Bowl for Kids Sake 2004

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well...so far I have $1.55 in donations...this is going to be fun!!!
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I've thrown together something, similar to the Zahn promotional flyer, that we can start passing around to people when we ask them for donations...or even IF they'd be willing to post it for others to see.

I'll bring a draft of it to Zahn for ya'll to check out.
  3. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Something interesting on the Bowl For kids Sake website:

Michael Mayse has a team called "Millennium Falcon's" (and he's already raised $275)

Rebel Strike Team...assemble in the hanger bay!
    I'll have flyers ready by Feb 21 meeting (sooner if we go bowling) We need to be hitting everywhere and anyone we know. And the rest of you guys...if you can (or know people who would) we're gonna need all the help we can get!

Maybe we can arrange to play against this guy April 18th?
  4. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Flyers are done, and I have them split up among the 5 of us...I'll have them at the meeting 2/21.

We need to get together sometime soon for practice. I talked with Will and Eric about this...but even if you can get in a game or two on your own (or with a small group of us) the more practice the better.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to get us some publicity (Plain Dealer) and if she's interested...we should practice someplace (Freeway Lanes?) where she can meet us. I'd like to give her a good story to write about, including a chance to talk with as many of us as possible.
  5. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I wanna go bowling! BUCKEYE LANES!!!!
  6. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I talked with a guy over at Freeway Lanes...explained our situation, gave him some flyers, he's supposed to call me Friday to discuss what/if any can be done for us ((cross fingers))

Minnesota Force...thanks guys! (I'm on the board)
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    An interesting thing happened today, I was out at Brookgate Lanes...and while they can't help us (directly) the people there are willing to pass out our flyers to members of their bowling leagues.

One lady in particular said she has an uncle, who knows about us and jedi knights of Columbus! If you're reading this...HELLO, and please don't hesitate to post here and get to know us!

My Ballys has agreed to keep some flyers on display (hope I can get someone there to doante) and I have a call to make over at Yorktown Lanes! So keep thinking of places to go and talk with someone about Rebel Strike Team.
  8. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok...with other various mail (in well the mail), Geoff and I got in the mail the confermation letter from Bowl for Kids Sake. Which means we have the OFFICIAL letter to give people (so if they ask for official documents we got them!)

And Yorktown can't help us but will but flyers out! :D
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Nice job Eric! $80 (from various people)
  10. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. I currently have $20 in cash. Let me know ASAP on how I can get this submitted. Bringing my $60 online plus $20 in cash to a total of $80 and team total of $100.
  11. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'm waiting for a response to that question Eric.

At the February meeting, we got permission to move the monthly meeting from the third Saturday of the month (4/17) to Sunday 4/18!

Kim has agreed to lead the costuming group...since most of us with costumes are bowling! She'll be in charge of any photo ops with kids (I'll be around to help with any media that shows up). So you fellas from Ohio Garrison...mind taking orders from the "Emperor's Hand"? ;)

Any ideas on where we should go afterwards? Having the meeting following the event would serve as a good "after-party" where everyone can socialize. We had such a good time at Zahn...seems like the perfect opportunity to do it again!

EDIT: News regarding the cash donations question...from Jen @ BBBS:

Hello Geoff-
    Good question. Members of your team can send cash to our office. There is a form on each person's website that one can print off for mail-in donations. If member don't use that form, make sure it is noted who the donation is from and for who the pledge is to be credited to. Our address is listed below. Once received, our office will update your totals for you.

Jennifer Potocnik
    Special Events Manager
    Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Cleveland
    1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 552
    Cleveland, Ohio 44115
  12. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Here's the latest, in terms of who will be there"

Rebel Strike Team
    Krash
    padawan92
    JarJarJedi
    Reborn-Jedi
    TheRandomMenace

Costuming group
    Jade-Walker (Mara Jade)
    Beltayn (stormtrooper)

I'm recruiting as many people from Ohio Garrison as possible...but we're gonna need some good guys. And unfortunatly, most of RoP cast...is BOWLING! :D
  13. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good and evil is a matter of perception!

The last time I took orders from a woman, it involved leather and...whoops, nevermind [face_devil] ;)

14. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi mind trick time... you weak-minded trooper. 8-}

*move along, move along*

8-}
  15. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Fortunately, I'm impervious to Jedi Mind Tricks and all that hocus pocus voodoo stuff :D

17. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm not going to be able to make it that weekend. My nephew is being Baptised on April 18th.
  18. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Good luck and I hope you surpass your goal.
  19. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks DarthLucanas...I hope we do too!! :D
  20. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks DarthLucanas...while we have not met, your help is greatly appreciated!

And thanks Bobafemme! I can always count on you. Hope everything and everyone from your school (who was in Spain) is alright.
  21. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Not a problem at all. Good luck.
    And if you do it all again next year I am glad to help out anyway I can then.
  22. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Geoff,
    I was wondering, besides Beltayn, do we have any other costumers coming?
  23. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks a bunch DarthLucanas! :)
  24. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    do we have any other costumers coming?
    I wanted to talk with the guys from RoP...who aren't bowling...to see if they'd be able to help us. And I was hoping Brian would break in his new robe (I'd loan him my obi-wan tunic) for another jedi!

Plus "Coyote" from Ohio Garrison MAY have his armor ready...we've discussed this on OG boards
  25. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.