main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bounty Hunters in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Mar 17, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. I would prefer a new bounty hunter to have the equivelant of a biker image than just these giant ships.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Speeders from ROTJ, Maul's speeder in TPM and Grievous's thing in ROTS were cool. Hope to see some more new designs.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    Cad Bane

one of the only TCW characters that I tolerated.

Lord Optimus likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I think there could be a case for Embo, so long as his species have long lifespans.

5. TheMadHatter

Sep 16, 2009
    just had to google him,

I take it he's similar in character?

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Never talks, but he is visually interesting. Could work on film.

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Hopefully if bounty hunters are going to be part of the story (I certainly hope so) then they will be all new. I just wouldn't see the reason behind Boba Fett bein included as some have wished. The OT was Bobas trilogy (as an adult bounty hunter) and he perished. Cad Bane was my kind of scum but he really belongs in the CW. He never appeared in the PT. that's a particular shame because he would've been excellent for the ST. Just the sort it'll need.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If Boba Fett appears it would be fan service of the highest caliber. I want new characters, same as you. As long as the main core group are in there, it doesn't have to be a high school reunion film with everybody else.

9. TheMadHatter

Sep 16, 2009
    CoD i'd have to see an ep with him in it,

there is something about a wise cracking Bounty hunter in a preacher style hat. Why I like Cad

10. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    He doesn't dissect every scene with a scalpel just makes light hearted observations and makes it very funny. The guys a massive Star Wars fan and its interesting to see his take on it.

11. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    That's right but Boba was never really one of the MAIN protagonists of the OT. He had a prominent role to play in ESB and a bit in ROTJ and was definitely a fan favourite. ( even after we found out he was a clone) plus if its written in he survived the Saarlac he's gonna be pretty old. Yes the others old, but hes not really essential to the story.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Wait, Boba shouldn't appear in the ST because the OT was his story (fair enough agrument, that), but it's a shame Cad Bane didn't appear in the PT, because that would've made him a good candidate for the ST? I don't get what you're saying here.

13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    No my whole post said Bane was part of the Clone Wars (cartoon series) but didnt appear in the PT (for the obvious reasons). Probably fair to say everyone that will pack the cinemas to see Episode 7 will be fans and will know who Bane is and where he fits chronologically. Don't think for that reason he would fit, and that's a shame because he's quality.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I like Cad Bane quite a lot, too. The good news is that we'll have a number of SW films other than the ST coming soon on the horizon and if we're lucky, Bane will make his live action debut in one of them before long. One of the happy coincidences of the cancellation of TCW is that it appears he will survive the Clone War, so it could be possible.

Cross your fingers.

Lord Optimus likes this.
  15. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    What, maybe if Mcgregor gets his wish for an Obiwan stand alone film? Bane could be the villain in that. That's if your cool with the idea of an Obi wan film? What would your ideas be otherwise for Bane to appear in a spin off film? Not trying to make a point, just asking for your view.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    It was largely Ewan's portrayal of Obi-Wan in the PT that saw Kenobi join my childhood hero, Luke Skywalker, as the only two characters to reside in my "Star Wars pantheon," if you will. I'm so in favor of an Ewan/Obi-Wan stand-alone picture, that it's not even funny.

As far as Cad Bane is concerned, one of my fears for TCW was that they would show a too-young Bobba Fett taking out Bane during that show. I always thought that, as we know Boba's reign as top dog begins during the Dark Times, that particular showdown should wait, making it possible for Boba to be seen battling Bane for the number one spot as a young adult sometime during the proposed Live Action Show. Though my thoughts for a Boba Fett film revolve around a story set post-ROTJ, I'd love to see him in action as a younger man, too and I think Cad Bane could be a really great foil to Fett there. I could even envision the pair having to work together to survive a situation, earning one-another's grudging respect in the process, before finally having things come to a head.

Whether or not we'll ever even see the LAS is still open for debate, of course, but I felt this would have been a good vehicle to feature Cad Bane doing his thing for a while in a live action setting before eventually meeting his end (or being forced into retirement, exile, or the like) and bowing out. I suppose that, other than that, I'd have to consider it a little before I could say how I'd have Bane appear in a stand-alone, feature film.

17. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Totally liking the idea of Fett and Bane together in a film. The working together to survive angle would be cool. Maybe Bane could perish at the hands of Fett but be remembered as a kinda of anti hero in the eyes of the audience in some way? Think timeline wise this would have to take place before ANH though.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, liking everything about that, too. And remembered as an anti-hero not just by the audience, but in-universe, as well, helping to shape Bane's legacy in a new manner for the public-at-large. Oh, and you're right, definitely pre-ANH. That's the time period where the two character's prime years are likely to overlap best.

My idea for a post-ROTJ Fett film revolves around an entirely different premise, altogether.

19. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    So was it in the EU Fett survived the Sarlaac? How did he survive? Sorry but I don't know.

20. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    B O S S K.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes, Boba Fett was resurrected as a character in the EU (as there were no forthcoming movies at the time, this was the only place to tell new Star Wars stories). As with most things EU, it's a bit convoluted (but still considered canon, of course).

Basically, unlike most of the Sarlaac's victims, Boba was fortunate to have fallen into the creature free of prisoner restraints, while wearing a suit of armor that offerred both defensive and offensive capabilities. He fought his way out, killing the damned thing. Pretty much what you'd expect.

As I said, though, it's not so straightforward. The writers had the ridiculous notion to have him fall in to a Sarlaac again, this time, though, using his wits to finesse the Sarlaac into activating his jetpack. There was a large explosion and Fett was left near-death, discovered and nursed back to health by Dengar (one of the bounty hunters from ESB).

Personally, I'm on board fully with his first escape and I hope that any filmed depiction of Fett's survival would only showcase that one event as G-canon.

Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of all of the EU, but I am glad that Fett was given another chance after ROTJ. The many stories focused on him took a character who was off to an interesting start in ESB, righted what George Lucas admitted was a lack of foresight in killing him off in such a silly manner in ROTJ and began to flesh Boba out into a character with some depth and an interesting storyline where a regular man would go on to flourish in a world usually dominated by Force-users.

22. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I suppose that's plausible. And he was undoubtedly killed off too early and too EASILY. Certainly not for the rep he had. Interested to ask, did your perception of him change when it was revealed he was a clone or was it of no consequence to you?

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It would be interesting to see Cade Bane in the ST - but I would think by now, he'd be a retired 'Godfather' Crime Lord - effectively 'ruling' his little corner of the Galaxy Crime syndicate - would love to see him in an opulent 'office' somewhere either speaking with one the heroes saying something along the lines of "I can get you dat, but it will cost you... Not'ing in this Galaxy is truly free..."

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd like to see a new Bounty Hunter that then becomes hopelessly overexposed to fanfic.

Darth Claire likes this.
  25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    See now, Breezy, that's exactly the part I see for Boba in the ST. If not the role of Mand'alor the EU has taken him to, then an exalted crime lord is precisely the role I see.

I wouldn't expect to see this 60-70 year-old Boba in much more than a scene or two, where an unmasked, aged and battle-scarred Temuera Morrison grants an audience to a person representing the New Republic's need of Fett's outside of the law help (say, Han Solo - imagine that). I envision Fett and Solo reaching a deal in order to get something important arranged/accomplished in dealing with a shared enemy (the new 'big bad'). For the action scenes, a new hunter acting as Fett's muscle could be great. I even thought that role of new muscle could be filled by the next Fett in line.

In fact, Boba Fett climbing out of the Sarlaac, realizing it's time to be more than a bounty hunter, and just beginning to establish himself as a powerful underground figure in the vacuum left after the death of Jabba and the hit the Empire took at Endor is the starting point of my idea for a post-ROTJ stand-alone film. If Boba were given a small role in the ST, shown at the height of his behind-the-scenes, 'Godfather' powers, the later post-Jedi Boba Fett film could act as an origin story for this criminal empire of his.

As far as Cad Bane goes, I think he's great, but if Boba Fett is roughly Han's age and we know Bane is 20 or so years older than that? I just don't know if a roughy 90 year old Bane is the BaneI want to see.

BountyHunter76 likes this.