main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bounty Hunters Miniatures Release Event 30th Sept, Stafford , UK

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Tritex, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tritex

Tritex Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    BOUNTY HUNTERS RELEASE EVENT SATURDAY THE 30th OF SEPTEMBER 2006

Please see below details of an upcoming Star Wars Miniature event from the Midlands Premier Event Level Tournament Organiser for Stafford and Birmingham 'Steve Avann' who has run DCI sanctioned events for Magic the Gathering at Stafford and Birmingham for over eight years.

Until now he has run Magic CCG events exclusively but now is branching out into organising miniatures events, starting with a Release event for the Bounty Hunters expansion for the Star Wars Miniatures Game at my Stafford venue.

This event in collaboration with Tritex Games http://www.tritex-games.co.uk/ is the first event where he will be running Miniatures as an organised play event. he also intends offer another miniatures event with the next D&D miniatures release later in the year [details TBC].
    The aim of this event is to start to give miniatures players the chance to participate in the same large scale release events that Magic players have enjoyed for years. If you have an interest in attending this event as either a fan of Star Wars or of miniatures in general then please come along for what ought to be a great day out. With continued player support we hope that minis events will become a part of our organised events for years to come.

I hope that we can bring to the Miniatures players the wealth of experience in organising quality, fun events that our Magic players have come to expect. Steves events team includes two DCI approved Judges and Steve is a sanctioned events co-ordinator.

I?d like to invite anyone who can attend to come along to Stafford venue on Saturday the 30th of September to participate in what I hope will be the first of many Miniatures events. If you don?t want to take part but are curious to see what happens at a sanctioned event, then please come along on the day and watch. There will be plenty of space for spectators and there is no cost to do so. In fact, the more people at the event the merrier!

Come along to play, to watch, to trade, to shop. I?m sure that you?ll have a great time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or Steve Avann on his e-mail which is detailed at the bottom of this message.

Once again, thanks for reading and we look forward to seeing you at the event.

Premier Event Level Tournament Organiser for Stafford and Birmingham

Steves Event notes:

[1] The price for admission is £30.00 for two reasons. Firstly, it falls in line with Wizards of the Coast pricing guidelines and secondly because the product given to each player to use on the day is two Bounty Hunters TM boosters.

[2] In addition to event prize support provided by Wizards of the Coast, we will be adding to the prize fund in a variety of ways. Many thanks to Jason at Tritex Games for his excellent support of this event.

Here are the full event details:

BOUNTY HUNTERS RELEASE EVENT SATURDAY THE 30th OF SEPTEMBER 2006

VENUE: The Centre for the Blind, North Walls, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16 3AD

START TIME: Enrolment from 9:30am till 10:30am. The main event will start at about 11:00am.

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE: The Swiss system will be used to determine the winner.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT: Kill-them-all. This means the person who eliminates all of his or her opposition is the winner.

Each player will put together a 150-point Sealed squad using two Bounty Hunters Booster Packs and use rules located in a Starter Game box.

The tournament will be run according to the 2004 DCI Universal Tournament Rules and DCI Universal Penalty Guidelines.

Rounds will be a maximum length of 60 minutes.

Rules Enforcement Level: 1

ENTRY FEE: £30.00 for main event

Cost of entry includes two (2) Bounty Hunters TM boosters.

PRIZES: As per Wizards of the Coast premier event prize structure

As well as the prize support from Wizards of the Coast there will be prize support for the event from this set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.