer, staring into each face with a look of calm and patience. And expectancy.

Would they recognize her family name? Did they know of the Sato legacy? Questions that she wished wouldn’t still affect her so tumbled about in Izanami’s mind in stark contrast to her outward demeanor. The grey orokujin and the elder miraluka whom first spoke to her appeared of an age that would have meant they were around when Kojin fled. The odds were they had at least heard rumors, if they had lived within the city at the time...

Finally the kind, sightless samurai cut through the soft patter of the rain, and her worrying, to respond to her query.

“Indeed we are,” he said in the same light tone as before.

“Yes. I was once a retainer for our shogun, and he has asked me to return,” the orokujin replied immediately after. She eyed him curiously, the slight edge to his voice giving her pause. Was that directed at her? Or was she over thinking?

Definitely over think-…

Her gaze narrowed as Izanami saw the creature gesture, a small string of movements that otherwise may have gone unnoticed but the peculiarity of them caused her to scrutinize him closely; widened eyes, a tongue between his teeth with a gentle bite down. Her brow rose in slight confusion, not entirely sure if he was trying to relay something to her without words or if they were just habitual ticks. She opened her mouth to ask the latter but her breath caught and she froze, unable to utter a word.

Her sight went unfocused for a split second as a notable tingling chill ran up her spine and took root at the base of her skull. As it continued to buzz just below the surface of her skin, kicking her senses into high gear, she knew exactly what it meant even though she didn’t feel the sensation too often: DANGER. It was a telltale warning via the Force.

Izanami’s hand reflexively moved to the saberstaff at her side, pulling it free and tightening her grip. She glanced to the master and student before returning to the grey-furred samurai, knowing full well he had to have felt what she did and sooner. Catching his eyes as they darted to her right and up three times, she nodded once in understanding.

He was warning her of something, or someone, very close by and now that she herself was aware, Izanami had the ominous impression that they were all being watched…

She shifted focus to the old miraluka as he used a finger to trace out something in the damp air. She thought for a moment at the invisible symbol he created and it suddenly clicked. “Roof”. She allowed herself to pivot slightly and gasped inwardly at the sight she caught, her eyes squinting to make out the moving shape through the rain.

A shadowy figure was scaling a nearby roof as she had been warned, obviously not wanting to be noticed. Too late.

Izanami whipped back around and stepped in towards the others. “What’s to be done?” she whispered, waiting for her more seasoned companions to lay out a plan.

TAGS: greyjedi125 bad_feeling_haver Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  24. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    8:49pm

Callie wasted no time, and immediately leaped within the trees available to her, after Akiva gave heed to her warning. Though she knew this was a dangerous move, in order to keep the intruder from reaching the Kahn, it was a necessity. And if it delayed the intruder long enough for Akiva and hopefully the other warrior to deal the intruder, so be it. This stranger blended far too well within the shadows. And with it being difficult to decipher its presence within the Force, then it was even more imperative that they kept the mysterious being in sight. Callie flipped, bounding from tree to tree, before landing in front of the intruder. As she landed, her lightsaber ignited, coming to life with an orange glow. She did not waste her breath with a warning, instead choosing her blade to speak for her. Her memories still fresh with the scenes she had witness earlier, Callie slowly spun her blade as she held her ground.

Tag: Darth_Elu, Mitth_Fisto

Darth_Elu likes this.
  25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onni Fu'ral

As Hinoki's blade stuck with the blade of the unknown assailant, it made a strange, sparking sound. As Onni moved to counter with her own weapons, together they were able to force their attacker to hop back just enough, to stay out of range. As both Hinoki and Onni moved together, they managed to push the enemy back, with his back towards the wall.

Kazue came rounding Onni with lightning speed and slashing downward in a vicious strike. Onni moved as the intruder suddenly spun off to the left, with amazing dexterity and speed. They managed to evade the strike, while managing a counter-strike at the same time. While most of the attack was evaded, the strength of the strike could be heard between the weapons, as Kazuke held her own. Kazuke attacked again with a stab, and their enemy was about to strike once more, when Kaifen appeared, making his own attack.

Dragons! This being moved with almost unnatural ability. And well trained indeed. A deadly combination. But Onni knew that for the most part, each person who fought alongside her, could hold their own. Together, they were a formidable unit. And it was their job to make sure this threat did not progress any further. Onni whistled, and Ton'da began a short series of barks and growls, as he began circling the area. He made sure to stay out of the way of the others, knowing this game well. His job was to still keep an eye on the parameter, but if he could hound and harass the stranger, then he would. Also, he would aid Onni, if he felt it was needed. His sounds would also let
    others know where they were, and bring the guards to their position. With that thought, Onni pressed an attack of her own with one of her tonfas, moving in tandem with the others, while using the other tonfa to defend herself. Hopefully, with enough guards around, the stranger would see that this attack was futile, and end it.