main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bowl for Kids Sake 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Great Oaks Lanes!
    Great Oaks Lanes!
    Great Oaks Lanes!
    Great Oaks Lanes!
    Great Oaks Lanes!
    Great Oaks Lanes!
    Great Oaks Lanes!
    Great Oaks Lanes!

:p :D

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Roseland Lanes. But I'm cool, so I don't need to repeat myself more than once.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Buckeye is a great place (been there before)...haven't been to any of the other places; so sooner of later we'll have to hit them as well.

I have to get my January schedule...then i can kick around some days with ya'll.

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    My team is ready, I just need a command crew for the shuttle...

The site is up, and I registered out team. Visit the Bowl for Kids Sake website, and register for this year's event! There is a free e-mail you can use to contact family/friends about raising money for BBBS...I'm going to ask permission form Old Folks Home to contact some of our friends in Fanforce for support.

Your Supporter ID: 14129461
    Team: Rebel Strike Team

Once we start contacting people for donations, don't forget to mention the possibility of having BBBS send an invoice by mail rather then pay online (last year alot of people were more inclined to donate this way)

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Ruh gwyaaaag

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It's gonna be rough pal, I didn't want to speak for you...That's one!

7. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm with you too!

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    You can count me in!

EDIT: "The Dude abides, man. The Dude abides."

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "The Dude" forgot to register with BBBS...

THIS is a bowling BALL...
    THIS is the bowling LANE!
    You throw the BALL in >>> direction! ;)

EDIT: Already got word from Bobafemme...that's she's willing to help again!

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    The Dude has registered, man.

11. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh yea, forgot to mention, I registered too :D Now for the fun part, just gotta find people to donate. Gonna bother my parents, girlfriend, coworkers, etc. until they give me some money. *Waves hand in front of victim* you will donate to my cause...hehe.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Gonna bother my parents, girlfriend, coworkers, etc. until they give me some money
    That's the spirit! ;)

I'm asking around BBBS, my cousin Becky is a pro at this...get her advice. Plus, I can get official letters from BBBS that you can show people that the event is legit...makes them feel better about donating to a organization (rather then some guy off the street)

EDIT: How does the weekend of Jan 17-18th sound for everyone? Depending on where we go...and WHEN...the prices differ (and we can fit in a bunch of games) PLUS, everyone else is welcome to join us anytime we "practice"

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Those of us not in school (sorry Em) are we interested in bowling sometime during the day? Even on Sundays...the rate was cheaper if you can get there before noon.

Will...Wed 1/14 (anytime/anywhere) Eric and Cindy this work for either/both of you?

Depending on RoP film schedule, I'd like to have one on the weekend (17th or 18th) and have the rest of us play as well.

14. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Sure, just as long as I don't find a job and have to work then.

15. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Wednesday is fine, I'm off that day. Had plans with my girlfriend that day but I suppose I can drag her along and watch me bowl horribly (she's a better bowler than me lol, she was in a league like 11 years) So yeah, Wednesday is great!

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Cool...Freeway Lanes work for you guys? What about you Cindy?

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I have class until 3:05 on Wednesdays, other than that, it's okay. (And if it's going to be up there, remember to figure in driving time... if you want to do it at the same place, I need an hour to get up there (plus some time to walk to my car).

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I've never heard of Freeway Lanes, so if we're gonna go there I may need more information.

19. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Dude it's the place we went to last time! Lol.

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Um if we're doing bowling practice tomorrow, what time are we doing this? Just wondering.

21. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    And prices too please. :)

(I hope it's cheep, I'm a little short on money... :()

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Hehe... I totally forgot about this, oops.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Alright, since everyone is waiting for payday...Wednesday's practice got pushed back to this weekend. Saturday morning (time/place TBA) just to get a quick game in...and go over some stuff.

I showed BMack some stuff I want to use on the website (any developments on that Brian?) And we're about to start going around looking for donations...anyone with suggestions would be appreciated.

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Alright, got off the phone with Julie(BBBS) and have some important information (and question) for everyone:

DAY: Sunday, April 18th
    TIME: 10-5pm (we can choose our starting time...suggestions?)
    PLACE: Cloverleaf Bowling Center
    5619 Brecksville Road, Independence, OH 44131

I told her about the idea of having people dressed in SW costumes (I'm working on Ohio Garrison and Pittsburgh Fanforce) and she loved the idea! It's part of the reason we got moved from the Cleveland Athletic Club...to the open bowling on Sunday (more visibility) Cindy, start working on your friends at Rebel Legion...see if we can get a squad of rebels/jedi to help us out!!!

EDIT: Brian has the link (on jkoc website) to our B4KS website. So you can start refering them to our website, don't forget to tell them the name of our team.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    ((frell, i hate having 3 posts in a row))

I've got the business card for everyone...just need to arrange a time to get them to ya'll. Start looking around for family/friends/local business and bowling lanes to help sponser us.

I've been selling this to Ohio Garrison (501st) First of all, I've requested a squad be sent to the event for pictures and "trooping" with the kids...and I also hope they'll make a donation to our team. Mentioned the option of them fielding a seperate team (to compete against us)...that's always an option?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.