Bounty Hunters in ROTJ

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JediCouncilBoy4, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master

star 4
    On the OS they say Dengar and Bossk was in ROTJ. I never saw them, were are they?
  2. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Hangin' around Jabba's palace.

Seems the costume department was a little short of money after makin' that gold bikini [face_laugh]

Rick McCallum loves you!
  3. Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Master

star 4
    Dengar is best seen in the lower left-hand side of the screen right after Jabba sends Luke in with the Rancor and is moving his throne in for a closer look. He is missing his famous backpack, though.

Bossk, according to various photos, shows up both in the palace and on the sail barge, but I don't think I've ever seen him myself.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bossk/img/bts_bg.jpg]

All glassy-eyed! He better lay off the bottle!
  4. Dagobah1234 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I never saw any of them. *shrugs*
  5. JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Master

star 4
    If he's in as bad of shape as he looks, yeah. :)

Actually, the Unofficial Encyclopedia indicates that in the EU he got away, because someone used him in a story with a New Republic timeline. The Sail Barge was apparently packed to the brim with escape vehicles. ;)
  7. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It is certainly open to interpretation, though in the EU he lives.
  8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Bossk definitely survives ROTJ.
  9. Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Master

star 4
    We know this because he recently made an appearance on "The Crocodile Hunter"; he's been hard up for work lately. ;)

Anyhoo...
  10. Spacehunter24 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've always seen Dengar in ROTJ. When Luke is coming down the steps towards the main room, there's a reverse shot looking down the steps as Bib Fortuna hurries up to intercept Luke. Back behind Bib in the same shot is an empty main room, but Dengar can be seen clearly in the background, looking as if he's come out to see what's going on.
  11. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
    Hey, just because the guy on the barge is the same species doesn't mean he is the same bounty hunter. even if he is wearing the same cloths, has the same vacant stare, same skin tones... He's not I tells ya! :p
  12. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sadly, that's believable. Unless Greedo didn't get that blasted afterall as a Greedo look-alike is seen prancing around just fine after Mr. Greedo Never-Miss got blasted.
    Another Greedo look-alike is seen in RotJ as well. And I don't mean the SE band member. I mean Greedo. Same species, same clothes. Same everything! I think they called the RotJ one Beedo or something.
    So if Greedo can do it, why not Bossk?

Bossk definitely survives ROTJ.

Yeah yeah. Accoarding to the EU, everyone but Jabba, Greedo, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda survived the movies :p

Palpatine survived
    Boba survived
    Every sing;e ding dong Jedi seems to have survived and are hiding on some planet :p
    Bossk survived
    Bib Fortuna survived
    Veers survived

You really have to explicitly kill the characters for the EU to get the hint :p
    And even then they may come back as a clone or exact Dash Rendaring replica! o_0
  13. Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it's kinda forgiveable, given that not even the people who post here, who probably know these films inside and out, can find Bossk on the sail barge. What chance does an author have of finding him, especially in the days before the Internet really got going and all sorts of production photos made their way out? ;)
  14. ratmankey Jedi Master

star 4
    That's weird, I posted the EXACT same question not too long ago...and I have the same icon...
  15. Tracer_Bullet Jedi Knight

star 1
    Didn't Bossk and Zuckuss both appear briefly in The Empire Strikes Back?

(Sorry for this somewhat irrelevant question!)
  16. ratmankey Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Bossk, Dengar, Zuckuss, and 4-LOM are all in the bounty hunter scene in ESB.
  17. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's very easy to see Dengar. Mostly his back. Especially right after Luke falls into the Rancor pit.

It's hard to see Bossk unless you really look and pay attention. I saw once, I think when I really tried to find him.
  18. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >>Boba survived<<

A believable survival, given the circumstances.

>>Every single ding dong Jedi seems to have survived and are hiding on some planet :p<<

As of the beginning of ANH, there were only about 15 Jedi left (not counting Luke, Yoda or Obi-wan), which fits in with a line of dialogue from Ob-wan apparently cut from the film but appeared in the Radio Drama, something to the effect of "there are others, but they cannot help us.", and by the time of ROTJ (or shortly thereafter), all had died except for 6 (not counting Luke) and 3 of those had either been in hibernation or outside the galaxy since before the purge even began, with the other 3 living in hiding either in slums or nebulas with treacherous navigation.

To narrow 9,000 down to only a dozen in such a vast galaxy is quite the accompishment! ::)

>>Bossk survived<<

Not sure if it's really been confirmed Bossk was aboard the sail barge, or just another member of his species ala Beedo/Greedo.

>>Bib Fortuna survived<<

He survives because he jumps for safety from the explosion of a thermal detonator, not the explosion Luke caused*, so it's not like he was psychic or anything[face_batting]

*You'll note the sail barge is destroyed by two seperate explosions- the second one in the forward hull was explained as being the detonator.

>>Veers survived<<

To be fair, he was never shown being killed on-screen.
  19. JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know the Max Rebo band survived, but they left there insturments on the ship!
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.