Ark Bowl for Kids 2007 -Thanks, everybody!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaira, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowscout04 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I'm definitely out as far as the actual bowling, I'm having surgery on my wrist on Feb. 16th and I don't think bowling would be a smart thing for me to do, but I will be trying to get Wal-Mart to match what we raise. I don't know if I'll even feel like dressing up, just have to wait and see.

ShadowScout out
  2. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Scout, I'd love to just see you there. Come out and cheer us on. I hope you can accompany us, and I hope your surgery goes well. :)

Lavenderrose @};-
  3. Kamikaze_TIE Jedi Knight

I cant seem to find out whats going on with the tools page of BB/BS its not bringing up the printable donation form
  4. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well just having you there as part of the "peanut gallery" will be fun enough. Believe me, the way I bowl, you'll have plenty of ammo and opportunity for good fun-loving sarcastic remarks! *lol*
  5. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, my bowling is pretty unpredictable. I can kick butt, or I can kick mine, and anywhere in between.

@};-
  6. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everybody, I'm upping this. We still need at least 2 more team members, preferrably 4. And we still need $875 dollars.(We've donated $100 that hasn't shown up on the team page yet). If you know how much people are pledging, you can input it into your page and it will be added to the overall team total.

Kamikaze, did you figure out how to get the pledge sheet? Click on the Tools tab, and it's the second option directly under the tabs.
  7. nlrtrooper Jedi Knight

I have a check from another organization we belong to for $100 for me. Matt has the $25 that was posted on the website and so far another $45 from friends. As far as I can tell there is no way to enter that money on their website. We will have $200 between us by the time we bowl.

8. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    That reminds me - at the meeting this weekend, I will show all of you guys how to navigate the Bowl For Kids website. I know it isn't user-friendly, but I'm pretty good at it now. :)
  9. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1

In the words of a very geeky guy, "Refrigerated Legumes." :) (And NO, I was not quoting myself there.) ;)

10. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    When I get paid on February 1, I'll post the money (if I can figure it out and not screw it up like I did last year). $100 on the Way from my end.

@};-
  11. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I've updated the list in the first post. Vader_86 has joined the team, and we have to reserve one spot for the first lady's bowler. That being said, we have 2 spots open, but we have enough people now for two teams. Now we just need to raise the money.
  12. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sure...you say that you weren't......

Just kidding.

Add Kynstar to the bowlers list. She said at the meeting thingy that she'd bowl (I think). I've got enough extra raised to cover her....
  13. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright Kynstar! Wouldn't be the same without you. :)

@};-
  14. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I put my $100 in, but it didn't go under my name. It went under the team general donation thing, so I guess it's $125 for right now. Hope that helps.

@};-
  15. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    not bowling or anything but might swing in to say hello and give KYNSTAR her book. let her know for me guys.:)
  16. WeyrleaderZor Jedi Knight

star 1
    While we're at this... What does everyone typically bowl anyway? I am not good by any stretch of the imagination. Breaking 100 is a good day for me. ^_^ Yeah, I AM that bad. *lol*
  17. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    No, I don't usually get around to it, but I do enjoy bowling whenever I can. Don't worry, I think we're just in it for the participation. I don't remember anyone getting hacked on because they threw too manny gutters or something. I'm sure I've got everyone else's back up on that. Right, y'all? I am truly looking forward to this bowling trip. Whatever I can do to to stay as involved as I can before I go back. I'm looking forward to being with my family again, but I am still going to miss everyone dearly. By the way, I'll go through spells where I'll kick butt, and I'll go through spells where I can't miss the gutter to save my life. It's kinda unpredictable for me.

@};-
  18. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    There's a score in bowling?

Just kidding... I know there is a score.

But, unless I'm bowling with a kid and the bumpers are up... I am completely horrible at bowling.

Last year we didn't really try to bowl for a score or anything... (at least I don't think we did...) I didn't really bowl. Just
    roamed around taking pictures.

That and we were bowling in costumes...so, it's not like the score is going to be that good anyway.
    I guess they could be better this year but I certainly won't be very high on the board. It's more about having fun and raising money
    and awareness for a great cause.
  19. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh my gosh! Last night I did the cosmic bowling on base with a friend with the cool black lights, and I don't think any of us broke 100. I was good and sucky last night. There was one time I tried to hurry with the ball, and between the two tries I got 1 pin down. I said to the guys I was bowling, "Hurry up and screw up." I couldn't bowl a straight line to save my life! Hopefully I'll do better on the 24th. One guy even said to me when I got a gutter on a first try, "See if you can get a strike; quit ****ing up." Doesn't really make me feel confident for the 24th, or very trusting of my teammates. I hear something like that and I start to wonder if I'll make you guys look bad in Little Rock. I guess all I can do is try not to worry about it.

@};-
  20. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I usually am lucky if I break 100, too! LOL!!! I did better the last couple of times I went though and I hope to do better this time. I don't remember what my score was. I should have recorded it somewhere, but it was above 120.
    I am interested to see if I can do as well in costume.
  21. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dressed as Leia didn't make it any more difficult last year, and you'll be...what? Darth Vader before the helmet again like when I first met you? It shouldn't make it much more difficult unless that costume is really hot or it is restricting...[checks old pic from first night]...well, all those pieces may add a challenge, but it's probably the storm troopers and the armor-donned Darth Vader (if there'll be one) who will have it the toughest. I don't know, how difficult was it for you, Nyborg or whoever was dressed up in the armor?

@};-
  22. Kamikaze_TIE Jedi Knight

Dont know usually i can break 100 but ive never bowled in cosume before so this should be a challenge for me also thinkin maybe I can get a site up for this just picture mainly since its only less then 2 weeks away
  23. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    The plan is for us to show up about 1-2 hrs ahead of time in costume and hang out then the ones that are bowling if they want can change and bowl in street clothes.
  24. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Kanikaze: Huh?

anyway, bumping this since it's next weekend.
  25. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.