main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bounty Hunters in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

The hate directed at Affleck is ridiculous - it is all "jumping on the bandwagon stuff", no-one can justify any of it if confronted.

2. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I suspect there will not be any bounty hunters in Episode VII - at least no actually bounty hunting. Maybe bounty hunters from future films will be in a spaceport/bar scene though.

I think Abrams will be too busy establishing the new characters and political landscape.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I thought Man of Steel was ridiculously awful so I expect this gritty reboot to be awful as well, with or without Affleck.

Oh and bounty hunters, yeah sure why not.

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If MVS is portraying Montross i'd love to see someone like Clint Eastwood or Michael Caine as Jaster Mereel coming back to get his revenge =P~

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I don't think it is that Montross.

6. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Two Words : Boba Fett , His addition will add fan support, acclaim and more money to a movie already destined to fill Disneys coffers for many years to come. How can they do it well, they can solve both the sarlacc mess and his age with a couple lines of dialoge and then leave the door open to easily transition to his stand alone movie which will show us how he escaped the sarlacc and what he did in the preceeding years afterward...........

TKT likes this.
  7. Jerome83

Jerome83 Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2014
    A bounty hunter made of parts left from Grievous!

8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not so sure, theres been rumours that MVS is portraying a Mandalorian veteran-come barfly.

9. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I didn't see that rumor or I overlooked it. If that is the case then he might be.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    If that is the case, then I have no problem with a few explanations on how he escapes, but the main thing we need to understand is we don't need to see Fett AFTER ROTJ. If he met his doom, no big deal as we can see his standalone film take place BEFORE ROTJ.

11. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

Could IG-88 be mo-capped? I've only associated it with aliens, not robots as well.

12. Jerome83

Jerome83 Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2014

It worked with Terminator!

13. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Pretty much anything that moves can be mo-capped.

14. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    I have little interest in seeing a Pre Jedi or Pre Empire Fett movie. He has already been established that he was one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy. We know he did not put up a very good fight in Jedi as he taken out by a blind Han Solo and his Jet Pack must have been tampered with or something. It would be much more interesting if we get a Fett movie based After Jedi, opening up a expanse of time during the galaxy that has not been touched on, it would be great to see Fett escape the Sarlacc or learn that the character that went into the Sarlacc was not Fett at all but a imposter and the real Fett returns. Either way we can get a view of the underworld of the star wars universe after the fall of the Empire........Very interesting indeed !

El_Machete12 likes this.
  15. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

I wonder how'd it look with puppets and Force ghosts. :p

16. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Boba Fett peaked in Empire Strikes Back. He's the best example of how you can overdo a good thing.

Brief appearance in Christmas special. Kinda weird prototype version but it worked for an intro.

IN ESB he had hardly any lines but sounded cool when he said them. Looked cool. Had a cool ship. A cool job. Jingled when he walked. Knows Han Solo's slick moves. Didn't seem uncomfortable with Darth Vader in his face, nor getting in Darth F'n Vader's personal space and voicing his concerns. Made Imperial Stormtroopers his personal moving crew and stuffed Han Solo in the trunk. Very cool.

Then comes ROTJ, and yeah a jetpack and a brief move on Luke Skywalker, but then a blind dude accidentally sends him flailing and screaming into a hole in the ground.

Oh but next, he's added to Star Wars, where he gives the fanboy nod to nobody.

And then he's macking on some 7 in Jabba's palace with his mask on.

And then he's a clone boy who needs a haircut.

And then, he's from New Zealand.

17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Thank you for proving my point. ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love Gand, so I'd cheer if Zuckuss returns.

Abadacus likes this.
  19. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Trandoshans were supposed to have short lifespans, so Bossk would be dead, but I'd love to see more Trandoshans in any case.
    As far as Tales goes, the one that I'm glad is struck from canon is the IG-88 one. If he didn't become the DSII's brain, then he can still be around for the ST!
    The one that I'd most want recanonized is Of Possible Futures. The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM was brilliant, and would make a great spinoff film. For the ST era, I want to know if he ever got those new lungs, and if he and 4-LOM got back to working together. I know of nothing that suggests Gand can't live that long, and he was such an incredibly memorable character in that story.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  20. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Abadacus

I'd like to see a live action fight between Chewie and a Trandoshan - it was great on TCW. ;)

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    all I would want is Cad Bane and Boba Fett.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Pretty much this, however, I think it's also possible there might be a "wretched hive of scum and villainy" Our Heroes may visit for some local "colour". Then there will be lots and lots of comics and toys and books telling us individually who of those were bounty hunters.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

Dawg Fett

24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Yes - one thought I had was the heroes needing some criminal types to get them into enemy territory and maybe Oscar Issac is a pirate captain and Andy Serkis' alien is his first mate (or Aerkis' as the pirate leader).

Not smugglers though - actual pirates with a pirate crew. Like Hondo and his gang but more aliens.

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    So we know we have sith and jedi, droids and troopers. Has anyone been cast as a bounty hunter or smuggler-scoundrel ? Here is a chance to see bounty hunters in real action. Sorry folks, but the Clone Wars show had so great bounty hunter characters, the new Disney story should have some.

Mav Edit: There is already a thread on Bounty Hunters, I'm going to merge this thread with that one. Please search before starting a new thread.

Vib3s likes this.