main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bounty Hunters: Unbiased assassins for hire?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lightsabre, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Couldn't they just clone more clones from other clones and thus not need Boba around at all? You can't tell me that's not what the Republic does during the Clone Wars, with Jango dead, Boba who knows where and battle attrition creating the need for more troops.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    You'd have to go to 3SA to find out more about that.

3. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    ...the Rebel Alliance, who were likely to glorify the memory of the Jedi (Dodonna: "May the Force be With You," and Ackbar: "May the Force be With Us")...

This is fodder for a whole new topic, something that I hadn't considered before. Did the Rebel Alliance believe in the force/Jedi? Or was it just older leaders like Dodonna that decided to use the phrase since an old Jedi-great like Kenobi had helped retrieve the DS plans?

By the time Ackbar muttered the phrase, Luke was known to be a Jedi (or at least the others would label him as such since he used the force).

Spike, I don't bank too much on the EU, although it can add fuel to the speculation. However, it would make sense to go after Luke to seek some sort of revenge for his father's decapitation. Perhaps he would have if the timeline between ESB and ROTJ were longer. I still think Fett's main motivation was dinero and he just happened to be after the right bounty at the right time.

4. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    How would Boba Fett ever have any idea what General Dodonna, or any Rebel for that matter, says while in their secret bases?

5. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    It wasn't so much that BF overheard anything like that, but knew that the Rebellion was headed by Jedi sympathizers. However, again, this wouldn't have been an issue for BF, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.