main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bowl For Kids Sake - update

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I just got an e-mail, that the article I wrote concerning my participation in Bowl For Kids Sake 2003 has been posted on...Fanforce News

Thanks to everyone who made donations, from all across the country, I think I enjoyed gathering support for this good cause more then the actual bowling (however, that was a fun time).

Maybe next year, The Jedi Knights of Cleveland should field an entire team?

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Dude, Amy so kicked your [face_shocked]. That is weak, man. Weak.

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Haha, owned. Apparently the Force wasn't that strong with you that day. j/k (all in good fun)

4. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Congrats on how well it turned out for you! Glad to see that all the money raised stays right there for the local kids. Congrats again. That was ... Impressive, MOST Impressive. :D

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I never said I was a great bowler...but I did what I could in terms of helping. Plus, I kicked Amy's :eek: in terms of fundraising (nice to know you can use the internet for good)

I really think, next year we should put together a full team for this event. I had a good time, both raising the money...and the actual bowling event.

EDIT: Plus, I think I did a good job of getting The Jedi Knights of Cleveland out there in the public's eye. Good PR for us!

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd be down with that... I love bowling. I generally score in the low 100s when I do bowl, which isn't too bad for not going much more than once every one or two years. I'm sure I'd do better if I practiced regularly. How about we get a JKOC league going in the months before it to get our game up?

7. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    If I bowl I would be ashamed of a low 100's. My average is a 120 or so. I would love to be on another league or whatever you want to call it. I was on one with my grandmother and aunt a year or so back!

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Congrats Geoff! :)

I love bowling. I used to go cosmic bowling all the time back in high school. I haven't been bowling in a long time. I'm not that good though. :(

Putting together something like this would be fun! :)

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You see why doing something like this, got me thinking WE could not only make a serious contribution to support BBBS...but have a really good time doing it.

I'm all for getting together and either bowling on a regular basis; or form a team and participate in next year's event (and maybe a league)

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I never said I was a great bowler...

Weak.

:p

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Alright, so my game is weak...at least I was out there raising money for the kids, and getting The Jedi Knights of Cleveland's name out there. I would liked to have worn my FF t-shirt...but ya know ;)

I promise you this...by next year, I'll be bowling in the 100-115 range! Then we'll see who "embarrasses the family" padawan!

*Krash heads over to Grandma Krickhan's house for bowling advice*

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Wwwwwwwweeeeeeeaaaaaaaakkkkkkkk.

Yes, it's 1:30AM and I'm bored.

13. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    That is weak!!! Grandma taught me everything I know....and only my AVERAGE after three games is a 120...My highest score once was a 160-165, I even got a turkey!!!

14. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    i'd come out to watch that, but i don't bowl...
      two reasons...
    1. i'd screw up the arm muscles for my top hand when i'm batting. It'd get all tight and not fun-like.
    2. they don't allow 'beverages' on the approach
    Tee Hee..

BTW, Krash.... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

-b-

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'd get all tight and not fun-like
    And that would be different from the rest of the time how? ;)

That's ok, we'd only need a team of 5 people (and you're welcome to watch)...and the rest of us could work on finding donations (believe me, it takes alot of work)

EDIT: BTW, I wanted to post a slightly different version of this article on thejediknightsofcleveland.com however, it wasn't ready... and I wanted to be wearing our fanforce t-shirts for everyone to see on the picture, same problem...
    WEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm a conformist.

WEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

Emily, by the low 100s, I meant anything from like 100-130, which isn't bad for only bowling every once in a Forest Moon.

17. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Getting a 100 would be a miracle for me. I really suck at bowling, and I don't think that I've ever broken 100. Will can tell you how bad I am, he's seen me. I'm glad that you guys had fun, though.

18. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Wow Krash, even I'm gonna rub it in....weak!!! Aside from that, I'd love to get a team going for a league or whatnot - I love to bowl and although I have no clue as to what my average is, I can say I at least bowl over 100 - my highest so far being a 157. Dunno if you all want to travel to Parma (although its no problem for you, Krash!), but I know an awesome place to bowl called Freeway Lanes, it's on Brookpark Rd near 130th, almost across from Big Boy. Awesome place, over 30 lanes, electronic scoring (no more keeping track!), and it's just an all-around great place. And Candii, you ain't that bad lol! There are a heck of a lot worse bowlers out there, like Krash! Just playin Krash, figured I'd chip in on picking on ya since the rest of the fanforce is - but I respect you for doing that to raise money - I'd have donated but I'm straddled for cash right now. Just wanted to mention that I'd be all for bowling on a team - as long as the place we bowl at is within a considerable distance!

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Ok, I know my bowling abilities (or lack of) need some serious work...I didn't sign up for this event because I wanted to bowl a huge score...I wanted to help a really good organization like BBBS.

I think putting a JKOC team for next year's Bowl For Kids Sake, as well as just for the fun...is a great idea. Alot of Fanforce chapter have bowling events/teams...I don't see why we can't do the same.

20. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    If we did bowl on some kind of team I think the best place to bowl is right by Great Northern...its called Buckeye Lanes...that place is the best place to go. When I would go bowling with my aunt and grandma we when to a different place every week and the best one we found was Buckeye (that was were we found the women's league we joined on summer).

Geoff, if we do bowl does that mean I get to use Darius again!!!

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Geoff, if we do bowl does that mean I get to use Darius again!!!

I love that you named your bowling ball after Darius KASPARAITIS! They're both short "little ball of hate" (it's a hockey thing) that knock a bunch of their enemys off their feet.

And to answer your question...sure, I wanted to bring you in for the BBBS bowling. Except you were in Vegas at the time

22. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Not that bad, huh? Obviously you have a very short memory. Either that or you've been working too hard lately and that's made your brain short circuit. Because a girl who averages about a 50 is pretty bad in my book. I will agree with you about the there are worse bowlers part, though. I know that you've seen them too, because you saw Diana and Julie bowl.

23. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    If you are going to use his complete name then spell it correctly!!! Darius KASPARAITIS!

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I got this in an e-mail from my Grandma (the one Emily used to be on a bowling team with)

Congratulations --- What a nice article and what a good thing you guys did.. But what happened to your bowling score.........I know you were too busy with details etc. to be concerned about your game......
    Thanks for sending the article to me - Gramdma

Ok, ya know you're in trouble...when your Grandma gives you flak about your bowling score...I'm never gonna hear the end of this!!!

25. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Grandma said that!!! are u sure Aunt Jan wasn't the one typing too! She would give you a much harder time about that!! :eek: :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.