main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Bounty Hunter and Assassin Hiring Facility

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Rayson, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    As D_Schnell0 i made the bounty hunters zone, and that really sucked, anyway, down to buisness!

The Background
    This is on the same timeline as the WOTG, you could consider part of it. Anyone who is in the occupation of a Bounty Hunter, or Assassin, this is where you come. You obtain weapons, armor and jetpacks. Anyone wishing to hire a Bounty Hunter or Assassin, this is where you come. You simply look at there info, and hire them for a certain ammount of money.
    Character Profile
    Name:
    Nickname:
    Weapons:
    Force Sensitive:
    Armor:
    Eye Color:
    Hair Color:
    Skin Color:
    Nationality:
    Character Ship
    Name:
    Class:
    Engines:
    Shields:
    Weapons:
    HyperDrive: (yes, no)

Hope everyone has fun :D

2. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    This thread will likely be shut down if you don't actually Role Play here. You might want to make it something of a Bounty Hunter facility where all of the BH's can talk about past spoils, train together, form alliances, etc. Just a thought.

3. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    thats basically what i mean

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    So is this part of WotG, Rayson?
    Because that game has been restricted to a quota of 7 threads, of which I think all positions are already taken.

I could wrong but you may want to check with P-o-T/ :)

5. Juno_Epsilon

Juno_Epsilon Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    It's not "exactly part of it, its just for players in it to hire BH's and A's.

6. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    Sorry. i posted that in my brothers name(Juno)

7. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Then it's part of it ;)

But I'll let it go for now....I think WotG could benefit from this kind of activity.

GM's please note: this thread is an exception to your quota which is now fixed at 8. If this thread folds, it's back to 7.
    I just want to see how this might effect your gameplay.

8. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    MUHAHAHAHAHA [face_devil] I knew it would be good, everyting i do is good, unless i blow someone to pieces that is high ranking, then i'm screwed :D

9. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Of course....if this turns into a chat thread, it'll be gone. :p :D

So get cracking already! ;)

10. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    Name: Fronis
    Nickname: Ron
    Weapons: two Vibro Blades, 1 BlasTech DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol, 5 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonaters, and 1 E-11 Rifle
    Force Sensitive: no
    Armor: Heavy
    Eye Color: Blue
    Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
    Skin Color: Fair
    Nationality: (when I say nationality i mean species) Human
    Character Ship
    Name: White Wing
    Class: YT-1300 Corellian Freighter
    Engines: advanced 8-}
    Shields: 100 sbd
    Weapons: 4 quad laser cannons, 14 Concussion Missle launchers, and hundreds of small laser cannons
    HyperDrive: yes

11. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    Fronis stepped up onto his balcony in the Bounty facility, "when will I get a job???" He had been waiting for someone to give him a job, so he built this place, and waited, and waited, and waited.... Yet, no one else has come, and no one has come to give orders. "Lord have mercy on my soul, so that i may make some money and by new weapons"

12. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    (this is the time where someone else come ^_<

13. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    OK, I sense some confusion here Rayson......

It was my understanding that this thread was going to act like another faction thread in WotG (eg: another Empire/NR/Vong etc). It wasn't a game unto itself where characters from there come and play here. Just the opposite.....you take jobs here and post your gameplay in their game thread

If you want to play this as a seperate game, then that's fine but it would have nothing to do with WotG. Follow? ?[face_plain]

14. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    u don't get it, people do what they want, and people just hire them as they talk, and stuff. Catching On.... ??

15. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    the Empire,NR,and Vong come here and hire people to do their bidding [face_devil]

16. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Then it has bugger all to do with WotG....follow? [face_plain]

17. Quinlain_Vos

Quinlain_Vos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Name: Gund Falkk
    Nickname: Gund
    Weapons: sniper blaster rifle, twin blaster pistols, assorted darts, blowguns, poisons
    Force Sensitive: no
    Armor: heavy cortosis armor
    Eye Color: green
    Hair Color: black
    Skin Color: tan
    Nationality: human
    Character Ship
    Name: The Kouhoun
    Class: souped up Planetary Fighter
    Engines: um, advanced?
    Shields: 200 sbd
    Weapons: quad laser cannons, dual ion cannons, automatic laser turrets on top, bottom, and facing back, 6 concussion missile launchers, 2 proton torpedo launchers
    HyperDrive: (yes, no) yes

18. Quinlain_Vos

Quinlain_Vos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Gund waits in his room, hoping someone will hire him soon...

19. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    New idea, people from the NR,EMPIRE, or the VONGS, just put up bountys on peeps heads, and people eccept. that easy! ;)

20. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    <rant>

*ahem* Since I was, yo my knowledge, the last person to attempt Bounty Hunting in the WOTG I think I might offer my 2 credits...

Since WOTG is all about players and NPC's are only introduced to propell the storyline all jobs you receive will be to kill one of the other players. Now the problem here is because WOTG is a hive of scum and god-modders (IMHO) no-one is likely to "die" in a fair and just manner. And since there's no real system for combat (of any kinda), at least, none that I saw, then you're going to be pretty much stuffed.

Plus there's the fact that apparently there is a Bounty Hunters Guild in WOTG, but you can't actually join it, since it's not really a faction, so you have to join one of the other factions, since you're not allowed to play WOTG unless you're part of a faction. (At least, that's the information I was given when I tried to play)

So, now that I've got that off my chest, how do you go about playing as a bounty hunter or assassin?

Well, first and foremost, you should use this thread as a sort of Holo-Bulliten Board, where people can post bounties and other employment opportunities. If there was a GM for the game (rather than just players with "special powers") then you'd probably get some interesting missions, chasing people down all over the galaxy, but like I said, all you'll have to do is kill other players, which will be next to impossible, as I previously stated.

So, once you get everybody in WOTG coming here to post a bounty on the head of just about every other player. Each of the people playing as a hunter/assassin needs to choose which bounty they will go for. I would suggest using the same method as used in The Star Wars RPG for accepting bounties. That is, once you've started on one mission, you can't just decide to stop and take an easier jon unless a) you get the bounty, or b) someone else gets the bounty.

I wouldn't bother RPing in this thread, but if you must, then you must.

And that's all I have to say about that.

</rant>

Can you tell I don't like WOTG? :D

21. Hidden_Sender

Hidden_Sender Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    I would like to post a bounty of 40,000 credits on Yomin_Carr's head in WOTG.

I wish to keep my true identity hidden at this time, but you may Private Message me at this name with your bounty acceptance, and I will tell you how to collect once the bounty is complete.

22. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    40,000 for Yomin Carr, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, don't make me laugh, you think someone will take 40,000 on Yomin Carr, if I were you, I would put A LOT more money on his head then that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    It'd be appreciated if you don't accept jobs from Vong [face_mischief]

24. AnakinDobski

AnakinDobski Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I give anyone 500,000 credits for the death of Yomin Carr.AD

25. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    500,000. HMMMMMMMMMM *in high pitched sound*, that could be put to good use, the only hard part is finding a way to kill Carr without him cloning himself, unless of course, you want DNA, cause you know, kill 'em, get some DNA, hand the carcus and DNA over to you, let you keep killing him, anyone willing to take the job?? I would be but i'd rather not have my character killed ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.