main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bounty hunter costume ideas

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by ScaPaCamem, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Hi,

I am creating a fanfilm and have a dilemma with my bounty hunter. I wanted to make a post here since you all know about costumes. So my question is: What would you like to see in an orginal bounty hunter costume. At first I said a modifided Mandalorian but decided it would not be orginal enough. Any ideas will help. Thanks!!

2. xoxostarrdustxoxo

xoxostarrdustxoxo Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    I always thought zam wesells costume was cool

3. The_awesome_jedi

The_awesome_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    samurai-esque armor would really be something

4. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
  5. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    ROFLMAO!!!

6. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Foam-core board is your friend!

Cheap simple way to do armor that will look good on film.
    Cut the shapes you want and hot-glue them into place on expendable clothes or strapping.

You can get some military surplus jumpsuit (sorry, don't have the link anymore) for a base. eBay has ammo belt pouches for cheap ($5-15 + shipping).

Do something new, different, and original. Try sharp angles on the arm pieces (easier to cut too).

7. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    Ok, thanks. Any ideas for helmets?

8. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    motorcycle helmet, paintball, bicycle or old military. Heavily modified of coarse. New paint, electronic do-dads, or just odd stuff glued on.

Most of the original SW helmets were modified WWII surplus.

Good luck.

9. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    What about something like this?

10. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    Excuse me, why are you posting this in my thread? That's very rude.

Anyway here is something I found for my armor:

motorcross

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    my public apologies.. I thought I had posted on a general costume thread.. please forgive me.

12. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    No problem

Ok now the next question... How about blasters?

13. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    ScaPaCamem, if you didn't want dresses in "your" thread you should have been more specific...,

youre the rude one here, costume ideas is a pretty broad area so you should cool it
    and maybe you should look through some of the threads on armor and blasters and so forth a little bit as you've gotten some tips already

anyways...

cathiecat, cute dress! =), how long is your hair though? maybe just a really pretty decorative pin or two holding hair back to do something that's pretty and easy to do

14. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    If you wear motocross stuff, people are gonna know it's motocross. I'd make something from scratch.

15. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    Do not start discussing a dress in my thread. Read before posting. If you read my first post I am asking about a costume for a bounty hunter. Do not tell me I am rude when you are the one who is discussing another person's costume in a thread which has nothing to do with it.

Maybe she should of read the posts before assuming. That's how things usually work. Do not continue discussing this in the thread or it will be reported.

16. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Before we all fly off the handle, let's remember that we're here to help each other out with costuming/props/etc. The other person apologized nicely for introducing the dress topic.

Not reading things before posting is a common trend in this forum (and hey, on the internet in general), so let's not freak out because it's happened again.

Let's also remember that no one "owns" threads in these forums (except perhaps TF.N) - discussions often flow in other directions - it that is not desirable, please courteously request that the discussion be moved to a more appropriate thread, not by rudely telling someone to stop discussing something.

17. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    go ahead, report me, I couldn't care less...

threads evolve and change depending on the users and their needs, if you wanted an armor (or whatever) exclusive thread, you should have put it in the thread's title. otherwise, "costume ideas" could mean ideas for ANY costume, as soon as your need it met the thread could be continued for other ideas and uses and hopefully reduce the redundancy in threads posted here.

you aren't required to acknowledge other posts so you could have easily skipped over her question as it wasn't rude at all since the title can be seen to stand for a thread about a vast diversity of smaller topics and ideas. randomly attacking people the way you did was incredibly rude and if you had to say something about it you could have chosen MUCH kinder words.

anyone is welcome to post any questions they may have and you don't have a right to stop them, just let it go and be happy that there is such a vast amount of talent, skill, experience, and knowledge here to help you out

try asking your local organizations for help, you may even be able to get help from some local college/university drama departments as well, maybe even looking up some info about renfair groups or other reenaction groups to get a wide variety of input

EDIT: got distracted before posting, thx Sister_Sola

-number of posts doesn't equal credibility, if I don't have something worth saying, I don't post, please just drop it, now that the thread title is changed then you can have issues with anything that differs from the topic, just try and be a little bit more polite, thank you ! =)

18. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    Removed inflammatory comments.

19. Talonias

Talonias Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    I always thought that a black cloak with red markings would look cool

Talonias

20. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I think bounty hunter costumes should always look sort of dirty and dusty. A well placed stain can be very valuble.

21. Risu

Risu Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    Well, I'm definitely not experienced in costumes at all, but in my movie I'm planning on using an air force flight suit with some standard army boots and black gloves. I can't come up with a helmet because of my really low budget, so I'm using a pair of sort of bounty hunter-looking sunglasses and a painters mask painted black.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.