Bowl For Kids Sake 2005

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    It's official, we're fielding 2 teams in Bowl For Kids' Sake

Rebel Strike Team is back, and this year Reborn-Jedi has taken charge of IMPERIAL LEGION so we can have our own lil battle of Endor at the bowling event ;)

Both teams still need 1 more bowler, and we're both going to need all the help we can get finding people to donate to Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Greater Cleveland. There are several events in the works to help us raise the $1000 (two teams with a goal of $500) so the next couple months are going to be ALOT of fun.
  2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Actually Geoff, we need two more bowlers.
  3. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    My team's ready, I just need a command crew for the shuttle!

Rebel Strike Team
    Krash
    JarJarJedi
    Padawan92
    Jedi-BMack
    TheRandomMenace

Good to have everyone back from last year. And really proud of Will for stepping up and taking on a team of his own. Just be ready to hear:

"The Imperials have lost a command post" ;)
  4. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Ok...think I just settled where our next meeting will be.

Freeway Lanes (Parma) is giving us 22 lanes to use for a fundraiser event for the bowling teams! :eek:

March 19th from 3-6pm

We split the entry fee ($12) which will cover shoes, ball, and all the bowling you can handle. Plus, the manager is open to the idea of us having a small raffle (I'm working on donations) and may even chip in a few things on behalf of Freeway Lanes!

This can be one of those "calling all cars" types of events: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Toledo FFs, as well as invite the boys from Ohio Garrison and Rebel Legion to Cleveland for the day! And don't hesitate to invite as many friends and family that you can think of....22 lanes (4-5 people per lane?) OMG...we could bring in $440 in 1 day for BBBS!
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    BTW, it's official...

Lazer Xtreme March 5th, 2005, doors open @ 4:00pm and they stay open till 11:00pm. Obviously, we don't need to have the troopers going the entire time (more people could work shifts )

We get to create the coupon for this day (this is important) because for every game purchased, with a JKOC coupon...$1 goes towards B4KS. Otherwise, we don't get the money So, whoever is going (yourself/friends/family) make sure they have a JKOC coupon for EACH game they play. B and I are already working on the design of the coupon, and once the manager of LX gives the OK...it's money (literally).

I mean how many times do you get to live out a childhood dream of playing SW in stormtrooper/rebel costumes???

I'll work on promotions, BBBS might be able to help get some local media to stop by during the day.
  6. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    How do we acquire some of these coupons after they've been made?
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Working on the details...safe to say, give me an idea of how many people/games you're briging and we'll make sure you get as many as you need!
  8. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Pittsburgh is looking to bring a group for the March 19th bowling/meeting.
  9. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have raised over my minimum!!?!?!?!

I can't wait for this bowling fun!
  10. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I have 45 coupons, if anyone needs them just drop me a PM.
  11. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Bricka Bracka firecracka
    sis-boom-bah
    Go Krash
    Go Krash

rah-rah-rah

you have officially been "cheered on"
    ;)
  12. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi, guys!

Don't know if you're still partying, but I'm back home, and wanted to thank you for the warm reception you gave me. I had a great time hanging out with you.

Malo-ha, especially nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to rooming with you at CIII.
  13. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was great meeting you too BonMothma. I'm glad you were able to make it. Even if we did manage to lose you on the way to dinner. [face_laugh]

14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    BonMothma, great to meet you! Sorry about losing you on the way to Rockne's.

If anyone's interested...pictures are online at:

thejediknightsofcleveland.com
  15. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    We're scheduled to bowl from 1:30-3:30pm (last shift). If anyone needs time to change, we should get there early (12:30-1pm???)

Cloverleaf Lanes
    5619 Brecksville Road (Independence)
    1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.