main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bounty Hunters

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Padawan915, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I think saber has an excellent point here. You only see the Bounty Hunters as symbols, but you never get to know more about them. It's this feeling of wanting to know more that makes the Bounty Hunter such an attractive character to the fans. You see them, but you never get to know more about them. I think that's one of the reasons why I liked AOTC, you get to understand the nature of the bounty hunters a little more with Jango and Zem.

Where are my pants ?[face_plain] - Pada

2. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Supposedly Bounty Hunters like Boba Fett and Aurra Sing killed a few Jedi during the Purges...though I don't know if we'll be seeing it on film...

3. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Padawan915, I would highly recommend that you play Star Wars: Bounty Hunter someday.

It does a great job of 'joining the dots' for some important points between TPM and AOTC, and fleshes out Jango and Zam a lot.

4. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    I noticed you missed Boushh from the list, do you count Princess Leia disguised as Boushh to be a bounty hunter?

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    The bounty hunters are one of the reasons I love Star Wars. I always like to see what new designs they have thought of for each movie and what gadgets they have hiding.

6. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Boushh has a great visual look, but since we never see the actual Boushh I missed him off the list.

7. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Do we know that Boussh is a real bounty hunter or just a made up bounty hunter for leia to use as a disguise?

8. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    The only extra information I know about Boushh is from Shadows of the Empire, EU material. Ever read that one?

It's pretty good, in a similar way to the Bounty Hunter videogame it fills in some gaps between ESB and ROTJ. Boushh was an actual bounty hunter. I don't know what race he was but he spoke Ubese, and he was killed either by criminals or by special agents to give Leia something to wear as a disguise, one of the two.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From 'A Guide to the Star Wars Universe' 3rd edition:
    Boushh - A bounty hunter and contract employee of the Black Sun criminal syndicate. The hunter made the mistake of witholding credits from the syndicate and was eliminated. Guri, Prince Xizor's assassin, provided Leia Organa with Boushh's helmet and outfit so she could sneak into the Imperial Center. Organa later used the disguise to gain access to Jabba the Hutt's palace.
    Ubese - A species from the Uba system. Their planet was ravaged by a preemptive Old Republic strike due to their aggressive weapons development program. The bounty hunter Boushh was an Ubese. Their language is typified by its metallic sounds.

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Thanks for that information LAJ_FETT :) I didn't know that until now.

11. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Thank you, LAJ_FETT :)

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You're welcome. And I can also recommend the 'Bounty Hunter' game. I am halfway thru it and have just gotten Slave I. It does fill in some gaps. You don't actually get to fly Slave I, however. :(

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Oh that's no good :( I find the bounty hunters to be the most interesting characters in Star Wars.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There was a thread done on the EU:Literature board when the Bounty Hunter game came out that told the story. Go
    here to see.

15. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Thanks very much for that link. I finished Bounty Hunter a week ago and enjoyed it a lot. I was even thinking about trying to transcribe all the in-game speech for the cutscenes and FMVs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.