main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bow To Me...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by KenKenobi, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    No, don't really bow to me. But you gotta give me some credit. ;) :p

This thread is so Obi Anne can come and copy the code (by going to "edit" my message) and update accordingly the Welcome Thread and Quick Tour of the Neighborhood Thread. :)

Welcome..to the Star Wars Community Forum! :D :cool:

Here's Master Windu to help explain the Forum Purpose and the essence of appropriate threads fit to be posted within this forum. :)

And now to Master Windu...

[image=http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/cgmace.jpg]

Thank you, Ken. Now, the Forum Purpose of the SWC is to provide a gathering place for Star Wars fans to engage in light-hearted discussion about the Star Wars films and aspects of. This ranges from games to clubs and organizations, from humor to intellectual discussion, and, of course, one of the main parts of this forum, questions.

Appropriate thread types for this forum include discussions about one film of either trilogy, one specific trilogy, one aspect of a film (sound effects, characters, etc.), games, fan clubs/defense forces and line-by-line threads.

Say you want to discuss a parallel topic between Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace. You discuss it here. If you want to discuss just Attack of the Clones, you take it to the Attack of the Clones forum, which happens to be located here.

Now, if you have a thread topic that meets all of the following criteria...

• Any thread discussing a more serious aspect of the Star Wars saga (such as a character's growth throughout the entire saga, an reoccuring concept throughout the saga, ect.)

• Any thread dealing with the saga as a whole, not one film, one aspect of a film, or either trilogy exclusively.

• Any thread in which the subject's main topic is about the progression of the saga as a whole

• ...if you would please relocate that thread to the Star Wars Saga Forum, it would be most appreciated.

Now Master Yoda is here to talk about both Forum Management and what you should do should a problem arise within the forum.

Master Yoda...

[image=http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e2coru05.jpg]

To tell you about Forum Management in the SWC, I am.

One Forum Moderator there currently is.
      Obi Anne, her name is. Is there to answer your questions and help in solving any problems you may be experiencing, she is.

To ask her a question or to enlist her aid with a problem, shoot her a Private Message, you should.

Also, if having a problem, a question, a concern, or a suggestion you are, post your thoughts in the SWC Communications Thread, you should. ;)

Chancellor Palpatine is ready to make a special address now, outlining the "do's and don'ts" of the forum and touching on a few of the more important forum policies. :)

Chancellor...

[image=http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/cgpalp.jpg]

Ladies, Gentlemen, and Beings of the Senate, I assure you that I am not a Sith Master, but rather I just like the feel of a large cloak. And that lightning was just a holographic trick I learned in my days as a...

What? Oh, sorry. Anyways...

The Do's and Don'ts of this forum are as follow...

Do..

• Be considerate of your fellow posters, especially the new folks on the block. You don't know the repercussions of your actions, so make sure that all of your actions are good ones. ;)

• Stop and think before you hit the "post" button. Try to make sure you are adding to the conversation in a positive mann

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    And you're not even a mod :p

3. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Wow, nice work Ken. :)

4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] *bows to Ken.* As a gift of your supremacy with this forum over us regular users, and your wonderful index, I present to you... a cow. :)

5. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    :eek:

A cow?

*bows to Padawan_Jess_Kenobi*

;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

6. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    *tsk*

Keep this up Ken, and they're going to make you a mod. ;) :p

Nice job, have a herring. :p

7. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002

A herring?

*bows to Alybrylla*

8. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    *bows to Ken*

Good job!

Have a chocolate easter bunny.

Rick McCallum thinks you're seriously deranged!

9. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Oops forgot my offering! [face_blush]

Here's wrapper to the pop-tart I just ate. :p

10. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002

A chocola- wait a second. Dude, come on. A chocolate bunny? It's June. Not even close to Easter. Geesh...

*rolls his eyes*

11. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    WHOA.

You have no life, and for that I salute you. :) We support our own!

Rick McCallum loves you!

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002

Ken ... too much free time ... :p

Good job, though! ;) :p

13. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Great Job Ken. Thumbs up! :cool:

14. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I will never bow to you, your crazy man. Crazy you here me.

*runs out of threads*

Hehehe crazy, yes. Mwahaha

*pops head back in thread*

Really though, good job Ken. I may just have to make it a goal to post in every link you supplied, might take a while.

15. YODA_SITH

YODA_SITH Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I agree to much free time but great work kenk but if you don't stop it I'm going to loose you to the MODS. Not that thats a bad thing just that Oh I don't know what I'm talking about here have a goat. I'm to missed up today to write anything. :p

16. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Ah, goats, cows, herrings, chocolate bunnies, pop tart wrappers... [face_mischief]

Moderators, Schmoderators, I've got all of this! :D :cool:

Now all I needs is...a shrubbary! ;) :p

17. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    *hands Ken a nice shrubbary*

I hope you like it.

18. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Yessss....

*drools*

Now I am complete. :D :p

Not that any of these things will give me back my entire morning that was spent going through nearly FORTY pages of threads and cataloging each and every one alphabetically and according to topic, some meeting the criteria of two catagories and requiring double the work.

But alas, I grew not weary, and I stand before you today a proud man in front of a mighty work. May I update this index accordingly and begin the great quest to end redundancy and aid the members of this magnificant forum.

*burps*

Ok, enough of that. Back to the bowing and the giving and the farm animals... [face_mischief] [face_devil] :p

19. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002

*Bows* I bring greetings from Finland. Here's some sausages and beer. Truly an amazing thread. You are one of a kind.

20. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Wonderful work Ken! This would really help those who need to find a specific topic...catagory.....whatever! :p

*Bows to Ken and gives him a salmon*

Hope you like that! Anyway, thanks again! This really helps me too! I finally have a list of all the polls and games in the SWC! Good work! They'll sure give you moderatorship (if that's what they call it).

21. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
  22. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    All mighte Ken, All mighte....wait your just any appy I don't :p You should bow before me ;) :p

23. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    dan: Create the complete Thread Index for the YJCC and I'll bow to you. But not until then... [face_mischief] :p

*mumbles something about crazy DL's and gets on his knees* :p

24. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Congratulations! As a reward, take a short holiday.

Did you enjoy it? Right.

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The Welcome to the Community thread has been updated, the index will take some more time, it isn't just to copy and paste when you do updates that are this big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.