main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Bowl for Kids 2007 -Thanks, everybody!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaira, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    You sure we won't overstay our welcome by doing that?

@};-

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    That has been the plan all along for those coming in armor wanting to bowl, but not wanting to bowl in their costumes.

There's no overstaying of anyone's welcome?

I think thats what you were referring to?

If that didn't answer your question...let me know.

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Lavender, that was what we were asked to do, so no, there is no overstaying our welcome. They want us there hanging out in costume.

4. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh, if they want us to hang out and stuff, just let me know when you want me there. :) Thanks.

@};-

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    We're going out early to stand around in costume...

(You know, draw attention the the event)

And then those who want to bowl OUT of costume (troopers etc.)...Though a few pics of troopers etc. giving the ol' ball a sling down the lane
    is always good for the group...

Then they change and bowl. You can bowl in your costume if you want to... Or you can change.

You're costume is ok to bowl in if you want...

Thats about it.

[face_pig]

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    bumping it since I buried it so far down below...

7. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Well please let me know what time you guys will be showing up. Early can mean 1 or 3 hours ahead of time. I just want to know what time I'm expected. By the way, I'm sure I'll go ahead and bowl in costume. I'll be in no rush to get out of my Princess Leia costume. Funny, I'll be wearing 2 costumes that day: my Princess Leia one for bowling and one that evening when I perform in The Comedy of Errors. First night of play is the 23rd at the Main Beebe campus. Anyone wish to go and see it, please do. I'll be a merchant in a lilac dress and my lines start in Act 4.

@};-

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    lavender: What is it with you and the purple???

Just keep checking here cause sometime next week we'll post the exact times.

[face_pig]

9. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I like to type my messages in blue since it's one of my favorite colors (white and silver would not be as easy to read, and my idea of silver is not the dull kind seen in writing), and I figured purple is the closest font color to lavender it would make a good signature color whenever I put my screen name at the end. It's just my way of posting.

Lavenderrose @};-

P.S. I'll keep my eye out for the times; I have this on notification anyway, and if I'm already at the computer, I'll get it in about a minute or 2.

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I meant that you were wearing lilac in your play..

And your user id is lavender...Thought it might be your favorite color.

Will post the time by Monday evening.

11. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Oooohhh. I didn't pick the fabric, Mrs. Williams must have. I still thought she was going to have me play a man when I saw the fabrics laid out to make into our costumes (yes, I'll be making my own costume during Theatre Workshop and I trust I'll get an A with the overtime I've been putting in because I was picky about my stopping point). Something didnt make sense when I saw the fabric, and even more so, the pattern, both of which Mrs. Williams said were mine, until she said she'd have me play a lady after all.

By the way, yes, I'll watch for the times posting Monday night, probably see it after I get back from rehearsal. I promised Mrs. Williams I'd be there since I don't have class for President's Day. We are running through the entire play and it will be timed Monday night. Can't wait till the bowling. :) Am I credited for my $100 even though I got it on the general team instead of my particular webpage?

@};-

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, it's good to hear that you're playing a girl.

If we're supposed to bowl at 1pm. Then a couple of hours before that is somewhere around 11am.

If that changes it will be posted...

13. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Ok, I'll try and be there at around 11, 12 at the latest.

14. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Oooookay! I finally signed up. Sorry it took me so long, but I just haven't had enough time in front of a computer for a loooooooong time.

It says we only have 8 people signed up. Did some people drop out?

I can't be there until after 12. I teach from 10-12, but I will come straight from the studio. Is that okay?

Does anyone have any problem with me coming as Cap'n Jack, or do we need to be all Star Wars for this one? I've also thought that sometime it would be fun to do a variation on the old "Space Pirate" theme and wear a combination of my Jack and Jedi costumes.

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I don't have a problem with it..

But, you might feel out of place with a Star Wars group team dressed as Jack Sparrow...

On the other hand...A Cap'n Jack could liven things up a bit...

16. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Dodge, at least you made it. So is a Jack Sparrow costume easy to bowl in?

@};-

17. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Is any costume easy to bowl in??

18. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Well some costumes are easier to bowl in than others, I'll tell you that. I'd rather bowl as Princess Leia than as a Storm Trooper. So, Dodge, how many pieces to that Jack Sparrow apparel?

@};-

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Bump...
    Since it's Saturday...

See you at 11am at the Professor Bowl on Rodney Parham..

And if thats wrong please somebody let me know.....

20. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Bump...cause I accidently pused it to the bottom of the page...

Sorry.

[face_pig]

21. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey guys, I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it with the weather the way it's supposed to be. With tomorrow evening's play, I can't afford to take any chance of the weather keeping me from getting back on time. I don't know how hostile the weather will be, and as it is, I have requested one of my fellow actors who thankfully also lives here in Jacksonville to let me ride with him to Beebe for the performance. I really wanted to go, and if it weren't for the weather, I would have been able to. Well, I wish you guys well tomorrow, those of you who still go. Got a cast party I'm going to be late for, ciao!

@};-

22. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    good time! thanks all! look forward to the pix!! post them away!

23. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I'm glad it went well. It sucked not being able to go, as I'd looked forward to it ever since y'all decided we were going to do it again. I just thought with a play I had to be present for I'd rather err on the side of caution. I made a mad dash for school several hours before curtain call and just worked in the sewing room while I chatted with the director, who was also working on costumes. Hopefully there won't be such conflict (like a play) and hostility (like today's weather) the next time something's going on. Look forward to seeing the pix.

@};-

24. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    Wish I had seen that post about the weather keeping you from making it. We could have picked you up if it would have helped. Anyhow, missed ya there.

25. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out, we had a blast! As of right now, we do not have the grand total that we raised because several of us had pledges that we have yet to turn in. Once we get the final tally in, I'll let everyone know how well we did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.