main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bowl for Kids Sake 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Best of luck this weekend. :)

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I stopped at JC Comics in Cuyahoga Falls.
    And I couldn't help myself. I had to buy the Republic 63 with Quinlan Vos. And I also found Darkness--with Aayla Secura. :) Besides, I figured he'd be more likely to listen to me if I bought somehting. ;)

And then I went to KB toys and picked up a 3-1/2 in Yoda for the auction while I was there. :D

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Joe Corroney stuff arrived yesterday...3 color prints (custom signed)

...tons of black and white sketches (all signed)

...and a clonetrooper sketch (on a card, one of his early works)

As I told the team last night, we've got TONS of stuff for the raffle...and we may even have leftovers. I have a few ideas on how to get something for those (after Sunday) but we're in GREAT shape for tommarrow.

I'll be there @ 1pm...gametime kids, let's go!

Krash
    General - Rebel Strike Team

4. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Excellent job folks! I had a great time troopin' with you!

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I had a great time jediing with you, too. 8-}

6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    And I had a great time Sithin'...lol.

Had a really awesome time today, we definately need to do more events like this. It gave me a really good feeling to have helped a charity out today, and also to show the world what kinds of fans we are! I was able to get my mind off of the problems and obstables I'm encountering, and had a blast instead! My bowling was a bit lacking though, I blame my costume for that :p Having you troopers there too was really, incredibly awesome!! I was having Celebration II nostalgia from seeing so many troopers lol.

The meeting was good too, even though I don't like McDonald's much, having our meeting on the 2nd floor was a great idea! I think we got quite a bit accomplished, and it was good to finally meet you new people (Michael/Beltayn, rockin' armor dude!; and Chad/DarthDurance). I don't think I'll have another McDonald's shake ever again though...I tasted a little bit of chocolate in my strawberry shake...blech. Oh and pix!!! Where's the pix? *BMack I know you took pix of me and the troopers...so I'm gonna bug ya about it till I see 'em!!*

7. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    OMG IF ANYONE IS READING THIS RIGHT NOW TURN ON CHANNEL 6 ACTION NEWS!!! WE'RE ON TV!!!

8. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Very fun time, guys :D
    Picks? Yeah. I'm sending some to Krash tonight.
    Oh! And I'll send the minutes to Don tomorrow.

9. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    WOOOOOOOT We were just on Action News!!! I think the news anchor said "So what do Darth Vader's stormtroopers do on their day off? Apparently, they bowl!" And showed clips of everyone, including one of the troopers bowling, and even showed a clip of me bowling WOOT, that was just incredibly cool!

10. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I take it everything went well? :)

I talked to Joe Corroney and he was very happy to make the donation. Hehe, I actually spent a good portion of the weekend keeping him company at his booth when the con was going slow. How'd the raffle go?

And I want to see pictures! :D

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "This has the potential for being either really big...or really bad" - myself, this morning.

And the answer is...it was FRELLING AWESOME!

We did a great job today, both for BBBS and ourselves. The raffle went well, and the comics were a hit with the kids in attendance (one of who had his own lightsaber) We've got plenty of comics and pictures left...but I got some ideas on how we can keep the ball rolling.

Then there was the media campaign (otherwise know as me and Brian sitting outside with a phone book...our cell phones...and alot of free and weekend minutes! I think our call is what got Action News to come out (nothing made it on Channel 5 @ 11pm) And while we didn't get mentioned by name...you take the little victories where you can.

Thanks to the guys from Ohio Garrison for the trooper support. Watching Michael talk with that little girl is the main reason I want to "troop" Hope everyone from Youngstown had a safe ride home. We'll have to venture out and meet you half-way somewhere, sometime!

I have a copy of the Action News story...next time we get together at someone's place, we'll have to watch it!

EXCELLENT job today...everyone!

12. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    This was an absolutely incredible event. I'm glad we could not only get our names (JKOC and OG) out there but also do some good stuff for the community while we're at it.

Beltayn made it out with us again and also went over and registered with JKOC.com tonight... Also, glad to meet our newset friends in Ohio Garrison from the Youngstown area. Jeff, Danielle and Eric. And who of us could really forget Sebastian wearing his dad's bucket? Danielle went over and registered with us as well...

So we've got people coming in, helping us out, making good things happen in the community and I tell ya what, I feel all warm and fuzzy. I really need a hug. Ladies, don't be shy... ;)

-b-

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I feel all warm and fuzzy. I really need a hug. Ladies, don't be shy...

Actually, I wouldn't do that, ladies. That warm and fuzzy feeling is probably just gas. ;)

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I feel all warm and fuzzy. I really need a hug.
    Didn't I say that at the meeting? ANd where was the love for your GENERAL! :D

15. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    gas may feel warm.... but it sure ain't fuzzy...

-b-

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Jeff, Danielle and Eric. And who of us could really forget Sebastian wearing his dad's bucket?
    That was priceless...someone needs to send that "bobble-head" picture into SW Insider!

BTW, group picture is getting sent off to SWI as we speak...and it's been updated in the TFN story on B4KS

Nice turnaround on the picture...Kim and Brian!

17. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Man I wish I hadnt missed it. I had 2 guys call off from work and there was no way I could leave. Was there till 5:30. :(

Krash get me the video on Friday and I can put it on the web for everyone to see.

18. Beltayn

Jan 21, 2004
    "Jeding"?

:p

I was glad to have participated in this event. It's been awhile since I had anything to do with costuming, and I really get a kick out of seeing the reactions of people, especially the kids.

I missed the newscast- did anyone by chance tape it?

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah. Kids love the Stormies :D
    I love watching them swarm around you guys.
    But I don't envy you the lack of vision and the head in a can. :p

20. Beltayn

Jan 21, 2004
    Yeah, that kinda makes navigation around the munchkins a bit rough... :p

That's why we need a spotter with us to make sure the little ones don't get underfoot :D

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    "Jeding"?

Yeah, you guys are troopers, and you call what you do trooping, right? So if we're Jedi, under those pretenses, it should be safe to say what we're doing is Jediing.

22. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Of course I decide to get back in regular clothes right BEFORE the group pic....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Anyway, does anyone want to know the end score of the one and only game we did...

Eric 77
    Cindy 76
    Will 90
    Geoff 111
    Emily...172 (that's right..I had a four bagger in the end!)

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just got this in...regarding the group picture I sent from yesterday (along with some background info)

Geoff, thank you so much for sending this picture, and good job raising the funds! I appreciate your fan club news for Bantha Tracks!

Mary Franklin
    Fan Event Coordinator

Editor, Bantha Tracks
    Lucasfilm, Ltd.

24. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    I was bowling in costume. It was awkward.

That's my excuse for the poor score :p

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I missed the newscast- did anyone by chance tape it?
    I got it...Bret is gonna put it online, but you can borrow the tape from me.

"Jeding"?
    There really is no terminology for jedi/rebels to go costuming...and fortunatly, THAT is not one of the options ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.