main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Bounty Hunter Heist Spin-off

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Summers1913, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Has anyone ever seen films or read about the French resistance? If so, then you know that it was normal for resistance fighters to work with criminal elements. The reasons should be obvious: 1) rebels or resistance forces are considered criminal elements themselves. 2) Criminals are often persecuted heavily under authoritarian regimes.

So why would anyone be surprised that the Rebellion would hire bounty hunters or mercs? Rebellions, even the most idealistic, don't have the ability to dispense with any element that will help them gain advantage.

This plot sounds exciting to me, and perfectly logical.

2. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I was hoping for a Boba Fett movie but this sounds even better. Boba should be one of the characters at least.

3. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    This has me far more interested than a solo Fett film, honestly.

I would prefer it if it took place during the ST timeframe or post-rotj, personally, but this sounds like fun regardless.

4. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I like this Idea. It sounds like fun.

5. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I love the idea. It will be cool to see bounty hunters in action and this way Boba does not have to carry a movie on his own.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Problem why would the Empire hire guys that would destroy the first DS I hope this is not the plot of the movie.

7. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    easy, Vader understands they are guns for hire and he respects them for there skill and would rather have them be friends rather then enemies.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Fine fine but it would still not make sense. to me and I think there are better movies they could do.

9. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Boba would've never worked alone. Grunting and nodding for 2 hours. Please... Lol

A continuation of that bounty hunting team from TCW would be nice, obviously a more progressed on though, which would have some new members.

10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Don't assume you know which bounty hunters these will be!

Could be brand new.

Love to see Cad Bane or Fett hired to stop this rebel group of hunters. We might see one group vs. another.

11. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    This, or they are some sort of plants within the group.

Maybe this isn't the story about stealing the DS plans, it's the story about how Vader got cocky enough to use them as bait.

Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I bet we'll see where Boba Fett got his reputation for disintegrations.

13. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    I love the idea of traitors within the group; the idea stays consistent with the Empire also using Bounty Hunters time and time again.

In general, I'd like a full on Bounty Hunter spinoff. Only one, but one would be all I'd want. Maybe some Ocean's Eleven, maybe some Western, whatever just do it.

That and a Seven Samurai Jedi film with a few Jedi Knights during the early days of the Empire defending off a village. Hell, it'd be awesome to see the crew pull together big name actors for the spin offs to add to sales and damn it I really want a Tarantino spin off now. Or a Fincher spin off.

14. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    I wonder if there's any way they could tie Darth Maul into this storyline as well. Fett, Bossk, Maul and Cad Bane all playing a role could be great.

15. JediWill

JediWill Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2014
    The biggest hurdle for a spinoff movie is name recognition for the main character. Cad Bane is easily the strongest character fro TCW and I think they could make a really amazing space western with him as the lead. Problem is though, outside of Star Wars fanboys, no one knows who Cad Bane is. Boba Fett is a pretty weak character, but people know who he is. Same for Obi-Wan. Tarkin is another one who could make a really cool movie, but the average fan wouldn't know Tarkin unless you should them a picture. Disney wants to make money off these spinoffs and that means they can't just rely on fanboys, they have to make something that appeals to a wider audience. My guess is that we get a Boba Fett spinoff with lots of bounty hunter easter eggs in it. I think we also get a Han Solo/Chewie spinoff that probably will star Liam Hemsworth or someone like that.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    For me, it's especially the last bit. :)

Personally, I like the idea of a bounty hunter team-up, but for my money, if you're going to make a Boba Fett film, a post-Sarlacc time line is ideal.

As for this particular rumor? I'd be quite interested in seeing the Rebel's acquisition of the Death Star plans. I think that's a terrific-sounding premise for a feature film.

But bounty hunters pulling it off? I don't know. I imagine it could be made to work, but I kind of agree with those who like the idea of the Alliance pulling the job themselves, somehow.

The crew of the Ghost? Yeah, maybe. It's definitely the kind of mission which would make for an ideal climax to the Rebels series.

But as I said, I think it would also make for a fine movie. So, if Kanan and co. are going to be the ones, I say start casting the live-action versions of the crew right now. :)

What I think might make for an interesting story is to have no single party responsible for securing the plans. Maybe the Ghost crew does something instrumental to the cause in the animated series, while another party does something in a comic or novel, and then the final act all comes together in the spin-off?

That might be cool.

starocean90 likes this.
  17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Interesting tweet if true
    Ali Arikan @aliarikan 18h18 hours ago
    The first Star Wars spin-off is NOT about the acquisition of the Death Star plans. They're in there somewhere, but that's not the film.

Darth_Pevra and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Hmm... Very interesting. [face_thinking]

These cryptic kind of posts are a bit maddening, yes? Just enough to get you wondering, but not really ever enough to give us much of anything to discuss. [face_phbbbbt]

starocean90 likes this.
  19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it does tell you if true, that the main focus of the spinoff is not as /film said about acquiring the death Star plans, although the plans do play a part (which is interesting).:)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

This would be a good way to include the ESB bounty hunters. going against the Rebel Hunters.

Dra--- likes this.
  21. frozenheart

frozenheart Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2015
    i always though if their was going to be a heist movie it would be the Han Solo movie. imagine he free's chewie from salvery and they head to the outer rim to hide. jabba catches up with them and offers a deal. he will keep them from the empire in return they will help him rob a businessman on coreilla. the catch? the buissnessman is Han's corrupt step-father who packed his bags and sent him to work for the empire.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    So 2 hours of bounty hunters shooting at storm troopers? Yeah this sounds like money maker right here! ;)

23. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I would so love to see a SW spinoff without 'Rebels' and Jedi. It wouldn't be the first time I sat in a movie theater all alone (happened to me with the animated LotR movie, Farewell to the King and Odinochnoye Plavanye), but I would certainly love to see only Bounty Hunters and Stormies.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Well I too like those characters you mention. But where I am coming from with this is, this kind of story is not movie material. This kind of thing works in comics, cartoons, video games etc. I mean you have to realize that the kind of money that goes into making a movie and does a SW bounty hunter movie result in a profit? Because if you take the force out of the equation, or Jedi or Sith or force users in general, you risk alienating the general movie going audience. The general movie going audience goes to see a SW movie they expect to see the force or force users present. The force is what separates SW from other sci-fi action movies. Because if you make a film about just bounty hunters and imperials just going pew pew at each other, there is not much else going on. Like I said these things work better on cartoon and such. And see you said yourself, that you would sit in a movie theatre alone to watch this. That sounds good for you, but is that something a filmmaker would want to see from an audience? After spending big money to make a film?

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Andy Wylde, have you ever read Brian Daley's Han Solo novels? They never even use the word Force, and they're some of the best SW novels ever. They would make excellent spinoff movies, and I would pay good money to see them on the big screen. And I bet I'm not alone.

Sgt Crowfield and Bardan_Jusik like this.