main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boushh

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Rett_Brone, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rett_Brone

Rett_Brone Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2001
    For some reason the look to this bounty hunter really fascinates me. Has anyone attempted this costume? And what advice could you give me on this one?

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Brandi Messee has done this costume, as well as every other Leia costume with the exception of the Bespin gowns.

3. Maulwalker

Maulwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 1999
    Psst, JediToren. Brandi has done the all the Bespin costumes.

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
  5. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Does anyone know why she doesnt have any pictures of her costumes besides slave, boushh, and endor? just curious......

6. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    This probably isn't going to help any at all: the lady who sat across from me at the 501st Dragon*con dinner, wore this costume. But all I remeber them (them the husband and wife. Husband either bought the costume for her or made it for her can't remeber) saying was that the dark brown reddish part that rest on the shoulders was a pain to get on and off. And that it once snaped in half and the husband had sand it, glue it, and sand it some more.

7. Maulwalker

Maulwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 1999
    Brandi used to have photos of all her costumes on PhotoPoint. When that company went under, they took all pictures with them. Brandi is having to build a web page and find her original pictures. And when it comes down to working on her web page or working on new costumes, Brandi prefers the later - especially with Dragon*Con less than a month away. ;-)

8. Admiral_Daala

Admiral_Daala Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    HAHA MW... you hit it right on the nose!
    I wish i did have all the pictures up! Some i dont have pictures of at all, or ive totally redone the costume and i forget to take pics when im in them. Im hoping to get all them up by the end of the year. :)
    Yeah, ive made the boushh costume. I remember the husband wife team at dragoncon last year. I got to talk to them for a while. Her husband had actually made the helmet and armor.

9. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Brandi, I just want to tell you that I am a fan of your stuff, and I can't wait to see some more of your costumes in the future (not to sound sappy or anything , but i must bow before you... ;) )

10. Rett_Brone

Rett_Brone Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2001
    Admiral_Daala, I love the costuming you've done on your website. I commend you for all of your work. How did you construct Boushh's helmet and backpack? They look great!

11. Admiral_Daala

Admiral_Daala Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    Thank you so much for the compliments you guys! Im blushing at my ego boost of the day! tee hee hee

My boushh helmet and backpack were made from paper mache. The muzzle shape of the helmet was covered in leather though. Its not hard to do, just more time consuming. If there is care and patience, it wont come out looking like the 1st grade crafts we all remember, hehehe ;)
    When my mom and I made this costume around 5 or 6 years ago there really wansnt the loads of pictures there are now! We mainly had to work from the movies and kiddies books. Im hoping to redo my helmet again. Not sure how this time though, but DEFINATELY wanting to put some lights in the top visor and a voice changer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.